Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria - Technology Market (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria (82628 Views)

iOS is rigid which android device is better more / Android TV Box (watch IPTV And Dstv Free). Mobile And TV Set / Super Neat Iphone 6 (16gb)wifi Only Or For Use As Ipod,45k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by teebell90: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Movie streaming and online gaming......games like Need for Speed Rivals. grin

CavendishPlex:
J

You can say that again! It's movie streaming until I can do no more grin
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
I thought this would be useful to someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHeFdewQNtc

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by modash(m): 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
Am using tizeti's WiFi.com.ng unlimited plan for N9,500 but the network has been very poor for the past two days
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by teebell90: 8:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
To learn more, how can people who have 3g modems connect their box to it. Lan to usb? Can the software of the modem be installed on the box?

cc: @iliyande @modash @cavendishplex
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
teebell90:
To learn more, how can people who have 3g modems connect their box to it. Lan to usb? Can the software of the modem be installed on the box?

I tried it but it didn't work...
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
teebell90:

I'm not sure I get you quite correctly. The TV box connects to the Internet basically via 2 ways; WiFi and LAN (via the RJ45 port). Some boxes like the Xiaomi Mi do not have a LAN port. Just WiFi.

For a smooth experience, 3G might not give you the desired results as I'm not sure any of our Telcos at present will do justice via their 3G services.

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
modash:
Am using tizeti's WiFi.com.ng unlimited plan for N9,500 but the network has been very poor for the past two days

I understand how you feel. Trust me, there are days all I just want to do is throw away my modem as a result of some horrible service.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lacomb(m): 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
Thanks everyone for your reply, had to register a new account and used my other account, gtb naira master, and it went smoothly, just got a mail it had been shipped. Waiting patiently.

@cavendishplex would need your assistance when it eventually arrives.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lacomb:
Thanks everyone for your reply, had to register a new account and used my other account, gtb naira master, and it went smoothly, just got a mail it had been shipped. Waiting patiently.

@cavendishplex would need your assistance when it eventually arrives.

Feel free to get in touch when it finally arrives. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ever heard of SET (streaming entertainment technology)? It's a paid IPTV which offers a large collection of live TV, tons of recent movies as well as TV shows though this is still very much work in progress.

I'm still sampling the trial version before I decide whether or not to take the plunge which goes for $20/month. I have quite a number of add-ons on my Kodi which give me a lot of free live TV as well as using other installed apks like LiveNetTV, Solid Streamz, TVPlayer, etc, but this SET IPTV beats them all in terms of stability and reliability.

Check out the layout of the channels while accessing the EPG (electronic programme guide). Just beautiful!

With the very large repository of channels on board, I really wouldn't mind going further with this.

3 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
The Internet is replete with all manner of available IPTV streams you can access without much ado.

With the traditional cable TV as we know it taking a hit from so many free apks you can lay your hands on, it's almost as if one wakes up every morning to a new way of accessing live TV, movies and TV shows at little cost or next to nothing.

YouTube now has a live TV application called the YouTube TV which gives you live access to over 40 channels, but is only available in five US metropolitan areas for now: Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia and the San Francisco Bay Area. YouTube says more cities will be added in the coming months.

For 30-day trial run, you can hook up to YouTube TV right from here in Nigeria or anywhere else outside of the initial 5 cities. Check the video and thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYQy7swfpo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by teebell90: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
@cavendish, keep keeping the thread alive bro......

CavendishPlex:
The Internet is replete with all manner of available IPTV streams you can access without much ado.

With the traditional cable TV as we know it taking a hit from so many free apks you can lay your hands on, it's almost as if one wakes up every morning to a new way of accessing live TV, movies and TV shows at little cost or next to nothing.

YouTube now has a live TV application called the YouTube TV which gives you live access to over 40 channels, but is only available in five US metropolitan areas for now: Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia and the San Francisco Bay Area. YouTube says more cities will be added in the coming months.

For 30-day trial run, you can hook up to YouTube TV right from here in Nigeria or anywhere else outside of the initial 5 cities. Check the video and thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYQy7swfpo

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
teebell90:
@cavendish, keep keeping the thread alive bro......

It's a passion for me. I will.

@Lacomb How's it going with your TV box? I assume you would've picked it up from the post office by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
MINE IS COMING TO ME ON THE 28TH OF THIS MONTH, I JUST CANT WAIT

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 6:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
ceejay80s:
MINE IS COMING TO ME ON THE 28TH OF THIS MONTH, I JUST CANT WAIT

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee! Happy for you.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Lacomb(m): 8:57am On Apr 13, 2017
CavendishPlex:

It's a passion for me. I will.

@Lacomb How's it going with your TV box? I assume you would've picked it up from the post office by now.

Thanks Bro! I did pick it up from the Sabo post office yesterday, but I had to travel, so I haven't had the time to put it on. Would definitely get in touch when I return. Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 9:39am On Apr 13, 2017
I want to sell my ki plus @18k only

K1 Plus DVB-T2/DVB-S2 integrates the Android 5.1 TV Box and DVB-T2 Terrestrial Receiver and
DVB-S2 Digital Satellite Receiver, which can enhance the function of you TV or LCD monitor and
change your traditional TV or LCD monitor into a intelligent platform which just like a smart
phone or a Tablet PC by connecting the Internet (via WiFi or RJ45).

1. Android TV Box + DVB-T2+DVB-S2
2. Android 5.1 Lollipop OS
3. DDRIII 1GB, Nand Flash 8GB
4. Support H.265 HEVC
5. Support 2.4GHz Wifi
6. KODI Pre-installed and Play Perfect
7. Support Cccam & Newcamd

Whatsapp me: 0 8 1 0 0 7 1 4 1 5 8

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lacomb:

Thanks Bro! I did pick it up from the Sabo post office yesterday, but I had to travel, so I haven't had the time to put it on. Would definitely get in touch when I return. Thanks for the help

It's all good. Hope you had a good trip.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Bwaal(m): 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
iliyande:

I don't sell, I bought mine from aliexpress. Use access bank or gt visa/master card. It is cheaper @(325/1$)

Below seller is tested and trusted with free shipping
Please check your mail
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 6:49am On Apr 14, 2017
Bwaal:

Please check your mail

Replied
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2017
iliyande:
I want to sell my ki plus @18k only

K1 Plus DVB-T2/DVB-S2 integrates the Android 5.1 TV Box and DVB-T2 Terrestrial Receiver and
DVB-S2 Digital Satellite Receiver, which can enhance the function of you TV or LCD monitor and
change your traditional TV or LCD monitor into a intelligent platform which just like a smart
phone or a Tablet PC by connecting the Internet (via WiFi or RJ45).

1. Android TV Box + DVB-T2+DVB-S2
2. Android 5.1 Lollipop OS
3. DDRIII 1GB, Nand Flash 8GB
4. Support H.265 HEVC
5. Support 2.4GHz Wifi
6. KODI Pre-installed and Play Perfect
7. Support Cccam & Newcamd

Whatsapp me: 0 8 1 0 0 7 1 4 1 5 8

10k serious buyer, can it play movie from a 3TB external hard drive?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 8:50am On Apr 14, 2017
ceejay80s:

10k serious buyer, can it play movie from a 3TB external hard drive?

I can't say but it plays from other drives.

10k? Nah. The box is still perfect with its wireless mouse oo

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by teebell90: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
Where are we here!! Any update from anybody?? smiley
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
teebell90:
Where are we here!! Any update from anybody?? smiley

Guys seem to be silently enjoying their box sets.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by teebell90: 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
Abi ohh.... By the way if we love smart TV boxes, we would love smart watches as well. See Lemfo smart watch.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxPakWsUM9o
CavendishPlex:

Guys seem to be silently enjoying their box sets.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
My android box has arrived to me today and I love it, its one gb ram and I don't care ,its working perfect, it plays movies and mp3 songs via my 2TB external hdd, I will test it with my 3TB on monday when I get to work, it connected to the internet through my blackberry wifi hotspot, I love it, I am right now playing Britain's got talent from my 2tb external hdd via the usb

2 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by passendi: 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Thanks for the info. I have never bought anything on AliExpress 'cos of fear of scams. I just might consider this.

I see you quoted it comes with free shipping down to Nigeria. How long did it take to receive your package?

Buy from here http://www.hotsmartproduct.com/product/official-international-version-xiaomi-mi-box-3-android-6-0-tv-box-2g8g-dual-wifi-kodi-smart-tv-iptv-media-player-set-top-box/

Your cash is guaranteed
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by passendi: 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2017
Xiaomi TV box is a nice product.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Ativ: 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
passendi:

Is that what you use? It is quite pricey, I think.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by teebell90: 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
@passendi this is your website right? Well no crime but I will advise everyone to do their background check before using the link to make purchase. I wouldn't say more.

passendi:

Buy from here http://www.hotsmartproduct.com/product/official-international-version-xiaomi-mi-box-3-android-6-0-tv-box-2g8g-dual-wifi-kodi-smart-tv-iptv-media-player-set-top-box/

Your cash is guaranteed
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2017
passendi:

Yes, going by the various videos I've seen on YouTube analyzing the Xiaomi Mi box, it sure is a good product. The only thing I seem not comfortable with is the fact that it has no Ethernet port for the LAN cable. I agree one could by an additional device sporting the LAN port, why do I have to incur additional expenses for this? You know Wi-Fi isn't as reliable as the good old hard-wiring.

I'm very much satisfied with the Beelink Mini box I have at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Ativ: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2017
You have to try out an Amazon Fire TV Box. It's sleek, has wifi, Ethernet, microSD and USB ports.

What I like most about it is its remote control- Bluetooth or wifi controlled. You can point it in any direction Unlike most IR remote controls.
It has a simple uncluttered interface with dedicated media control buttons- play/pause, fast forward and rewind buttons.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Very Clean Uk Used Laptops At Whole Sales Price from 19k / FREE IMPORTATION OF TABLETS•SMARTPHONES•MED/EDU EQUIPMENTS FROM CHINA~NO CHARGES / Amazing Deals on Smartphones, Laptops & Consoles From Offerup USA!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.