Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:47 AM

Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS (32206 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Departs Nigeria For Germany On Air Ambulance / Amina Mohammed Watch Keenly As Buhari Delivers His Speech At UN General Assembly / Pre-wedding Photos Of Nadine Mohammed, Amina Mohammed's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Look at the rug at Nigerian airport.... cheesy

I won't be surprised if it's the world's most expensive rug grin

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by repogirl(f): 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
ephi123:

And I can't even point at exactly what she achieved in her Minister role, besides "kicking off" a supposed Ogoni cleanup which no one has heard any update about ever since.

I couldn't care less wherever she is headed to tbh. She's not the first and won't be the last either.
exactly o, I really don't understand the hype atall.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
congrats ma,
one request,
help to save and preserve earth environment from global warming and conflicts.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 26, 2017
ajuwarhodes:
Why she come use hausa language write the remaining, I cldnt read it jor

Her wish. Her social account.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by PDJT: 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Happy to escape the Zoo?
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by dinggle: 12:27am On Feb 27, 2017
I bet she ran before they blew the whistle on her!...corruption dey smell....whistle go still catch her.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 27, 2017
And she couldn't decline the UN appointment for love of country? Haba, there's nothing to be happy about madam, you are abandoning your country for greener pastures na

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Ceema1(f): 12:43am On Feb 27, 2017
Best wishes ma'am.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Attahir1(m): 12:44am On Feb 27, 2017
I'm gonna miss "mama Ogoni" angry
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by SIRmanjar(m): 1:02am On Feb 27, 2017
greenermodels:
shell pulled out of the ogoni clean up just two days after buhari launched it citing lack of sincerity by the government. it was dead on arrival.
Who told u she pulled out?
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by SIRmanjar(m): 1:04am On Feb 27, 2017
thuggCheetah:
Amina Mohammed wait, u forgot something

Catch!!
Hahahahahahah.Omo u no well atall.u badt
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Dedetwo(m): 1:10am On Feb 27, 2017
The so-called UN is idiotic as Nigeria.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Nigeriadondie: 1:28am On Feb 27, 2017
How does that affect the common man on the street? What impact did she even had when she was here? If u like go if u stay na ur business be that.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Hafeezson(m): 3:15am On Feb 27, 2017
Who give a Bleep

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Pylony(m): 5:09am On Feb 27, 2017
Deeply respect this woman for one thing, the Niger-Delta oil spill clean up campaign.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by juman(m): 5:11am On Feb 27, 2017
Funny thread.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by bigtt76(f): 6:08am On Feb 27, 2017
I hope she blessed the immigrations and custom people's desk ooo grin

PrettyCrystal:
Former minister for Environment, Amina Mohammed has bid farewell to Nigeria ahead of her new job at the United Nations. Amina Mohammed, who assumes the position of Deputy Secretary General at the United Nations in March thanked Nigerians for supporting her during her time as minister.

Farewell Nigeria as my life journey takes another turn on the road. Thank you for your kind words of support. Allah swt ya saka da alheri,” she tweeted on Sunday.

She was also pictured at the airport in Abuja -departing to an undisclosed destination.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/farewell-nigeria-amina-mohammed-departs.html

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by udeenz(m): 6:48am On Feb 27, 2017
ephi123:

And I can't even point at exactly what she achieved in her Minister role, besides "kicking off" a supposed Ogoni cleanup which no one has heard any update about ever since.

I couldn't care less wherever she is headed to tbh. She's not the first and won't be the last either.

Lol but she's the first Nigerian Deputy UN sec
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by Bigboytinz: 7:15am On Feb 27, 2017
discusant:
Welcome to the UN, Amina Mohammed.

But don't try to trample on human and groups' rights, else you get in conflict with the UN secretary General, Anthonio Guterres, who has spent much of his service life campaigning for and upholding groups and individuals rights to self-determination.

Part of the reasons the UN was set up after WW II is to uphold the rights of groups to make reasonable choices.
what is this idiooot saying. shut the hell up
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by sammhi(m): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2017
A serving minister leaves her country for the U.N in Buhari regime
In Obj / GEJ regime , a Nigerian who is with world bank leaves the world bank to work for Nigeria
Really : who is a patriot ?

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by advocatebaba(m): 7:58am On Feb 27, 2017
discusant:
Welcome to the UN, Amina Mohammed.

But don't try to trample on human and groups' rights, else you get in conflict with the UN secretary General, Anthonio Guterres, who has spent much of his service life campaigning for and upholding groups and individuals rights to self-determination.

Part of the reasons the UN was set up after WW II is to uphold the rights of groups to make reasonable choices.
What are u even saying, no sense @LL, haz she ever trampled on ur right... wu shud school wu abt UN... OVER SABI DAY WORRI u...
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by chinamachinery: 9:11am On Feb 27, 2017
China machinery consulting service on whatsapp +86 15603748866
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by HonabFaj(m): 9:38am On Feb 27, 2017
ephi123:

Let's praise ourselves, no one will do that for us, definitely she is not going to be the last at least she deserves some credit, that shows we have best brains among ourselves

On ogoni clean up, a lot is going on and she tried her best before she departed, everything you need to its on federal ministry of environment twitter page

Recently, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo visited Port Harcourt and during a stakeholders’ meeting at the government house, said Shell, one of the oil companies in the region, had been compelled to give $1billion which is to be used for the clean-up in five tranches of $200 million dollars a year.

“They have already given a take-off grant. We are going to begin to use it for certain remediation exercises immediately and also for different community projects in Ogoniland. We have already constituted the project coordination office and we are going to kick off some of the projects,” the Acting president said.

The federal government on Thursday also launched an Integrated Soil Management Centre in Ogoniland.

The ground-breaking was performed by the Minister of Environment in Bori, the traditional headquarters of Ogoni people, in Khana Local Government Area of River State.

The event was historical as it attracted Ogoni sons and daughters at home and in diaspora, as well as representatives of multinational companies and civil societies.

Speaking at the occasion, the Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed, reiterated that the Ogoni clean-up was part of President Buhari’s campaign promises to people of the area.

She, however, pointed out that the project was not for money sharing, but investing money for the development of the area.

The minister said the clean-up exercise would begin in earnest with the training of 1,200 Ogoni women because of the enormous sacrifices they have made in carrying Ogoni burdens and to train the youths as well.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/environment/ogoniland-oil-spill-eight-months-after-launch-of-clean-up-the-story-so-far/186292.html#jqsUVEBFFgtAgJDz.99[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by ephi123(f): 9:50am On Feb 27, 2017
HonabFaj:

Let's praise ourselves, no one will do that for us, definitely she is not going to be the last at least she deserves some credit, that shows we have best brains among ourselves

On ogoni clean up, a lot is going on and she tried her best before she departed, everything you need to its on federal ministry of environment twitter page

Recently, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo visited Port Harcourt and during a stakeholders’ meeting at the government house, said Shell, one of the oil companies in the region, had been compelled to give $1billion which is to be used for the clean-up in five tranches of $200 million dollars a year.

“They have already given a take-off grant. We are going to begin to use it for certain remediation exercises immediately and also for different community projects in Ogoniland. We have already constituted the project coordination office and we are going to kick off some of the projects,” the Acting president said.

The federal government on Thursday also launched an Integrated Soil Management Centre in Ogoniland.

The ground-breaking was performed by the Minister of Environment in Bori, the traditional headquarters of Ogoni people, in Khana Local Government Area of River State.

The event was historical as it attracted Ogoni sons and daughters at home and in diaspora, as well as representatives of multinational companies and civil societies.

Speaking at the occasion, the Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed, reiterated that the Ogoni clean-up was part of President Buhari’s campaign promises to people of the area.

She, however, pointed out that the project was not for money sharing, but investing money for the development of the area.

The minister said the clean-up exercise would begin in earnest with the training of 1,200 Ogoni women because of the enormous sacrifices they have made in carrying Ogoni burdens and to train the youths as well.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/environment/ogoniland-oil-spill-eight-months-after-launch-of-clean-up-the-story-so-far/186292.html#jqsUVEBFFgtAgJDz.99[color=#990000][/color]

I don't subscribe to the school of thought of "let's praise ourselves" even if we have not done anything worth praising. Leaders should be held accountable, simple.

As her own words state, clean up "would begin in earnest" -- meaning it is yet to be done. When it is complete and we have a non-polluted state, then we can conclude it is an achievement. Until then as far as I am concerned, she hasn't achieved anything substantial.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by HonabFaj(m): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2017
ephi123:

I don't subscribe to the school of thought of "let's praise ourselves" even if we have not done anything worth praising. Leaders should be held accountable, simple.

As her own words state, clean up "would begin in earnest" -- meaning it is yet to be done. When it is complete and we have a non-polluted state, then we can conclude it is an achievement. Until then as far as I am concerned, she hasn't achieved anything substantial.

Everything,we do its has to have a solid foundation to achieve the best result for it,FG is not the only one funding these project and this is not the first time this project will be flag off, what make it fail In the first time must not repeat itself again.In term of achievement you will see for yourself a things progresses
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by ephi123(f): 10:21am On Feb 27, 2017
HonabFaj:

Everything,we do its has to have a solid foundation to achieve the best result for it,FG is not the only one funding these project and this is not the first time this project will be flag off, what make it fail In the first time must not repeat itself again.In term of achievement you will see for yourself a things progresses

Well then, let's wait and see.
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by alaskido(m): 12:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
Buhari, I need this woman's job now that she is gone o. Please do not disappoint me o. grin grin
Re: Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS by roeb1987(m): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
how does that affect our economy? or how does that brings us out of recession introduced by the corrent administration? get the hell out of here!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares Photo With Bukola Saraki, Captions It ''God Is With Us My Man / Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Names Five-man Panel, Fixes Date For Hearing / South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.