Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:15 PM

2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle (27150 Views)

Question On Tint Permit / Online Police Tint Permit / 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
quick method, contact

www​.nairaland.com/pattybf

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by airsaylongcon: 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
quentin06:
I don't know why they keep making cars with tinted glasses, wasnt like that before.

Tinted Windows provide protection from UV rays of the sun.

Autojosh, my tint is the one they call nylon tinted. Is it possible to get permits on these or are permits issued only for factory tinted windows? Cos on Valentine day those bastard Anthony Police held me and I had to cough out a tidy sum because I was ignorant

2 Likes

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
Riddler32:

Maybe our path crossed.

Wow! Nice
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by SonofHim: 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
Any sharp method where you don't have to go to any Police Office (area or state command) to get your biometrics captured is fake ooo. Pls beware.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Ty207: 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
quentin06:
I don't know why they keep making cars with tinted glasses, wasnt like that before.

Technology
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by TheAdvocate(m): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
If you get your tint permit through an agent without the biometrics at the police headquarters in your state, it's fake.

2ndly, if you don't have a National ID card (either old or new) then your permit is fake. This is because your fingerprint is linked to that of the National ID card database.

3rdly, there is no written application or passport photograph as it's by physical capture.

You are warned. I just did mine on Friday last week and certificate came out today.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by woodmood: 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
Dymo:

You could have insisted on your ground, the previous tint permit is not invalid

Have been stopped a couple of times and they ranting abt my permit being old, i told them pointblank it was hogwash and no IG invalidated the previous tint permit

It is not as easy as that. Except you are not dealing with a Lagos or onitcha police officers. Insisted on your ground ability. does that mean you will not allow them enter your car or you will not follow them to the station? well, both are possible if u can settle instantaneous.

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
obillyj:
Please op am i to take the print out to any police office or must it be at a police headquarters? Reason i asked is that someone told me that it must be at police headquarters at Ikeja. secondly, how long will it take for me to do the capture, biometrics and get the original copy? thanks

Try Ikeja or Central Motor Registry @ Force Headquarters, Obalende. The time frame depends on so many factors but it will definitely take a while. Maybe a week if you are lucky or much more.

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
quick method, contact

www​.nairaland.com/pattybf

Nice one @ Gazzuzz
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2017
airsaylongcon:

Tinted Windows provide protection from UV rays of the sun.

Autojosh, my tint is the one they call nylon tinted. Is it possible to get permits on these or are permits issued only for factory tinted windows? Cos on Valentine day those bastard Anthony Police held me and I had to cough out a tidy sum because I was ignorant

The permit is only for factory tinted windows but many drivers still use it for vehicles that don't come with the factory tint. Police officers can still catch you easily if the tint is on the rear door window.. they roll down to see where the nylon meets the glass. Better to leave the nylon tint on only the rear windshield.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Yehman(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
First Method
This is the legal and most advisable process. In this process, you have to visit the police website (www.npf.gov.ng).. fill and download the application form or visit a police command office to pick up the necessary application forms. This method is free but expect to pay a few bucks here and there.

See the process below.

-Visit the Nigeria Police Force website.
-Click “tinted permit” under quick links.
-Fill the application form on the right side to obtain an application ID.
-In order to complete the application process, login with your email and the application ID given to you.
-Fill the Bio-Data form and provide the details of the vehicle you want to obtain a tint permit for.
-Take the print-out to any police command for barcode verification, capture your biometrics and collect you tint permit certificate.

Second Method
You can use a trusted agent who could charge average of 10k to do the entire process on your behalf. Several Nigerians tend to prefer this method due to time constraint.

How did you process your tint permit?

https://autojosh.com/tint-permit/

Will the agent also do the capturing?
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Akinaukwa: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
Please don't go through any agent cos you need to be captured which entails your physical presence and nobody collects a dime from you. If you are within Abuja just drive down to FIB Area 10 and get your tinted glass permit processed without paying one kobo. I know the officers in-charge and can testify to their ability and zero tolerance for corruption.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by hotbullion: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
First Method
This is the legal and most advisable process. In this process, you have to visit the police website (www.npf.gov.ng).. fill and download the application form or visit a police command office to pick up the necessary application forms. This method is free but expect to pay a few bucks here and there.

See the process below.

-In order to complete the application process, login with your email and the application ID given to you.
-Fill the Bio-Data form and provide the details of the vehicle you want to obtain a tint permit for.
-Take the print-out to any police command for barcode verification, capture your biometrics and collect you tint permit certificate.

Second Method
You can use a trusted agent who could charge average of 10k to do the entire process on your behalf. Several Nigerians tend to prefer this method due to time constraint.

I know the lady in blue dress.....Mrs....O...
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by alaskido(m): 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
My fellow Naira landers, I have completed the online registration. I went to Nigerian Police Force Headquarter in Ikeja, what I saw was like a market place. I got there about 8am and the crowd was over 1000. I asked an officer why we have so much queue. he said I should come by 3 - 4 am in the early morning if I want to be in the front line. How on earth can I leave my house by that ungodly hour. I work in VI. This means I have to leave work for one day. I was told only at the forces headquarters that you can capture your bio metrics. Why is this so? Why cant they decentralise this shit and stop putting the public to undue hardship. What is actually wrong with the one we did which is on paper.

This country and misplaced priorities.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
Yehman:

Will the agent also do the capturing?

Most don't but they should
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by AutoJoshNG: 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
hotbullion:

I know the lady in blue dress.....Mrs....O...

Lol. Badt guy...

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Gagame(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
First Method

See the process below.

Second Method

Iv tried it several times is nt going through
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by pattybf(f): 8:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
Just like driver license, getting a tinted permit is no longer rocket science, it can be gotten easily and in few days depending on how u go abt it.

thanks to Oga Gazzuzz!
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by flecho: 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
kindly advise my car has no factory tint,bt i will like to install the nylon own is it positive. and issue of rear windshield without permit is it an offense.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by flecho: 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
issue of rear windshield without permit is it an offense.
AutoJoshNG:

The permit is only for factory tinted windows but many drivers still use it for vehicles that don't come with the factory tint. Police officers can still catch you easily if the tint is on the rear door window.. they roll down to see where the nylon meets the glass. Better to leave the nylon tint on only the rear windshield.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by autojosh: 12:42am On Apr 04, 2017
flecho:
issue of rear windshield without permit is it an offense.

According to the Nigeria Police, it is an offense.. and you need the tint permit for that.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by uboma(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2017
Nutase:
Method 1 is for people who just paid for the car and it is about to be shipped.
Method 2 is for people whose car has arrived and wan to start using it without harassment immediately

the reason why people choose method 1 as listed by is not true.

A car that is about to be shipped from abroad is not registered, hence tint glass permit cannot be processed for such a vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by oNj(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
First Method

See the process below.

Second Method

A friend of mine took the second route to get his done... Very fast.

The issue though is that the QR code on it is showing mixed up information: His details and a web link pointing to a different permit.
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by charlisco(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
Why you should apply for npf tinted glass permit
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by Pitokwe(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
I want to go obtain a tint permit for my vehicle. What is the latest process. Do they still collect money after filling the forms online?

1 Like

Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by ospreywin(m): 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2019
You can now get your tinted glass permit done in Lagos, hassle free within 2 days. Call or Whatsapp 08144476474 for more details...
Re: 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle by ospreywin(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
HOW TO CONFIRM THE GENUINENESS OF YOUR TINT PERMIT
Getting a tint permit is one thing and getting the original one is another thing entirely, there are several ways you can confirm your tinted glass permit if it's fake or not:
1. BARCODE: Original tint permit do comes with a barcode printed on it which carries your informations like name of owner, vehicle registration, chassis number, make of vehicle... If you get a permit without these informations correlating with your registered informations then it's fake!
2. VERIFICATION PORTAL: There's always a link on the barcode below your informations which will redirect you to your verification portal, copy the link and paste in your browser to verify your application status. This way you're sure it's original permit but if the link doesn't work then it's fake.
3. SIGNATURE: Sometimes it's always confusing to know if you're holding an original document in Nigeria cos fake ones always look better and appealing than the original, check the signature on your permit if it's fainted or bold... Fainted signatures shows they are scanned and edited which is likely to be a fake one but the bold and vibrant means it is authentic.
4. APPLICATION ID: During the pre-registration, you will be issued an application Id to log in to your portal with your email, if you still have the application Id and mail you can use that to verify your permit but since the print out is done at the force headquarter also, this might be challenging.
These are the ways you can verify your permits.. If you need a tint permit stress and hassle free, you can whatsapp or call 08144476474

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peugeot 508: The Beauty Nigerians Deserve. / A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith / Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.