Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,110 members, 7,916,247 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:46 PM

Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications (622 Views)

Spiritual Implications Of The Clamour For A Buhari Presidency / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by Master6(m): 11:52pm On Dec 12, 2009
What are your opinions? I personally think that aliens are a possibility. There are millions of planets in the known part of the universe. What is the probability of finding one with the same conditions that support life like on earth. This civilization would be just like earth with some slight differences. Assume that in a box, there are 100 balls, 40 are red and 60 are blue. If we are studying and we take 5 balls out, these 5 are blue, we cannot assume that all the balls in the box are blue. In that sense, we cannot arrive at the conclusion that life does not exist somewhere else because we have studied a few thousand planets out of millions. That is my first opinion.

Secondly, what if we are looking in the wrong direction, because we are all carbon-based organisms who breath in oxygen,drink water, release oxygen and rely on photosynthesis. What if the other aliens are nitrogen-based organisms, who breath in ammonia, drink benzene, release methane and rely on chemosynthesis. Some organisms might be living right under our noses without us realizing it because we are busy looking for other things.

Its implication on religion is two-sided, it is
1. Positive, meaning that God created other beings apart from us who will also be judged on the Final day.
2. Negative, meaning that the whole creation story has been ridiculed since we are supposed to be special beings created in His image and Likeness.

Don't you agree, post.
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by donjon: 12:28am On Dec 13, 2009
Intresting & thought provoking!
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by Kay17: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2009
religion is highly adaptive, they would twist their holy books to accommodate anything. they would say it was there. because everything is there. there are some Christians that admit evolution and say its in the bible!
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
The Bible did speak of fallen angels that are now referred to as spirits of the skies (lower heavens) which could mean outerspace or outer regions of the galaxy. so you see it does not ridicule creation in anyway. I for one do not believe that this complex mold of proteins and DNA that has taken 20 years to decode one strand using mega computers world-wide. was as a result of some mouldy gummy stuff mixed with algae a billion years ago.

We still have algae and i scrape them daily off the bottom my kitchen sink, sadly i have not found a specie or rat evolving under my kitchen sink grin
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by Tonyet1(m): 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
The Alien debate again. ok!

Ok lets see, during one of NASA's publications in 2002, it was believed that Aliens are creatures with skins with features like everyother animals (meaning they see, smell, walk, touch, breathe) safe for their uniqueness like a tiger's features are different from a crocodile's, howbeit they both fall in the class of animals.

Just like its typical of animals to run from humans, so i believe they (aliens) do too. while we interpret it as intellectual study/ their researches. hmmm well.

do i believe in aliens, i will rather choose to be indifferent undecided undecided undecided
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by Horus(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
The name Annu or Anu is the Cuneiform, also the Akkadian and Babylonian name for the heavenly father who to the ancient Egyptians, was a physical being with wives and children, and whose other name was An or En. The Arabs call him “El Ali” the 36th attribute, meaning “the Most High.” However, when you put these two words together “Ali + En” you get “alien.”
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by KunleOshob(m): 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
Horus:

“Ali + En” you get “alien.”
In the past you have made sensible and logical posts about the annunaki hypothesis, but when you go to the extent of making conjectures like this you begin to sound like those pastors who twist scriptures to arrive at their preconceived agendas.
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by mazaje(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
Horus:

The name Annu or Anu is the Cuneiform, also the Akkadian and Babylonian name for the heavenly father who to the ancient Egyptians, was a physical being with wives and children, and whose other name was An or En. The Arabs call him “El Ali” the 36th attribute, meaning “the Most High.” However, when you put these two words together “Ali + En” you get “alien.”

And the second award for conspiracy theory goes to?. . . .Horus. . . . grin grin
Re: Are Aliens Real? Religious Implications by mantraa: 2:11am On Dec 15, 2009
The one true God pre - dates the Alien and when you put the words "pre" and "dater" together spells "Predater

They eat Aliens for breakfast and hunt them for fun.  Maybe God is a Predator?

(1) (Reply)

Will The World Realy Come To An End? / Who Is Smart? / If You Had A Minute To Talk To God Face To Face, What Will You Tell Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.