Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,324 members, 7,950,637 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Travel Insurance Question. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Insurance Question. (3880 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Travel Insurance / Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Insurance Question. by Gentin: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2017
Hello everyone.

I have a question I'd like to ask. When applying for schengen visas, how do they go about this travel insurance of up to €30,000? Is it a sworn affidavit or what exactly? Cos from what I saw on vfs Italian website, it did look like a sworn affidavit, hence I took to cleaning and clearing my doubts.
Pls advice ASAP.
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by sosy25: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2017
No its not a sworn affidavit. Just go to any of the insurance companies recognized by Schengen countries and do it. The price varies depending on the number of days cover that you want.
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2017
Visit any AIICO insurance around you. It's about 30k the last I was aware of it. Don't know about it now but just visit any of their branch near you and you'll thank me later.
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by sosy25: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2017
Its actually far less than 30k if he wants travel insurance valid for one week or one month.

partnerus:
Visit any AIICO insurance around you. It's about 30k the last I was aware of it. Don't know about it now but just visit any of their branch near you and you'll thank me later.
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2017
sosy25:
Its actually far less than 30k if he wants travel insurance valid for one week or one month.

Ok that's fine. But I am saying exactly what my cousin bro paid the last time he travelled to Europe. It was precisely 30k but don't know about the duration it covers and it was AIICO precisely.

Re: Travel Insurance Question. by glanvdam: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
The rates vary on the period and type of visa entry.call for your travel insurance agent - 08138495607.
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by hodusglobal(m): 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
The one I did this year with IGI insurance company cost me N5,000 for two weeks trip, and that's the price I got from AIICO too. You can also do it via their website.
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by opomulero(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Go to the inurance coy urelf, its cheaper, u can do it online as advised, dont let abybody bobo u ..... Dint fall mugu....

Be smart

1 Like

Re: Travel Insurance Question. by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 28, 2017
glanvdam:
The rates vary on the period and type of visa entry.call for your travel insurance agent - 08138495607.

Please I need clarification, the insurance
1. is it for travel insurance or health insurance.

2. Does it cover any unfortunate health challenge once its still valid.

3. For someone who going to travel abroad for schooling, for how long should the Insurance cover?

Thanks, I'm just a novice
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by glanvdam: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2017
1. It is called travel health insurance. That is securing your health in the case of any sickness or illness the insurance company pays your medical bills when you travel.

2.If by unfortunate you mean sudden, unforeseen, an illness that just started suddenly while you travel, YES. It doesn't cover a pre-existing conditon or illness.

3.For anybody who wants to go schooling abroad, you can insure for the whole of your study period or for a certain period and later you can insure again.

It is good to seek for clarification and knowledge. You're welcome.

Call for your Travel Insurance Agent 08138495607. Travel Agents have companies they work for. I work for a reputable one.

HELLO!!!! I'M NOT A FRAUDSTER!!! AND BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT DEALINGS!!!
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by glanvdam: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
TTRAVEL INSURANCE OR VISITORS INSURANCE PROGRAMME (INSURVISA). Protects you and your family from financial hardship.
Re: Travel Insurance Question. by Sagd: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
For your best travel insurance deal, please visit www.custodianplc.com.ng/travel-insurance for a competitive quote

1 Like

Re: Travel Insurance Question. by Chukatabra: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Travel insurance looks a little vague because it's not so popular in Nigeria as most citizens pass up on the option.

However, it has several benefits as highlighted in this article: https://blog.changera.co/understanding-travel-insurance-tips-and-benefits/

(1) (Reply)

2017/2018 List Of Low Tuition Universities In Canada Plus Contact Information / Jordan Informations Needed. / Flights From Benin To Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.