Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,615 members, 7,911,602 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:00 PM

Earth Orbit Of The Sun - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Earth Orbit Of The Sun (806 Views)

2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) / The SUN Will Turn To Darkness Soon And The Moon Will Turn To Red Like Blood. / The Sun On The Cross: Astrononomy, Astrology And Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earth Orbit Of The Sun by redsun(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2009
How does the move as regards orbiting the sun,even when the static objects on earth remains the same,static?
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by DeepSight(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2009
duh
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by viaro: 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
redsun:

How does the move as regards orbiting the sun,even when the static objects on earth remains the same,static?

Uhm, what 'static objects' might that be?
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by redsun(m): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2009
Every thing seems to be in one place but the earth is constantly moving
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by viaro: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2009
With regards to 'everything', I don't know, honestly.

If specific examples could be given, then maybe we all could throw in our bits here and there - no one's ideas are perfect in these things.

But if we take the landmasses like continents, for example, then the theory of plate tectonics tells us that the continents actually 'move' relative to their positions over time - which is why the continents look diffeferent today than they could have looked in the past:

[img]http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/maps-data-pub/publications/geobits/graphics/pangea250masm.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/maps-data-pub/publications/geobits/graphics/pangea65masm.gif[/img]
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by redsun(m): 5:01pm On Dec 13, 2009
Everything like us,humans,buildings,etc,we don't seems to be part of the motion,or it is just the atmosphere that moves?
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by redsun(m): 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2009
I got it,everything moves as an entity,like a rolling ball.i hope i am right.
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by viaro: 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2009
^^That, in a way, is a great way to understand it - and I agree with you.
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by redsun(m): 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2009
viaro:

^^That, in a way, is a great way to understand it - and I agree with you.

Cheers man,these things are puzzling to some of us you know,and the more we fail to understand them,the more complicated things will be.

The universe is like a gigantic roller coaster.
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by mantraa: 6:47pm On Dec 13, 2009
The universe is like a gigantic roller coaster.

Enjoy the ride!  smiley smiley grin
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by aletheia(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2009
@redsun

The answer is GRAVITY. It is what keeps the earth orbiting the sun. It is also what keeps "everything" from falling off! grin
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by theseeker2: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2009
The earth is dragging us around the sun at 68,000 mph. That is some  89 times the speed of sound!.
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by VALIDATOR: 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2009
aletheia:

@redsun

The answer is GRAVITY. It is what keeps the earth orbiting the sun. It is also what keeps "everything" from falling off! grin
Well said.

@Poster,
If you need real answers on your topic turn to science and not religion. Your topic is not in the domain of religion.
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
It is just amazing how rigid we think the earth is literally but in reality,it is just a spinning ball in the infinite space of universe.What is it all about?
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by wirinet(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
Mr Redsun, it gladdens my heart that some of my people are beginning to ask questions about the true nature of the universe and our place in it. Most of my brethren are satisfied with the spiritual insight laid long ago by ancient men.

Now science says nature abhors a vacuum, but i say it abhors stasis more, nothing is stationary. Everything is moving relative to some other bodies.

The earth exhibits numerous motions. Relative to you position, the earth is stationary, because we are all exhibiting the same movements together.

Relative to the sun, the earth is exhibiting two main kinds of movements;

1. It is spinning on its axis(rotation) once every 24hrs, meaning those at the equator is traveling in a circular motion at 1,670km/hr (speed of sound is 1,236km/h)

2. It is revolving around the sun (revolution) once every 365.25 days, meaning we are traveling around the sun (while spinning) at about 108,000 km/h, which is about 10 times the speed of sound.

Then relative to our Galactic centre, the solar system including the earth is revolving around the centre of the milky way galaxy once every 200 - 250 million years at a speed of 900,000km/h, which is close to 90times the speed of sound.

Then our galaxy is moving within our Local Group of Galaxies which consists of about 30 other Galaxies at a speed of 1,080,000Km/h.

You can read up further here http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/planets/earth/Speeds.shtml
Re: Earth Orbit Of The Sun by jagunlabi(m): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
This is synonimous to asking why people don't fall off the planet into space in australia.
The orbiting of the earth around the sun does not affect various life forms on it because they move with planet earth around the sun.
redsun:

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare: The New Messiah Or What? / Davinci Code / Is It True Tb Joshua Said Pdp Will Not Produce The Next President Ie In 2011?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.