Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,365 members, 7,971,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:24 AM

Benue Bans Ogogoro - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Bans Ogogoro (5238 Views)

Benue South Tribunal: David Mark In Court, Refuses To Enter Witness Box / NAFDAC Bans Ogogoro Nationwide!!! / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Fhemmmy: 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
I wonder what they will ban next?
What will be the punishment for a man drinking ogogoro in his house and yet has no money to get a lawyer if arrested?
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by dominique(f): 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2009
/l\
l
question is. . . will he get arrested?
law enforcement over there is pretty much non functional
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Fhemmmy: 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2009
dominique:

/l\
l
question is. . . will he get arrested?
law enforcement over there is pretty much non functional

True that.
So why make laws that cant be enforced . . . . guess just good for them on the book and not on the damn street
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by igboboy1(m): 1:01am On Dec 15, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@nezan & co
benue state has the highest hiv/aids rate in nigeria and you guys are beefing cuz i said benue people are sex maniac, Abegi

Its not just what you said but also how u said it u dumb f'u(k,
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by PastorOla1: 8:07am On Dec 15, 2009
Goooood One
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by obiksam(m): 8:47am On Dec 15, 2009
Ogogoro, shikpe, monkey tail, kaikai, dogoyaro, ginger, squady, chelsea,
red label, black label, any form of wsky, Gulder, Star, Harp, big stout,
red wine, see me off'ooh, legeng'ooh, my brother all dey enter eye
so i no see any reason why dey should ban the local one way be the original,
Well, d Goverment na our follow individual dey inside'am
I no see any reason why dey no go allow us freedom of right
If i say i wan take'am go mad e'no concern dem, na when i misbehave
den u can arrest me dat is wat dey shld do not the ban issue.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Kx: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2009
Ogosky,Gologin,Ukubaga,etc, are u worse than
every other achoholic drink that u should be banned
in tivland?
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by obiksam(m): 9:15am On Dec 15, 2009
Kx:

Ogosky,Gologin,Ukubaga,etc, are u worse than
every other achoholic drink that u should be banned
in tivland?

I did not understand  what you mean.
Are you refering to me or the house?
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
@igbo boy
since you dont like the way i said it,u can go bleeping mess yourself
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nezan(m): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@nezan & co
benue state has the highest hiv/aids rate in nigeria and you guys are beefing cuz i said benue people are sex maniac, Abegi

You can choose to be mischevious, that is your cup of tea. As far as I am concerned, about a third of every of Nigeria’s 36 states have HIV infection rates of over 5%, so the HIV pandemic is not limited to Benue. See source here

May be you don’t know, but Nigerians are rushing to South Africa these days despite the fact that South Africa has a higher prevalence rate of HIV than Nigeria. You can also learn here
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nezan(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2009
dominique:

dont say that, they're really nice people. i lived with them for almost a year. too bad poverty and ignorance is getting the better of them.

And which part of Nigeria doesnt have its own share of poor and ignorant people. You talk as if Benue state is not located in Nigeria, or are you living in wonderland? Go to Lagos, you will see poor people who sleep under bridges, go to Abuja, you will see people living in slums that even my grand dad in the village will refuse to sleep in. Grow up, poverty and ignorance is all over Nigeria, and there are many states in Nigeria that Benue people are far off better than.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by AloyEmeka9: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nezan:

You can choose to be mischevious, that is your cup of tea. As far as I am concerned, about a third of every of Nigeria’s 36 states have HIV infection rates of over 5%, so the HIV pandemic is not limited to Benue. See source here

May be you don’t know, but Nigerians are rushing to South Africa these days
despite the fact that South Africa has a higher prevalence rate of HIV than Nigeria. You can also learn here

Nice point.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2009
I didnt say other state do not have their share but benue is on top the list.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by jona2: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nezan:

And which part of Nigeria doesnt have its own share of poor and ignorant people. You talk as if Benue state is not located in Nigeria, or are you living in wonderland? Go to Lagos, you will see poor people who sleep under bridges, go to Abuja, you will see people living in slums that even my grand dad in the village will refuse to sleep in. Grow up, poverty and ignorance is all over Nigeria, and there are many states in Nigeria that Benue people are far off better than.
Nezan:

May be you don’t know, but Nigerians are rushing to South Africa these days despite the fact that South Africa has a higher prevalence rate of HIV than Nigeria. You can also learn here

Nezan:

400,000 People living with aids in Benue.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-363255.0.htm
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by AloyEmeka9: 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
Foolish jona, how many are living with HIV in your state?
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by jona2: 5:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@nezan & co
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by dominique(f): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nezan:

you dont understand, i've seen ignorance and i've seen IGNORANCE. at least in Lagos, people still strive and hustle to improve their condition. but in Benue, they seem to celebrate their poverty and do almost nothing to alleviate their situation. you have to go there to understand what i'm talking about.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by AloyEmeka9: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2009
dominique:

you dont understand, i've seen ignorance and i've seen IGNORANCE. at least in Lagos, people still strive and hustle to improve their condition. but in Benue, they seem to celebrate their poverty and do almost nothing to alleviate their situation. you have to go there to understand what i'm talking about.

I've not seen anybody celebrating poverty. They may not have any option out there for to help them fight poverty. If the government can embark on training the indigenes vocationally, they hay have a headway.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by dominique(f): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I've not seen anybody celebrating poverty. They may not have any option out there for to help them fight poverty.  If the government can embark on training the indigenes vocationally, they hay have a headway.

you're right, nobody wants to be poor. but i'm used to seeing people getting up to do something about their status. i cant count the number of times i've heard "as you can see, we're poor" or somethimg similar. most of the indigenes have acres of fertile land to their disposal. what do they do with it? practice subsistence agriculture. they dont have any business savvy either. you can imagine them selling a tuber of yam for as N 10 to swinddling wholesalers from Lagos and other areas. most of the big shops there are operated by the Ibos. if thats not being comfortable with poverty, i dont know what that is.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by EeCee: 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
Wats new?the govt.in Benue state is so jobless dat it tinks dat the next best tin other spending public money on sumtin as stupid as foreign pigs,is 2 ban Ogogoro.These guys shud just gt their game right if they really want in on the naxt term
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by banqkool: 7:03am On Dec 19, 2009
typical example of the law enforcement breaking the law, LOL

Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by banqkool: 7:10am On Dec 19, 2009
another policeman,

Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nezan(m): 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2009
~Bluetooth:

I didnt say other state do not have their share but benue is on top the list.

Every state has people who are infected with HIV, so no point drawing Benue apart, no matter what you say, it is a Nigerian problem. Every body, Nigerian or expatriate, need to be conscious and seek necessary protection. And let me educate you, HIV is NOT only contacted by sex, so no need trying to imply the former from the later.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nezan(m): 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2009
dominique:

You are a serial liar, no body celebrate poverty. The fact that people sleep under bridges in Lagos and wake up the following morning to engage in questionable (aka nefarious) activities to survive shouldnt be elevated above people who live in villages but engage in extensive farming to improve they lot. You will agree with me that Benue people are very hardworking farmers who are proud and are not into begging for survival unlike other parts of Nigeria.

Click to see a study on poverty in Ekiti state.

It is not a Benue thing but a Nigerian thing.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by Nezan(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2009
dominique:

you're right, nobody wants to be poor. but i'm used to seeing people getting up to do something about their status. i cant count the number of times i've heard "as you can see, we're poor" or somethimg similar. most of the indigenes have acres of fertile land to their disposal. what do they do with it? practice subsistence agriculture. they dont have any business savvy either. you can imagine them selling a tuber of yam for as N 10 to swinddling wholesalers from Lagos and other areas. most of the big shops there are operated by the Ibos. if thats not being comfortable with poverty, i dont know what that is.

You are spewing nonsense here, do you know the number of Benue indigenes who have dusted themselves from the shackles of poverty? Let me mention a few: Engr. Gemade's father was a poor man, but the man rose above poverty and is celebrated. What of Terry Wayas? what of Iyorchia Ayua? what of Michael Aondoakaa, what of senator Akume? what of David Mark? . . . and the list continues . . . what of the numerous Benue graduates working in Lagos, Abuja, UK, US and other parts of the world? Do you even know that one of the richest Benue guys works as a Senior Director in the US with an oil company? Shut up and stop spewing nonsense.
Re: Benue Bans Ogogoro by johnson11(m): 4:22am On Dec 18, 2010
obiksam:

Ogogoro, shikpe, monkey tail, kaikai, dogoyaro, ginger, squady, chelsea,
red label, black label, any form of wsky, Gulder, Star, Harp, big stout,
red wine, see me off'ooh, legeng'ooh, my brother all dey enter eye
so i no see any reason why dey should ban the local one way be the original,
Well, d Goverment na our follow individual dey inside'am
I no see any reason why dey no go allow us freedom of right
If i say i wan take'am go mad e'no concern dem, na when i misbehave
den u can arrest me dat is wat dey shld do not the ban issue.

LoL, i am even high right now, but on some red label

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian States Financial/economic Ranking: Lagos No.1 $33 Billion Dollars! / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / This Is A Town In Anambra State - And Obiano Will Win Again (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.