Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,986 members, 7,883,413 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Man Returns Draft Of N900,000.00 Mistakenly Paid Into Bank Account To EFCC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Returns Draft Of N900,000.00 Mistakenly Paid Into Bank Account To EFCC (968 Views)

Unemployed Man Returns Wallet Filled With Money In Lagos / Man Returns N80,000 Lost By A Lady In Katsina (Photos) / Nigerian Man Returns N150 Million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Returns Draft Of N900,000.00 Mistakenly Paid Into Bank Account To EFCC by habgito: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has urged the general public to be good and patriotic citizens by reporting any money deposited mistakenly into their various accounts.

The Commission stated this when Dr. Aliyu Usman Tilde, an academician, columnist and writer returned a draft of N900, 000.00, (Nine Hundred Thousand Naira Only), to the Gombe Zonal office of the EFCC. The amount was mistakenly paid into his account.

Three months after his account officer could not trace the origin of the strange alert, Dr. Tilde reported the case to the EFCC. Investigation by the EFCC however revealed that the amount belongs to a law firm that was counsel to Federal Ministry of Justice in a case that involved a former staff of Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Investigation further revealed that the Clerk of the firm made a mistake in writing Dr. Tilde’s firm account number when submitting bank details to the client’s Ministry. Dr. Tilde raised a draft of the said amount in the name of EFCC EXHIBIT ACCOUNT and brought same to Gombe zonal office. The beneficiary firm has since been contacted.

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/02/man-returns-draft-of-n90000000.html

Re: Man Returns Draft Of N900,000.00 Mistakenly Paid Into Bank Account To EFCC by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
All these I too know people....
900000 into my account left "UNCLAIMED" after three months
BAD ME: cummando let's go partying...call all my friends. Oluwa don bless me!

GOOD ME: cummando..

Let's go partying....call all my friends...Oluwa don bless me!!!!!!
. God punish devil if I no spend am.
Re: Man Returns Draft Of N900,000.00 Mistakenly Paid Into Bank Account To EFCC by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
cool

Sometimes I wonder how an account officer could not know who made a deposit into his client account.
It's funny..

Re: Man Returns Draft Of N900,000.00 Mistakenly Paid Into Bank Account To EFCC by Aristotle96(m): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
What will EFCC now do with the money? Like who do they give it to...

(1) (Reply)

How To Get To Mushin Local Govt Secretariat From Oshodi. / flamemetstudios: feel a new flame / Obasanjo Explains Why Government Policies Fail In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.