Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,155 members, 7,939,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

Do You Believe In Angels? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Angels? (9853 Views)

God And His Angels. / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by vislabraye(m): 12:48am On Dec 15, 2009
@poster, Do you believe in God??

The existence of angels is for one purpose to serve God's children. I don't think we should delve into mysticism to ask, what is the hierarchy of angels, and so on.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mazaje(m): 12:53am On Dec 15, 2009
Tudór:

^^
You now claim the lucifer story about war in heaven is a myth but moments ago you were blabbing using the SAME story as basis for your crap theory about "proximity with summit of all thought".

Several times on this forum this guy has claimed the garden of eden did exist now he's here ranting Adam and eve were jewish myths.

You are a confused fake. Pick a religion and stick to it, stop boring us on NL with your psychobabbles.

grin grin Why is deepsight all over the place? How can you say that the garden of eden existed and claim that adam and eve were myths deepsight?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Dec 15, 2009
I believe in Angels. tongue
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mavenbox: 1:12am On Dec 15, 2009
cool When i got notified that MamaGEE had posted i braced myself for comedy grin but i was wrong. Mama gee!
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mantraa: 1:54am On Dec 15, 2009
@poster,  Do you believe in God??

The existence of angels is for one purpose to serve God's children. I don't think we should delve into mysticism to ask, what is the hierarchy of angels,  and so on.

I think it is natural and healthy to ask questions and gain knowledge about lifes big questions. To seperate facts from myths and understand where those superstitions, myths, and religions that people hold so dear and are prepared to die and kill for originated. Which God are you asking if i believe in? Is it the God of the koran, or the bible (of which there are over 33000 denominations), or one of the Hindu Gods, or the deist God, Or maybe one of the alien Gods from planet x or Nibiru or Rizq? What about our own African Gods? Do you still believe in them like our ancestors did?

If you are too afraid to ask questions about your beliefs, how will you know if you are following the right one?.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by vislabraye(m): 2:15am On Dec 15, 2009
mantraa:

I think it is natural and healthy to ask questions and gain knowledge about lifes big questions. To seperate facts from myths and understand where those superstitions, myths, and religions that people hold so dear and are prepared to die and kill for originated. Which God are you asking if i believe in? Is it the God of the koran, or the bible (of which there are over 33000 denominations), or one of the Hindu Gods, or the deist God, Or maybe one of the alien Gods from planet x or Nibiru or Rizq? What about our own African Gods? Do you still believe in them like our ancestors did?

If you are too afraid to ask questions about your beliefs, how will you know if you are following the right one?.

I believe in ONE TRUE GOD the creator of all things including the angels you are so interested in
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by bawomolo(m): 2:17am On Dec 15, 2009
vislabraye:

@poster,  Do you believe in God??

The existence of angels is for one purpose to serve God's children. I don't think we should delve into mysticism to ask, what is the hierarchy of angels,  and so on.

Believing in God doesn't mean one must believe in angels. 

vislabraye:

I believe in ONE TRUE GOD the creator of all things including the angels you are so interested in

how do you know there is only ONE god?
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by shilling(f): 2:24am On Dec 15, 2009
I believe in the Bible, it's God's word - the creator's manual, it only makes sense that I'd believe in angels.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mamagee3(f): 2:26am On Dec 15, 2009
mavenbox:

cool When i got notified that MamaGEE had posted i braced myself for comedy grin but i was wrong. Mama gee!

Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Ndipe(m): 3:48am On Dec 15, 2009
dwonder:

According to the Bible, angels are spirits, just as God himself is a Spirit. (Psalm 104:4; John 4:24)

The angelic family is large, numbering into the millions. (Revelation 5:11)

And all of them are “mighty in power.” (Psalm 103:20)

Though angels are like humans in that they have personality and are given free will, they did not begin their lives as humans.

In fact, God created angels long before mankind’s appearance—even before the creation of planet Earth. When God “founded the earth,” says the Bible, “the morning stars [angels] joyfully cried out together, and all the sons of God began shouting in applause.” (Job 38:4, 7)

Since the angels are God’s creation, they are called the sons of God.

The angel foremost in power and authority—the chief angel—is named Michael the archangel. (Jude 9)
He is none other than Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 4:16) Countless ages ago when Jehovah purposed to be a Creator, the very first of his creations was this angelic Son. (Revelation 3:14) Later, through this firstborn Son, Jehovah created all other spirit creatures. (Colossians 1:15-17)

Referring to these angelic creatures as his sons, Jehovah asked the patriarch Job: “Where did you happen to be when I founded the earth? Tell me, if you do know understanding. . . . Who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars joyfully cried out together, and all the sons of God began shouting in applause?” (Job 38:4, 6, 7) Clearly, the angels are God’s creation, and they came into existence long before humans.

Michael is an Archangel, but not Jesus Christ. That Biblical Verse that you cited as 'proof' that Michael is Jesus Christ only says "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel . . ."
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Olusan4all(m): 3:50am On Dec 15, 2009
I have an angel check it out ,

Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by DeepSight(m): 4:29am On Dec 15, 2009
Tudór:

^^
You now claim the lucifer story about war in heaven is a myth but moments ago you were blabbing using the SAME story as basis for your crap theory about "proximity with summit of all thought".

Several times on this forum this guy has claimed the garden of eden did exist now he's here ranting Adam and eve were jewish myths.

You are a confused fake. Pick a religion and stick to it, stop boring us on NL with your psychobabbles.

YEP, ITS EASY TO SEE YOU ARE SO BOXED IN THAT A MAN WHO BELIEVES IN GOD BUT REJECTS RELIGION IS UNFATHOMABLE TO YOU.

I AINT CHOOSING NUTHIN. LIVE WITH IT.

p.s: ok, the joke has gone far enough, you can remove the "f" in your profile, we all know you are a guy, not a babe!
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by DeepSight(m): 4:32am On Dec 15, 2009
mazaje:

grin grin Why is deepsight all over the place? How can you say that the garden of eden existed and claim that adam and eve were myths deepsight?

The garden of Eden, for me, is metaphorical for the spiritual home of mankind.

Adam and Eve could have been gorrillas for all i care. Original sin as described in the bible is a myth. or at best a metaphorical tale.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by bolanleodu: 7:30am On Dec 15, 2009
Laughing so hard, i can't believe there are so many confused people here. In my 100 level days as a law student i studied philosophy but i found out that the whole exercise was specifically designed for confusionist. Have you not heard that SOMETIMES IGNORANCE IS BLISS. There are somethings that should be left alone and the question posed here by some incredulous elements is just one of it.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2009
Deep Sight:

YEP, ITS EASY TO SEE YOU ARE SO BOXED IN THAT A MAN WHO BELIEVES IN GOD BUT REJECTS RELIGION IS UNFATHOMABLE TO YOU.

I AINT CHOOSING NUTHIN. LIVE WITH IT.
I laugh!

Claiming not to be affiliated with any religion but stealing ideas from the same religions then turning around to call the believers dogmatic and psychotic when you're as dogmatic and psychotic as can be.

You conviniently use this as a fail safe measure. When the silliness of your beliefs are exposed you run claiming not to be religious and just exploring the myth then come around next week with another dogmatic idea of god poached from another faith.

You only deceive yourself my guy.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Jarus(m): 9:17am On Dec 15, 2009
Olusan4all:

I have an angel check it out ,
I can see you're new on NL, that's why you're posting your father's picture on NL.
I hope you wont regret it sha
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by DeepSight(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2009
Tudór:

I laugh!

Claiming not to be affiliated with any religion but stealing ideas from the same religions then turning around to call the believers dogmatic and psychotic when you're as dogmatic and psychotic as can be.

You conviniently use this as a fail safe measure. When the silliness of your beliefs are exposed you run claiming not to be religious and just exploring the myth then come around next week with another dogmatic idea of god poached from another faith.

You only deceive yourself my guy.

Tudor remove the " f " from ya profile will you? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Its annoying me.

Now: That which is transendentally supreme remains what it is: irrespective of religion - and irrespective of what you, a tiny mere mortal, may think or believe. What you need to do is to stand in awe and appreciation at the wonder of creation.

Anything less is callous ingratitude.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by VALIDATOR: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2009
Guys,
you see, the topic says Do you believe in angels?
For those that believe, it's just a believe. Nothing more except if you can demonstrate it to us that angels are factual. So, why crucify people that refuse to believe in your BS?
Its the 21st century and mere believes don't run the show no more. We need hard facts most of the times.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by grace5: 11:25am On Dec 15, 2009
[img]http://possessthevision.files./2009/03/violence-in-heaven.jpg?w=384&h=512[/img]

Angels are minister spirit to serve those that will inherit salvation.
there are billion of them.Some praise,worship,messenger,warrior,cherubim,seraphim.
all respond to Jesus command and your prayer.

[img]http://possessthevision.files./2008/12/most-holy-place.jpg?w=512&h=384[/img]
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Tudor6(f): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
Deep Sight:

Tudor remove the " f " from ya profile will you? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Its annoying me.

Now: That which is originally female remains what it is irrespective of what you a mere motal might think or believe.
Now: That which is transendentally supreme remains what it is: irrespective of religion - and irrespective of what you, a tiny mere mortal, may think or believe. What you need to do is to stand in awe and appreciation at the wonder of creation.

Anything less is callous ingratitude.
That which is non existent can never be forced to exist irrespective of how many wraps of marijuana you smoke and how hard people try to spin the BS.

What you need do is sit back and live the short life you have to the fullest as there is no other after this.

Anything else is just a sad waste of time.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
It is quite sad to see people argue on this subject matter. What is faith in the first place? Faith is meanless if we couldnt believe in what we did not see or know everything about. God and Angels belong to the category of things we have to believe unconditionly without any daught as christians, It is not compulsory to be a christian as we all have freewill, only the end will judge. let us let it be and stop acting like thomas.(john 20:27-29)
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
It is quite sad to see people argue on this subject matter. What is faith in the first place? Faith is meanless if we couldnt believe in what we did not see or know everything about. God and Angels belong to the category of things we have to believe unconditionly without any daught as christians, It is not compulsory to be a christian as we all have freewill, only the end will judge. let us let it be and stop acting like thomas.(john 20:27-29)
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2009
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Sonofpeace(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
The bible is a reflection of those things God want us to know as humans, anything above that i wont be a party to it. The bible made mention of the word 'angel' in many books of the bible that makes it to be true because the word of God is true. Examples of angels encounter with men in the bible are; hagar was found by an angel in the wilderness (Genesis 16:7), joseph the father of Jesus was visited by an angel(matthew 1:20), Lot housed an angels (Genesis 19:1) and many more visitation by an angel to man. If you believe in God you must believe that there are Angels, if otherwise you are an Atheist and i have nothing to tell you now, may be later,
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by azazy: 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
yes, i believe in angel
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by Ndipe(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
Proof that Jesus Christ is not ArchAngel Michael

Jude 1:9 (NIV) 9But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

2 Pet 2:11 (NIV) 11yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.

Michael an angel, did the work of angels as outlined in 2 Peter, as he did not bring a slanderous accusation against the devil.

Jude does not identify the archangel Michael, as Christ.

http://www.truthorfables.com/Is_Michael_Christ.htm

Michael did not rebuke satan, but rather, said "The Lord rebuke you." If he was Christ, he would have rebuked the devil himself. Afterall, Jesus Christ in the New Testament rebuked the devil and his demons
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by jediknight(m): 12:30am On Dec 16, 2009
Tudór:

Now: That which is originally female remains what it is irrespective of what you a mere motal might think or believe.That which is non existent can never be forced to exist irrespective of how many wraps of marijuana you smoke and how hard people try to spin the BS.

What you need do is sit back and live the short life you have to the fullest as there is no other after this.

Anything else is just a sad waste of time

The marijuana part is quite funny!

but for real, it sounds like you dont believe in God/ a faith?

I wonder why? even science, reason & logic cant answer some questions in life: that's when God/Faith comes in. its all good though!
I wish u well!

Live long and prosper!<---- Cheesy grin

@post
I believe in Angels cuz I'm so sure there's someone watching my back! cheesy

P.S: I so feel u on livin life to the fullest & pls do kindly take it easy on Deep sight!

Bless!
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mamagee3(f): 2:05am On Dec 16, 2009
I even believe in Santa Claus. grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by echobee(f): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2009
u meet one today? grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by ochukoccna: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
I dont believe in angels. I believe in ALMIGHTY GOD, maker of the Heavens and the Earth. Do You? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by wirinet(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
What of Dragons? Do you believers in angels believe in fire breathing, flying serpents with wings. Because stories of Dragons are common place in the east, it is also very popular in the west (Europe), the Bible even mentions them.
Re: Do You Believe In Angels? by mantraa: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2009

Revelation 12:3
Then another sign appeared in the sky: a great red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How You Can Avoid Defiling Yourself On Valentine's Day / Man Of God Or Servant Of God? / What Are The Qualities Of Being A True Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.