Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,034 members, 7,931,544 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:13 AM

Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix (21927 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Down With Heart Disease, Trial Stalled / Placards From The 'I Stand With Nigeria' Protest (Photos) / Northerners Carry Placards To Support Fayose & Show Him Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by lereinter(m): 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
owobokiri:
Okorochas has never felt the need to consult locals while tying to grab any land for any project including personal ones.. The kind of litigations that will follow that man immediately after he leaves office will be earthshaking..

is it okorocha that is bringing Nig Airforce to owerri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by FirstCounsel(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
grin cheesy
OkoYiboz:

Nwanne, raise your crooked hand up.
Higher,
higher,

Now put it on your head.

Repeat after me:
My father, my father!
Every power in my mother's house using my brain to pound fufu,
Every power in my father's house using my brain to play MMM,

Die by Fire, Die by fire!!!

1 Like

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by discusant: 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
owobokiri:
Okorochas has never felt the need to consult locals while tying to grab any land for any project including personal ones.. The kind of litigations that will follow that man immediately after he leaves office will be earthshaking..

Okorocha seems to have taken oath that nothing in Imo state can be left outside Owerri.

If this Air force is allowed by Okorocha to be in Okigwe or Orlu area, there would be no problems like this.

In 2012, an Owerri man called Okorocha a clown in Douglas House. Okorocha has fully claimed the Clown title since he reduced Imo state to Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by shamecurls(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
adem30:
If this same project happens to be in the North, this same people will be crying.

No wonder Buhari always ignore their cries

You said it all
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
nonsobaba:
So okoroawusa did not see what to attract to imo state it is airforce base that brings nothing but military roadblocks and hordes of fulani almajiris who u always find near any military base. Okoroawusa is a disgrace! He should continue encouraging more of his fulani brothers to populate imo and continue their islamic expansion there.
oo

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by discusant: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
Five years, Owerri people have been begging Rochas Okorocha: "Owerri land is now saturated, go and develop Orlu and Okigwe."

But limited education, Okorocha does not understand that states in Nigeria were created and demarcated into senatorial zones and local government councils in order for state governments to provide uniform development in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by perfectgabby: 1:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Nwanne, raise your crooked hand up.
Higher,
higher,

Now put it on your head.

Repeat after me:
My father, my father!
Every power in my mother's house using my brain to pound fufu,
Every power in my father's house using my brain to play MMM,

AAMEN,
And if this powerful prayer can not deliver his insanity, oya, I command you in Jesus name proceed to YABA LEFT SIDE In Lagos.......so shall it be in Jesus name.
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by femifaith(m): 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
sar33:
Happening Now:Youths today stormed the venue of Ground Breaking Ceremony of 211 Regiment Nigeria Air Force in Owerri with various placards as they demand proper consultation.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/02/youths-besiege-venue-of-ground-breaking.html

This Is Funny... God Bless Nigeria
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by tolguy(m): 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
nonsobaba:
So okoroawusa did not see what to attract to imo state it is airforce base that brings nothing but military roadblocks and hordes of fulani almajiris who u always find near any military base. Okoroawusa is a disgrace! He should continue encouraging more of his fulani brothers to populate imo and continue their islamic expansion there.
see idiot
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by Blessed16(m): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Nwanne, raise your crooked hand up. Higher, higher,
Now put it on your head.

Repeat after me: My father, my father! Every power in my mother's house using my brain to pound fufu, Every power in my father's house using my brain to play MMM,
hahahahahahahahahahah, bros u wicked
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by tolguy(m): 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
OkoYiboz:

Now put it on your head.

Repeat after me: My father, my father! Every power in my mother's house using my brain to pound fufu, Every power in my father's house using my brain to play MMM,
grin
OkoYiboz:

Now put it on your head.

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by tolguy(m): 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

y are u ofonjas so stupid
y r u igbos so criminals??
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by akigbemaru: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
Owerri
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by discusant: 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
akigbemaru:
Owerri

Okorocha says he's building a mega city of Owerri.
He doesn't permit any meaningful development project in Imo state to be outside Owerri.
He has all his businesses and palatial homes in Owerri.

He abandoned the other towns in Imo state to decay, especially since the last four years.

If Okorocha becomes president of Nigeria, Abuja may be all that can be for Okorocha to focus on, followed by Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
No wonder. An NAF hind helo has been flying around my area since morning
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by Ruggedpen: 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
adem30:
If this same project happens to be in the North, this same people will be crying.

Who is Buhari ?
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by pazienza(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Their ancestor struck his head on the earth when he was cast out of heaven

Lol! Hahahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by Abagworo(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
owobokiri:

What do you know about this issue? Has Okorocha ever grabbed any land or you are just joining a bandwagon of lies. What the villagers protested according to their placards is ownership of the land which I believe might be jointly owned but one party was recognised by FG. Okorocha does not have anything to do with Airforce as they can never be under his control but FG. The said land equally belongs to FG and it is left for Airforce to deal with whoever they feel is aggrieved not Okorocha.
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by Pchidexy(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
sweerychick:
why not ready to understand before commenting, rochas is notorious for forcefully taking peoples land without due consideration or consultation with indigenes. If someone storms your community and allocate your land for a project without any consultation of any kind will you be happy
But all lands belongs to the govt.
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by Abagworo(m): 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
I think the event has been done and dusted.

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by Abagworo(m): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
sweerychick:
why not ready to understand before commenting, rochas is notorious for forcefully taking peoples land without due consideration or consultation with indigenes. If someone storms your community and allocate your land for a project without any consultation of any kind will you be happy

Now mention one person Okorocha has forcefully taken his land without due consultation or shut up forever. That's how they go about writing unverifiable rumours with all authority. Imo State Government just like every State Government has always had land issues especially with Owerri municipal people because of lands taken by Government over 40 years ago with natives usually demanding for adjustments to create room for their increased population.
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

y are u ofonjas so stupid

Same way you igbos are hard to please, If the project was taken to North you will start wailing and shouting why North again..
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by slap1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
adem30:

You don't think before talking. Where is the Buhari now?
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by TrumpDonald2: 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Now put it on your head.

cheesy grin guy, u no well oo lol
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ujoatu(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
CHIEF OF AIR STAFF, AIR MARSHAL SADIQUE ABUBAKAR VISITS GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA IN OWERRI

- AS GOVERNOR OKOROCHA SAYS IMO CAN NOW BOAST OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S PRESENCE UNDER PRESIDENT MOHAMMADU BUHARI

Governor Rochas Okorocha has said that in less than two years of President Mohammadu Buhari’s administration, Imo State can now boast of Federal Government’s presence, which was never the Case before now.

Governor Okorocha had made the Claim when the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar came on a courtesy call with a team of his officers, at the Government House Owerri on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, adding that President Buhari had approved the siting of an Airforce Command in the State, noting too that the gesture has given the people of the State a sense of belonging.

His words “I once cried out several times in lamentation that this part of the Country has been forgotten completely in terms of federal government’s presence. But I want to put it on record that today President Mohammadu Buhari’s administration has remembered Imo State. First, for giving us an International Cargo airport, an Airforce Command, three Command Army Schools, Police Marine University and Police Finance and Administrative College”.

He said “All these have just happened only within two years of this administration, but before now, there was no single presence of federal government in this part of the world. I thank the Air Marshal for speedily putting things in place. What is important is the military precision with which you have approached this development. Only few months ago this idea was mooted, I saw officers coming in and things being put in place. The speed is gladdening, hence we responded likewise by providing a temporary office”.

Governor Okorocha pledged the support of the State government to the speedy completion of the permanent site and also said that the Airforce base will complement the International Cargo airport as Security will be assured and the economy of the State will also be boosted.

The governor further stated “To complement the efforts of the Airforce in setting up Schools and hospitals in the State, we want to donate the 200 bed hospital along the airport road to the Nigeria airforce, and equipped with all medical equipments, to be now known as Air force Medical Centre”.

He also advised them to think of establishing a higher institution in the State because of its quietness, adding that what they should do, given the security of the area is to liaise with him to see how they could build the first Air force degree Awarding Institution in this part of the world, since Imo is the headquarter of education in Nigeria.  

In his speech earlier, Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar thanked the governor for his support to the 211 regiment group of the Nigeria Airforce that is been located in Owerri, adding that the Airforce has come to the State to add value to the Imo Society, and to ensure that the communities and people are secured.

He explained “The Unit we are placing here is a highly skilled unit, a quick response group, one of the best in the Airforce, meaning that in the event of anything, they should be able to respond to it as quickly as possible. They are highly skilled and tactical. I advise kidnappers and armed robbers to have a rethink and change their lives unless they want to meet their waterloo”.

He commended and congratulated the governor for his giant strides in the educational development of the state and the nation and for his deep sense of patriotism and concern for the society, pointing out that the Nigeria Airforce will create an enabling peaceful environment for him to sustain the growth of the State.

He also promised that they will soon move into the Airforce site in the State as it was captured in the 2017 budget, assuring too that they will equally help the host communities and other communities in health outreach services.

Sam Onwuemeodo

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ujoatu(m): 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Program done and dusted

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ujoatu(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
Program done and dusted to the shame of detractors

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ujoatu(m): 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
program done and dusted to the shame of detractors

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ujoatu(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ngor Okpala people appreciate Gov Okorocha for locating the project on their soil

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ujoatu(m): 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
To God be the glory

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by ujoatu(m): 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
trezz blog is a fake blog

Re: Ground Breaking Ceremony Of Air Force Owerri Stalled By Youths With Placards(pix by owobokiri(m): 11:53am On Mar 01, 2017
Abagworo:

What do you know about this issue? Has Okorocha ever grabbed any land or you are just joining a bandwagon of lies. What the villagers protested according to their placards is ownership of the land which I believe might be jointly owned but one party was recognised by FG. Okorocha does not have anything to do with Airforce as they can never be under his control but FG. The said land equally belongs to FG and it is left for Airforce to deal with whoever they feel is aggrieved not Okorocha.

Has he paid compensations for the lands grabbed for the new university at ogboko? Folks there are quiet cos they want development but the governor shouldn't take advantage of that... He seem to forget that in the east, due to high population density, land is a big issue.. He thinks it is the same practice as in the north where land is almost free everywhere.. What is he doing for orlu these days?All the projects are abandoned.. All we hear is Owerri this and Owerri that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Queen Imaria Worlu Is Dead (Ambassador To Sao Tome And Principe) / Court Stops El-Rufai From Licensing Pastors, Imams In Kaduna / Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.