Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,252 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities (35331 Views)

2019 UTME: Why Some Candidates Have Multiple Results – JAMB Explains / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by eph12(m): 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

oga u seems not understand the koko of the matter!

the koko of the matter is majority of nigerians can not afford the fees of private universities! period!

if JAMB wants to make private unis as compulsory second choice, then they should standardize the fees of private unis to either tally with or slightly above that of public unis! simple!

in fact based on this dumb decision by jamb(which am sure some things don exchange hands) it simply means that jamb's new method of refusing u admission will be to simply send u an admission letter to a private university!

oh and let me assure you that at least 70% of the 2017 admission will go to private universities and 80% of that 70% will come from the south!

this new admission policy is a cleansing or depopulation method - they want to drastically reduce the population of people in public universities - let me put it in a more simpler term - THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE POOR MAN'S CHILDREN CAN NO LONGER GO TO UNIVERSITY - AND YES IT WILL BE MOSTLY POOR MAN'S CHILDREN FROM THE SOUTH!

NB: IF YOU DOUBT MY ASSERTIONS - PLS BE KIND ENOUGH TO ASK YOURSELF - HOW MANY PARENTS YOU KNOW THAT CAN AFFORD TO PAY N300 THOUSANDS PER SEMESTER FOR THEIR WARDS (N300 THOUSAND BEING THE LEAST ANY PRIVATE UNI TAKES FOR NON-SCIENCE RELATED COURSES).
Let's fill up the other federal and state universities first before you talk about private. I believe what jamb want is that instead of choosing UI as first choice and a state university as second choice, just go for that state university straight and get your admission once.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Enemyofpeace: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
If after writing this one and I'm not given admission to study mechanical engineering I will just go and learn mechanic work and I will still be calling myself Engineer enemy of peace
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by DAREH13: 1:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
USELESS BOARD, WHY ARE FREEZING OUR RIGHT TO EDUCATION? they sud just cancel 1st,2nd nd 3rd choice stuff nd let all dose chosen institution maintain d same status
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
All this policies are just to make life miserable for Nigerians.
All those explanations and reasons by jamb are just senseless.

#THEREISGODOH cry lipsrsealed angry
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Alphasoar(m): 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please can we just scrap Jamb¿¿¿
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
I don't care about any of this. Please just open your stupid jamb portal so we can register. House don tire me. Na everyday they dey abuse me for house
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by pricipal2003(m): 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
Wicked, foolish, senseless and self centered policies even from the so called professors. Are these any different from the rougues parading themselves as our leaders! Please God, come quickly and deliver us from these calous leaders
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by pricipal2003(m): 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
Stupid, nonsense and animal talk from people that should know better. How many Nigerians can afford the fees of private universities!
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Dhamurlhar: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
Lautechgossip:
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed why it restricted candidates from choosing two public universities during the 2017 online registration.

Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s Head of Media and Information, told PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday that the choice of public universities was restricted to one but candidates can choose as many colleges of education and polytechnics as they want.

The new measure by the board means that candidates may select a public university and a private university, but not two public universities.

The new update was revealed by JAMB via its official twitter handle @JambHQ on Friday.

It reads: “candidates can select NCE as their choice up to three times I.e 1st choice, 2nd choice and 3rd choice.

“But they are not allowed to select two public universities as choices. If candidates select a public university as their degree awarding choices, they are allowed to select a private university as another choice.”

Mr. Benjamin told PREMIUM TIMES that the Board took the restrictions because candidates hardly get admissions into their second and third choice universities.

“Yes we restricted the choice to one but candidates can choose as many colleges or polytechnics,” he said.

“We discovered it was of no use choosing a university as second choice when in actual sense they can’t even accommodate their first choices,” the JAMB official said.

Candidates have however cried foul over this new information as they lamented that the board is indirectly enforcing the choice of private university on them.

The candidates also lamented due to the huge sum paid as school fees in private universities stating that they are not affordable by most Nigerian parents.

“The fees nko? Jamb go help the students pay the fees for the private universities? You can’t force somebody to attend private universities,” a Twitter user, Robinson said.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/jamb-explains-why-candidates-can-no.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique Fynestboi

rubbish
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by saintaustine(m): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
This is a good move, coming from JAMB and a welcome development
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by VeeGeeCee(f): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
This is very unfair.. They didn't consider ppl that cannot afford the federal university fee not to talk of private university fee..it should be addressed again please
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by ademusiwa2r: 3:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
i dont think, that is a correct procedure .

the correct procedure is to allow candidate to pick .. 2 public universities, 2 state universities, 3 private universities.

the issue is, 15 federal polytechnic should be handed over to the military and the police to be, converted to universities for their children to go to universities and also train manpower. while the rest federal universities should be converted to state universities campus. because the military and the police cant pay for the education of their children. The military and police has about 300 or more phd holder. why are we wasting their PHD. They can use the PHD to teach their children.

There are 46 federal polytechnic and colleges of education.

Because state cant afford to pay to build, new building in their universities. this way state dont have to spend money building new universities campus.

Nobody is using NCE certificate any more. even HND is obsolete. The world is changing and government policies most change with the world.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
eph12:

Hope you know every state in Nigeria has at least two public universities. Jambites can afford to pick any and not just focus on the top federal universities.
I hope you understand the write up. Honestly, I don't get your point. But let me try and respond...

Hope you know that not all the candidates choose federal universities as some simply choose two state universities or one state one federal. That's not too much to ask for! By pegging it at one, your chance of attending a government owned university is limited, whether federal or state owned. Back in the days, if your school of first choice doesn't admit you, you start trying your luck in your school of second choice.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Cityguy: 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
It's not enough doing all these reactions here on NL. Nigerian youths should take the protests to JAMB and the streets. Definitely something doesn't add up with this lame explanation.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by eph12(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
candy:

I hope you understand the write up. Honestly, I don't get your point. But let me try and respond...

Hope you know that not all the candidates choose federal universities as some simply choose two state universities or one state one federal. That's not too much to ask for! By pegging it at one, your chance of attending a government owned university is limited, whether federal or state owned. Back in the days, if your school of first choice doesn't admit you, you start trying your luck in your school of second choice.
From statistics available to jamb officials, choosing public schools as 2nd choice is a waste of time because people don't get admitted through 2nd choice.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
eph12:

From statistics available to jamb officials, choosing public schools as 2nd choice is a waste of time because people don't get admitted through 2nd choice.
Really? They need to get real time researchers to carry out a real time survey. Until they carry out an actual study, they can't be so sure...forget that statistics shait. Even if that is the case, I think they should just make it mandatory for schools of second choice to admit students who meet their admission criteria without forcing them to buy change of institution forms.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by eph12(m): 6:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
candy:

Really? They need to get real time researchers to carry out a real time survey. Until they carry out an actual study, they can't be so sure...forget that statistics shait. Even if that is the case, I think they should just make it mandatory for schools of second choice to admit students who meet their admission criteria without forcing them to buy change of institution forms.
That's the point. Those second choice universities have not admitted those that chose them as first choice finish you want them to be mandated to admit 2nd choice?
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by testimony54(m): 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mo ti mope Dada Ishaq Oloyede ko le da nkan gidi fun students rara

Iranu
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
eph12:

That's the point. Those second choice universities have not admitted those that chose them as first choice finish you want them to be mandated to admit 2nd choice?
If the candidate meets the admission criteria, yes.

If OAU sets the cut off point for law at 290, and a candidate who chose OAU as first choice scores 283 and his/her second choice(let's say Osun state uni) sets the cut off point for law at 245 which is clearly below 283, tell me why Osun should not admit such candidate simply because he chose osun as second choice.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by Tundellinium(m): 12:24am On Feb 27, 2017
JAMBITES are faced between the Devil and the Deep Sea. 2nd choice to a public university is almost a waste of time and private universities are expensive.
The solution to this hullabaloo is quite easy. Apply for polytechnic/NCE/diploma in your choice university(i.e if they have)/college of health and try DE after your ND. That's better if only your first public university didn't work out.
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by ojasweb(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
Download Myschool JAMB/UTME and Post UTME past questions android app for free.

Take exams, access your performance immediately and practice with over 40,000 past questions (all answered).
No need for internet connection. Use app without connecting to the internet.
Compatible with all android devices.

This app also gets you familiar with the CBT test.
Download from https://sellersng.com/…/cel…/jamb-cbt-android-mobile-app_i13

and contact me to get your activation code.
08060380375 or 08078440640
Re: JAMB Explains Why Candidates Can No Longer Apply To Two Public Universities by RitzyPrince(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
marlorsamuel:
man where you joking, education is the right of every citizen from it government even there in our constitution
it's still a choice, be it your right the government won't force school on it's citizen. Hope u dig?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bello Magaji: Nigerian Billions Diverted To Fund Private Universities In Uganda / British Military Instructors At The Nigerian Defence Academy (Photos) / Procedure/step On How To Regularize Your Jamb Registration Number Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.