Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,991 members, 7,899,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:31 PM

Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx (2127 Views)

I Was Denied US Visit Visa After 2days Of Approval From VO / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa / Malaysia Visit Visa And Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
Pls. I just recieved packaged documents from my niece; A naturalized citizen of United States for visiting visa for my old ma(Her Grandma). When going thru the documents, I saw a form filled by her regarding information about d old woman's status of being a WIDOW. I want to know if this has or no effect on the success of getting the visa.

Secondly, The old woman can neither read nor write, pls. what advice can u give for her interview 2 be made easy. What are the likely questions she should be expecting & how best 2 answer them? Thank you all as u start making reponses 2 my Post.
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by dancewith: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
You are good to go. Usually they do not allow anyone in with her. They have got interpreters in there who can translate whatever slang she is speaking. Make sure the docs are ok and she is polite and truthful. Good luck!
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by joxiri: 12:32am On Dec 12, 2009
hello poster
if you can apply for her from the uk its best if she has any close relative in the uk, my mum was rejected twice in nigeria and she got her visa when she came to the uk
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by johnkent(m): 2:01am On Dec 13, 2009
joxiri:

hello poster
if you can apply for her from the uk its best if she has any close relative in the uk, my mum was rejected twice in nigeria and she got her visa when she came to the uk
she's cant apply at the US embassy in the UK unless she's a UK resident.
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by joxiri: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2009
johnkent my mum is not a uk resident
poster if ur mum has a 2 year uk visa and she can prove she has relatives in the uk, then she can apply from the uk
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by funkybaby(f): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2009
joxiri:

johnkent my mum is not a uk resident
poster if your mum has a 2 year uk visa and she can prove she has relatives in the uk, then she can apply from the uk

can you please provide a link from an official US website to support this?
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by joxiri: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2009
Maybe my mum was a one off but she got her visa from the uk and she is not resident, but all her kids are british,
if it can be proved to the embassy that there are ties in the uk like we did with my mum i think theres a chance she can get the visa
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by johnkent(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2009
joxiri:

Maybe my mum was a one off but she got her visa from the uk and she is not resident, but all her kids are british,
if it can be proved to the embassy that there are ties in the uk like we did with my mum i think theres a chance she can get the visa
she cant be having ties to the UK because she's in the UK on a visit visa. If she has a UK visit visa and her intent was to immigrate to the UK, the US consulate will not be comfortable issuing a visit visa to her as she looks more like an intending immigrant. Thats the way i see it.
Your mom probably has a UK permanent stay or watever its called over there and u don't know it. It clearly states on all US embassy website that u have to apply for a visa at the embassy in ur country of permanent residence.
Not even the US embassy in canada will issue a visa to a visitor in canada.
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by joxiri: 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2009
wow she has a premanent residence and I dont know about it, she has ties to the uk cos she had a uk visa not a residence permit and she had family in the uk, am sure it says on the us website that you should have ties to your country or another country besides the us
well fact is she was refused twice in nigeria and she came to the uk and applied and she got her visa, this thread can go on forever now, cos people will doubt me but like i said maybe it was a one-off but if it didnt happen i wont suggest it to the poster
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by funkybaby(f): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2009
johnkent:

she cant be having ties to the UK because she's in the UK on a visit visa. If she has a UK visit visa and her intent was to immigrate to the UK, the US consulate will not be comfortable issuing a visit visa to her as she looks more like an intending immigrant. Thats the way i see it.
Your mom probably has a UK permanent stay or watever its called over there and u don't know it. It clearly states on all US embassy website that u have to apply for a visa at the embassy in your country of permanent residence.

my exact thoughts !
reason why i asked for a link to butress his claim
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by joxiri: 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2009
well like i said this thread can drag on for ages but she doesnt ve a residnce permit and she got the us visa from the uk
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by segzeybaba(m): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2009
I dont know why people find it so hard to believe someone on this thread,

Non Residents of the United Kingdom

Although we accept applications from anyone physically present in the United Kingdom, it is often difficult for applicants who are not permanent residents in the United Kingdom to demonstrate that they have sufficiently strong ties to a third country, as consular officers in London or Belfast have no way of verifying or evaluating information from other countries.

If you are a temporary resident of the United Kingdom, or are planning on traveling to the United Kingdom specifically to apply for a visa, you may wish to consider applying for a visa in your country of permanent residence where you will be best able to establish your qualifications for a visa.

source; http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/add_tcns.html
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by joxiri: 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2009
enough said thank you segzybaba
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by funkybaby(f): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2009
segzeybaba:

Non Residents of the United Kingdom

Although we accept applications from anyone physically present in the United Kingdom, it is often difficult for applicants who are not permanent residents in the United Kingdom to demonstrate that they have sufficiently strong ties to a third country, as consular officers in London or Belfast have no way of verifying or evaluating information from other countries.

If you are a temporary resident of the United Kingdom, or are planning on traveling to the United Kingdom specifically to apply for a visa, you may wish to consider applying for a visa in your country of permanent residence where you will be best able to establish your qualifications for a visa.

source; http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/niv/add_tcns.html

@segzybaba
did you read that link at all?
re-read the parts that i highlighted and then explain what it means

@joxri
nobody said you were lieing. all i asked is for a link to support this from the US website.

we all learn everyday

this is the first time i am hearing that a non-permanent resident person in UK applied for a US visa from the UK
it was will be rather unfair to mislead people into thinking once they have a 2yrs UK visa and have kids and uncles based in the UK, you can apply for a US visa only for them to go ahead and get a resounding refusal grin
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by joxiri: 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2009
i didnt say u said i was lying but u had ur doubts, and I was not misleading anyone i was just merely providing possible suggestions to the poster
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by segzeybaba(m): 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2009
@funkybaby
Where did it say applying in the United kingdom will result in an immediate refusal?,  as the website stated application is accepted from everyone in the United Kingdom, permanent resident or temporary resident! the website only advised to return to your home country for better verifying or evaluating information.
Anyone can apply and its left for the US embassy to either refer the applicant back to his/her home country, or grant or refuse the visa application based on the documents and information infront of the Consular officer,
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by jenesy123: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2009
johnkent:

Your mom probably has a UK permanent stay or watever its called over there and u don't know it. It clearly states on all US embassy website that u have to apply for a visa at the embassy in your country of permanent residence.
The bolded part. A friend got US visa at us embassy in calgary 2 times on six month canada visa. first time he was going for family reunion, tho all his sisters are canadian. second time he got employment offer, as the procedure you have to leave the country before a work permit will be issued to you in canada if you are on a visiting visa. even the second time his canada visa was gonna expire in 2 two days but he still got 3 weeks to yankee to get his work permit. so that bolded part was not true. tho he has good travel history on is passport. so anything is possible.
Re: Us Visit Visa For My 73 Years Old Mother. I Need Ur Advice Please. Tanx by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2009
Waoh ! Big tanx to dancewith 4 ur good advice & big thanks also go to others for their digression , I apprec8 u all but I would av bn so much glad if all those all about UK arguments could be converted in2 more advice for my post. Once again, Thank u all.

(1) (Reply)

Bus from Onitsha To Calabar / Anyone Travelling To Nairobi On The 14th Of December? / How Much Is Schengen Visa For Italy (short Term Visa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.