Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,401 members, 7,891,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 (1071 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online / Lexus Rx 350 2010 Or Toyota Venza 2010 / Lexus Rx350 Shudder Accelerating From Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 by Whynow(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
Team,
Please I am in a dilemma and need expert advise.

From a dead stop sometimes I will feel a shudder vibration sensation which smooth-ens as rpm goes up and disasppers

I have replaced all the usual suspects as regards vibration on my 2007 lexus rx350 AWD .
Drive Shaft, ball joints, lower arm bushing, Hubs

Now this is the chronology of events / changes made.
Last week
1. Initially I was having this shudder/ vibration from dead stop and even when i am cruising at higher speed. Like my steering wheel is going off.
Vibrate more pronounced when driving downhill at high speed . like the 3rd mainland to iyano woro
2. Done countless number of wheel balancing, rotated tires many times.
3. Changed the parts at various intervals and still no improvement

This week
4. This week invited mechanic to my home to have some form of visual check and diagnostics.
5. This time he decided check the shaft underneath vehicle, which he loosened and lost a very small amount of differential fluid
6. Decoupled a some what long like propeller and he wriggled the joints, said it was fine, but only fraction play which he said is not enough to cause any form of vibration.

7. Coupled back the shaft.
8. I asked him to rotate tire tires again, which he did (front to rear, and rear to front)
9. Check the transmission mount and said it was fine.

Then today i took the car to work and I still experienced the slight shudder from dead stop or accelerating from a slow traffic, but the high speed vibration has disappeared almost completely.

Now my question,

Is it possible the shaft /U joint has some plays , and became better / altered when decoupled and coupled/ tightened .
Or
Tires were rotated resolved the problem of high speed vibration, which we have done countless times.

Help, i have spent a fortune on this issue. The vibration at dead stop or coasting from slow traffic is now the challenge

Thanks
Re: Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 by mayor2013: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Check propella from front to rear. Also check suspension parts closely
Re: Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 by Whynow(m): 6:18am On Mar 02, 2017
Also the shudder feels like a buzzzzzzzzz and seems to increase when I have people in my car.
Re: Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 by AutosBay(m): 6:48am On Mar 02, 2017
Call 08181259891
Re: Shudder Vibration Sensation From Dead Stop- Lexus RX 350 by mecheal365: 9:26am On Mar 03, 2017
If you are in Lagos, kindly visit meecheal excels auto care centre for auto diagnosis as we have professionals that will perfectly work on your vehicle and give you an easy drive. pls call 08026999465 or 08068857988 you can also visit our website at www.meechealexcels.com for inquiries.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shares Photo Of FRSC Car Involved In An Accident / 11 Cities In India Are Getting All-electric 390 Buses, 370 Taxis, 720 Autos / Help! Buying My First Car This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.