Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,817 members, 7,886,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 03:25 AM

I Need Ideas On How To Sell An Idea To Different Companies Without Patenting it - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Ideas On How To Sell An Idea To Different Companies Without Patenting it (735 Views)

How To Make Money With Betting Companies Without Making Bets / How To Make Money With Betting Companies Without Making Bets / What You Need To Know About Patenting Your Product Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Ideas On How To Sell An Idea To Different Companies Without Patenting it by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello people! Happy new month
I have an idea that I want to sell to companies likes banks, telecommunication houses, media houses and so on. Trust me, this idea will fetch money, I mean billions of dollars when enacted. I've shared the idea with my most trusted allies and they highly commended the idea and cant wait to start enjoying the benefits of the idea.
But then, I was sicken by the fear of having these companies, after unveiling and working on the idea, throw me out and don't settle me accordingly all because the idea wasn't patented(protected from copyright)
Why am not considering patenting the idea is because;
*I see people suffering it everyday and a solution is needed quickly. I, sometimes, suffer it and I wish my idea is been used
*The cost for patenting is high(am guessing 50k) and the time frame to be fully patented is long(2yrs)
*Am afraid someone else might have the idea and work on it before am done processing the patenting
So my final conclusion is selling my idea to various companies without patenting it and been left out from the financial gains.
Am throwing this question here because i know i have wonderful and amazing people with great wisdom and thinking.
What do you suggest i do? Am also very open to criticism but also drop ideas for me to take into consideration
Over to the Echelons to help me out
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell An Idea To Different Companies Without Patenting it by Badgers14: 12:43am On Mar 02, 2017
If you are looking into making money from your idea better go get a lawyer and get a copyright.

Otherwise, the company's you approach will turn you away as your back is turned they implement your idea and make money.. Remember those company's could afford the best lawyers money can buy to lawyer them out of the situation.

** modified*** talk to a lawyer or the office responsible for that. I know in the U.S they have what they call provisional patent before you get the full one.

So talk to a seasoned intellectual property lawyer.

Be wise!
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell An Idea To Different Companies Without Patenting it by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 02, 2017
TsaTrinity:
I have an idea that I want to sell to companies likes banks, telecommunication houses, media houses and so on. Trust me, this idea will fetch money, I mean billions of dollars when enacted. I've shared the idea with my most trusted allies and they highly commended the idea and cant wait to start enjoying the benefits of the idea.
But then, I was sicken by the fear of having these companies, after unveiling and working on the idea, throw me out and don't settle me accordingly all because the idea wasn't patented(protected from copyright)
*I see people suffering it everyday and a solution is needed quickly. I, sometimes, suffer it and I wish my idea is been used
*The cost for patenting is high(am guessing 50k) and the time frame to be fully patented is long(2yrs)
*Am afraid someone else might have the idea and work on it before am done processing the patenting
So my final conclusion is selling my idea to various companies without patenting it and been left out from the financial gains.
Am throwing this question here because i know i have wonderful and amazing people with great wisdom and thinking.
What do you suggest i do? Am also very open to criticism but also drop ideas for me to take into consideration
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
how about i sell you an idea on how to sell ideas, ii ssure you will be to sell your idea for millions of dollars after using my idea to sell your idea 25k
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell An Idea To Different Companies Without Patenting it by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 02, 2017
colliewhite:
Paying like wild fire. Join now and thank me later.
you will soon get your sense
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Sell An Idea To Different Companies Without Patenting it by Patented: 6:17am On Mar 02, 2017
TsaTrinity:
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
When u get a Patent registered, the protection granted dates back to the day u applied for the patent. There are 3 classes of intellectual property rights in Nigeria. Copyrights, Trade marks and Designs. Dunno where ur idea wld fall without knowing the idea. Patents however apply to inventions that are new and capable of industrial application under our law. A lot more goes into this sha.

(1) (Reply)

How Does On Make Extra Income Fast? See Here / Electric Fence Taking Over In Lagos, Abuja And Portharcourt / Food Security Via Networking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.