Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,568 members, 7,968,621 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:26 AM

Studied Overseas For Better Opportunities.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Studied Overseas For Better Opportunities.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? (542 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / America’s Top 13 Ceos And The Courses They Studied In School (photos) / Are You Practicing The Course You Studied In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studied Overseas For Better Opportunities.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 10:53am On Mar 01, 2017
This is a topic that is really close to my hear and I hope it helps someone reading this post.

I have been privileged to have studied overseas and I currently have a Job overseas. However, there is this burning desire to come back to Nigeria, partly because there is no place like home as well as the fact that I would like to give back to my nation in some way.

There are however so many disturbing stories about Nigeria regarding corruption, political instability and economical dis-functionalities. Would it be selfish for me to stay overseas and continue working here or would I be letting myself and my nation down if I don't come back to my country.

I know getting a good paying Job will not be an issue, however, the living conditions in Nigeria is something I am no longer accustom to.

I am really torn and I need some advice.

cc @lalasticlala
Re: Studied Overseas For Better Opportunities.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by GrandMufti: 10:56am On Mar 01, 2017
angry stay where you are. Work from there and send money back home to support your people.

Naira no get value again!

3 Likes

Re: Studied Overseas For Better Opportunities.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
GrandMufti:
angry stay where you are. Work from there and send money back home to support your people.

Naira no get value again!

Wow, same sentiments I have been getting
Re: Studied Overseas For Better Opportunities.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by sunnywise7(m): 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Jeddy100:
This is a topic that is really close to my hear and I hope it helps someone reading this post.

I have been privileged to have studied overseas and I currently have a Job overseas. However, there is this burning desire to come back to Nigeria, partly because there is no place like home as well as the fact that I would like to give back to my nation in some way.

There are however so many disturbing stories about Nigeria regarding corruption, political instability and economical dis-functionalities. Would it be selfish for me to stay overseas and continue working here or would I be letting myself and my nation down if I don't come back to my country.

I know getting a good paying Job will not be an issue, however, the living conditions in Nigeria is something I am no longer accustom to.

I am really torn and I need some advice.

cc @lalasticlala
Well, it all depends on you. If you are completely okay in where you are right now then I would advise you to stay there but if you still feels like coming home to impact and contribute to the growth and development of your nation, then that wil be very nice too. Whichever way, stil better. It is matter of choice.
On the other way, please if you see any existing Scholarship over there that can help me in my MSc program please relate to me. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Where And How You Can Get Non-refundable Money To Start Your Business Ideas / A Businessman To Loose His Shop Following The Return Of President Buhari / Siwes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.