Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,951 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:51 AM

Standstill - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Standstill (399 Views)

Standstill Benin City-wonders Without Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Standstill by Bubblewitch: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
The world was at a standstill, I could smell the dust deep into my organ of smell but it didn’t matter, I sat on the floor with hands numb, my heart heavy and my face drawn. I couldn’t help but notice the solitude of the house, my world was crashing down on me, I jerked back into consciousnat have I done? Oh, my God!!! Sarah noooooooo, I cried profusely with tears flowing surreptitiously, my hands displayed the horror of the moment and it was my entire fault…….
Sarah had walked in majestically with my new vintage shirt, I could see that she had gone against my warning, with disgust and anger building up in me, I screamed immediately “Sarah!!!”what on earth is this ?, why do you have my shirt on?, she stared at me with no iota of remorse and with a nonchalant attitude replied in the silliest of all manner “ I was searching for something to wear with my jeans, all my shirt and blouse wouldn’t fit, there and then I turned, saw a light shine on a shirt and I walked towards it, lo and behold , it was your vintage shirt, I tried all I could to resist the temptation but I couldn’t , so I borrowed it”, I felt disgusted with her and replied in a cold manner “ but I told you never to wear my shirt, off all the clothing you have, no top could match the jeans, it just had to be mine”.
“Sandra, come on, it’s just a shirt, stop making a big deal out of it” she said. I could see the smirk as she walked out on me, “Oh! No you don’t, you are not gonna win this one”, I said as I ran towards her and pulled her braids, I pulled it so hard she let out a wild cry but I wasn’t done with her yet, she would learn how to respect my rules and obey them, what on earth gave her the audacity to wear a shirt I saved to my last penny to buy, more so I haven’t even rocked the shirt, she will never try this again. As I continued pulling her braids, her screams got intense and in a jiffy she turned and kicked me on my tummy, I flinched and let go of her braids, in anger, I picked of the bread knife and chased her across the room and down the corridor, I finally caught up with her and with my whole body I pushed her down.
We fought for the knife, rolling and kicking each other, she punched me on my chin and stood up to run away, I held her on her ankle, down to the hard ground she fell, I finally gained the upper hand, sitting on her tummy and in a blink of an eye, I plunged the knife three-quarter down her chest. I felt her breath give way, as her eyes started closing, the reality of what I had done dawned on me, oh! My God, Saraaaaaaaaaaaah no, don’t go, I didn’t mean for this to happen, I only wanted to scare you and make you respect me, Sarah don’t leave me, no Sarah I’m so sorry, the words flew out of my mouth has the tears continued to flow, my sister’s hand dropped to the floor and she was gone…………
Proverbs 14:29 (English Standard Version) says, “Whosoever is slow to anger has great understanding but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly. Anger has kept a lot of people in positions they never thought or imagined they could be leading to the end product which often is regrets and remorse. Sarah would have been alive today if only Sandra had controlled her anger and approached the matter in a calm manner but rather in a bid to make a statement and in a rush of temper, she killed her sibling.
While growing up I learnt that the harshest of words and the worst of actions are said and done in an atmosphere of anger, in the heat of fierce emotions, we should all walk away or tread with caution as our very existence depends on it. We should all endeavor to control our temper, cause in the end we are heroes and not cowards when we do…….
https://aijworld./2017/02/26/standstill/

(1) (Reply)

Keep In Mind / The Church A Place For All In Achieving Church Growth / What The Holy Bible Teaches About "Dating And Sex"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.