Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Flashing Nightmare - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Flashing Nightmare (1120 Views)

These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Code For Flashing Your Nokia Phones (note: Not Factory Reset) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2009
my story:

I had an unknown/private number flash me for over 14months and didn't know what to do. Initially i was angry and when i picked the call i insulted the hell out of the fool for up to 15secs and the fool(flasher) would just be quiet and listened. It didn't work and after some time i started pleading to the fool that the number is hidden and that he/she should give me a number to call back and yet there was no response. I thought of changing my SIM but what if i unknowingly give this same fool my number again. Then i call customer care to help me get the number and they told me it's against customer's anonymity. And then i got tired and just let things be. You know the annoying part?, the fool flashes anytime of the day even midnight and sometimes drain my battery. I got angry and switched of my phone for like two days and the day i switched on the fool was the first to flash. I have politely asked all my contacts and non of them owned up. Till date the person still flashes. I got a software to automatically bounce unknown/private numbers. Should i implement it? What if an important call is coming through an unknown/private number. Help me out pls.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by donjon: 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2009
Use the software jor!
Maybe after that the stalker will slip & reveal himself
Re: Flashing Nightmare by omafones: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2009
buy a whistle, when he/she call again blow a long blast down the line, it will deafen the person, otherwise just leave your phone on silent and only answer calls from known numbers, looks like you've got a 'stalker'.
www.omafones.com
Re: Flashing Nightmare by iice(f): 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2009
Mutee:

What if an important call is coming through an unknown/private number.

for over 14months? Wait 3 more years cheesy
Re: Flashing Nightmare by blacwizard: 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2009
Abi,
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2009
till this morning the fool flashes my two phones consecutively.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by honsule(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2009
Mutee:

till this morning the fool flashes my two phones consecutively.

This issue is simple to solve.There are many Blacklist softwares.Blacklist that specific unknown number and just relax ur head.If any unknown genuine number call u will pick it.i hv one powerful one.i will help u search for it on my pc wink wink
Re: Flashing Nightmare by N9528GB: 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
@iice good answer, @ poster pick it could be your phone has gotten a virus called Com warrior or so, the virus controls the phone sometimes your phone make calls, send files via blue tooth etc I suggest your scan your phone for virus.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by maxjax(m): 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2009
this one aint virus man, @mutee maybe the person dey miss u wel wel, but probably dnt knw hw to xpress it(deaf 'n dumb person), lol
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Dclique(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2009
. . .Smart phones and their wahala.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by honeric01(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2009
honsule:

This issue is simple to solve.There are many Blacklist softwares.Blacklist that specific unknown number and just relax your head.If any unknown genuine number call u will pick it.i hv one powerful one.i will help u search for it on my pc wink wink

how's this possible? how can you differentiate an unknown number from another? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 8:05am On Dec 14, 2009
the same thought I had. how can you differentiate that @honorable.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 8:11am On Dec 14, 2009
@N95 let's assume a smartphone could get a virus. How about a nokia 3310?, is it possible?.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by dragnet: 8:13am On Dec 14, 2009
omafones:

buy a whistle, when he/she call again blow a long blast down the line, it will deafen the person, otherwise just leave your phone on silent and only answer calls from known numbers, looks like you've got a 'stalker'.
www.omafones.com
True !
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2009
when you get the blacklist software do let me know my honorable. I use a smartphone with winmobile OS and accepts .cab file extension.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 12:56am On Jun 25, 2012
The fool has started again.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Lexusgs430: 5:15am On Jun 25, 2012
Mutee: The fool has started again.

It seems you are really concerned, when next the call comes through, pick up the call and apologise for all your previous insults, promise to make amends and invite them for a date. It's probably an old flame that you used and dumped!!! She has probably vowed to frustrate you, and it seems like she is winning.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Excelboi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2012
Hahaha, funny story! I dnt think blacklist will be able to blacklist unknow number(s)...
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 12:04am On Jun 26, 2012
Excelboi: Hahaha, funny story! I dnt think blacklist will be able to blacklist unknow number(s)...
Actually what a blacklist does is to bounce/reject any call from private/unknown callers. Some phone antivirus karspaski and Netqin have the feature.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 12:06am On Jun 26, 2012
Lexusgs430:

It seems you are really concerned, when next the call comes through, pick up the call and apologise for all your previous insults, promise to make amends and invite them for a date. It's probably an old flame that you used and dumped!!! She has probably vowed to frustrate you, and it seems like she is winning.
I tire oh
Re: Flashing Nightmare by boyendowed(m): 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2012
Mutee: my story:

I had an unknown/private number flash me for over 14months and didn't know what to do. Initially i was angry and when i picked the call i insulted the hell out of the fool for up to 15secs and the fool(flasher) would just be quiet and listened. It didn't work and after some time i started pleading to the fool that the number is hidden and that he/she should give me a number to call back and yet there was no response. I thought of changing my SIM but what if i unknowingly give this same fool my number again. Then i call customer care to help me get the number and they told me it's against customer's anonymity. And then i got tired and just let things be. You know the annoying part?, the fool flashes anytime of the day even midnight and sometimes drain my battery. I got angry and switched of my phone for like two days and the day i switched on the fool was the first to flash. I have politely asked all my contacts and non of them owned up. Till date the person still flashes. I got a software to automatically bounce unknown/private numbers. Should i implement it? What if an important call is coming through an unknown/private number. Help me out pls.

You posted this in 2009.I guess the flashing must have stopped now?
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
boyendowed:

You posted this in 2009.I guess the flashing must have stopped now?
I wish it has stopped. The fool still flashes but am using an unknown/private call bouncer for it.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Lexusgs430: 3:11am On Jun 30, 2012
Mutee:
I wish it has stopped. The fool still flashes but am using an unknown/private call bouncer for it.

Till the day that job you applied for, visa application call, contract call etc etc etc, comes through and your bouncer bounces them too!!!!
Remember, some of this organisations call with private/unknown numbers.
Re: Flashing Nightmare by Mutee: 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Till the day that job you applied for, visa application call, contract call etc etc etc, comes through and your bouncer bounces them too!!!!
Remember, some of this organisations call with private/unknown numbers.
So wat do you suggest i do

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Blackberry / Neatly Used Nokia C5 O3 And Samsung D880 (dual Sim) 18 K And 9k Respectively / Rim(blackberry) Seriously Considering A Switch To Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.