Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,686 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:26 AM

I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out (38893 Views)

Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US / Woman Gives Birth To Twins, Needs Help, Rejected By Orphanage Homes In Lagos / I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by glossy6(f): 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
Factfinder1:
angry in cases like this there are always 2 stories .... Let's hear from her kids and family members before we pass judgements... I await the other side of this story

Read the post again
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by baby124: 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
This is why people should remember to plan for old age. Do your best for your kids but also plan your comfort in old age. If you kill yourself for your kids it doesn't mean that they will do the same for you. I don't blame people who don't want kids. Having kids is a very expensive, time consuming job. And at the end this may be the result! Even in this age and time, 40yr olds are still living at home and can't afford to take care of themselves not to talk of an aging mother.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by ekems2017(f): 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
Her children have neglected her calling her a troublesome woman. Her friend or so took her in and later sent her away. Who is she going to cry for. Why she is in pains is that noboby is interested in her. If the govt comes to her rescue do you think she will feel it this much? I am so much against what her sons have done. Despite what she is. It is their duty but they have failed Because of the age and health of the woman the government is suppose to help her. There are thousand and one cases outside but we are just privilege to hear this one.
All am saying is that there should be a home for the aged. Catholic has it but it will not contend all of them. The government should give a helping hand.

engrchykae:
i read ur post and i felt pity for our eroding tradition,so u are suggesting that after raising children and they become successful,aging parents should decamp to centre for old people because the whites are doing so.this is AFRICA where FAMILY is EVERYTHING.
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by SultanYoung: 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
Guy una well at all. Didn't you hear her husband died 20years back she cater for them now time from reach for them to show her love they ignore her,they can be with her for more than 50 years before she passed but she has been with the feeding them, nursing them, clothing them and they ignore her, guy I can trade anybody for my mama sake so learn to love urs
Alitair:

True talk sha.
Maybe mama was not so motherly somewhere in the middle
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by ekems2017(f): 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
I am not blaming the government for this. Am saying they should give a helping hand to this type of persons. Remember you and I cannot in any circumstances allow her parents to go there. But for the ones that their children have neglected them due to their age and health there should be a home for the aged.

Lukay99:

Simple? Why do the average Nigerian always blame everything on the government? (Jonathan, Buhari, or even OBJ) even though this is a clear case of negligence of their duties on the part of the children yet you will find a way to blame the Nigerian government. The truth is you can only get what you paid for. A country where the people pay very little or no taxes yet they want benefits from the dividends of taxes
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
Odkosh:
always remember not to forget your brain inside potty whenever u want to talk in public. get well soon.

E pain am. Truth hurts grin
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Alitair(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
SultanYoung:
Guy una well at all. Didn't you hear her husband died 20years back she cater for them now time from reach for them to show her love they ignore her,they can be with her for more than 50 years before she passed but she has been with the feeding them, nursing them, clothing them and they ignore her, guy I can trade anybody for my mama sake so learn to love urs
I love my mother but ask the children and you may be amazed at the real story.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by bezimo(m): 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
The mom may be troublesome but not a justified reason for neglect.

The sons can organize an accommodation for their mom and keep paying the rent and pay the services of a house help to cater for their mom. She would be comfortable without having to allow her come over to their homes....

The scriptures said in Ephesians "Honour thy father and Mother that it may be well with thee, that thou mayest live long"
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by EasyMind(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Something is wrong

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by TheeDetective: 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
What a pity. A woman who should be enjoying her old age is being subjected to this kind of treatment and she has not 1 but 5 children and none wants to know about her welfare and upkeep. They're all missing a mother's blessing and I pity them.

1) The children would grow old too and if their children treat them the same way they treated their mother they should not complain.

2) The children's wives would be MIL someday too and if they are treated the same way they treated their MIL they should not complain.

Their mother stayed with someone else for a good few months and there was no complaint from the person that she was troublesome. It just shows that the children are the type who don't care and I SMH for them as what goes around, they say comes around.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by BrutusOj(m): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
Trexnemesis:

Thry say madness cannot catch many people at the same time. If there's no fire, there cannot be a smoke. A man running inside brambles and thorns, is definitely pursuing something or something is chasing him. All of the children cannot be bad at same time. Her lawyer son has spoken his side of the story; and i'm sure other children will have similar stories to tell. . The common denominator here is the mama who, most likely will be the problem. The son has said it all - settle her in old people's home since she quarrels regularly with her daughters-in-law. Better still, resettle her with her people in the village and employ a care-giver for her. Let's hope she will not scare her (caregiver ) away with her fighting. I have a father like that too. You won't know the havoc this type of old people can wreck unless you experience it. If you don't want wahala to kill you, it's better you help them from a distance.
However, if it's true she was driven out from her own place by her son (I doubt the veracity of the story), the man is accursed.

To those of you cursing the children, maybe we should pray that God should let you experience people like this in your families, for your education.
You may have a point. But, I repeat again no man or woman born by a woman can give me a reason or reasons to deny his or her MOTHER assess to him or her. God! did you read the part that says one of the son don't want the mum to know where he stays? Kai..Even if my mum goes mad today, she remains my mum and nobody can deny her assess to me. Old age is responsible for some of the attitudes displayed by that woman, all she need at her age is attention, care and sense of love. Those guys need to tolerate their mum and try as much as possible to keep her close till death do them part.Not when she dies, then they throws a big owambe in the name of a befitting burial.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by buchilino(m): 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Tokziby:
How i wish these her children knew the magnitude of abandoning one's mother regardless of the situation. cry

An 85 years old woman with 5 kids and none of them bother to know her whereabouts or how she survives. karma is a beeping b*tch, by the time things start to crumble for them, they would think its one village super eagle that is worrying them. And if she finally gave up the ghost with sadness and unforgiveness in her heart, no pastor or alfa can deliver them from the wrath of God. They will be punished in this life and hereafter.
No matter how rich u are, u can never repay ur mother in manifolds. The nine month pain, the labor hour (that is tagged between life and death), the sleepless nite of upbringing, her endless daily work to ensure her kids become somebody in future and now they became successful, they thought its better to abandon her cos she's too troublesome. I cry for this people for they dont know what the future holds for them with this heart-wrenching act. May God never let me turn my back on my mother till her last breath regardless of what becomes of her tomorrow, may God grant me the patience and wealth to take care of her till her final days. Amin

NEVA BE QUICK 2 PASS JUDGMENT. NOT DAT AM DEFENDING D CHILDREN, BUT BASED ON EXPERIENCE, SOME PARENTS MAKE D LIFE OF DER CHILDREN A LIVING HELL. I BET U IF MAMA IS BROUGHT 2 UR HOUSE, U MAY NOT WANT HER 2 STAY MORE DAN A WEEK.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by chris81964(m): 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
buchilino:

NEVA BE QUICK 2 PASS JUDGMENT. NOT DAT AM DEFENDING D CHILDREN, BASED ON EXPERIENCE, SOME PARENTS MAKE D LIFE OF DER CHILDREN A LIVING HELL. I BET U IF MAMA BROUGHT 2 UR HOUSE, U MAY NOT WANT HER 2 STAY MORE DAN A WEEK.
The woman is known as mama paper. When she earned she spent it all on her children. She paid rent and school fees for the grand kids. When she could no longer earn they abandoned her. She is bent over with old age. She comes to visit my mother and always complains of hunger. The last time she visited she suffered a seizure.
She has very wicked and ungrateful children.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by buchilino(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
chris81964:

The woman is known as mama paper. When she earned she spent it all on her children. She paid rent and school fees for the grand kids. When she could no longer earn they abandoned her. She is bent over with old age. She comes to visit my mother and always complains of hunger. The last time she visited she suffered a seizure.
She has very wicked and ungrateful children.

I DON'T NO HER BUT I FEEL WE SHOULD TAKE TIME N ASK Y ALL NOT EVEN ONE OF HER CHILDREN IS REMEMBERING HER. SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT SOMEWHERE.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by salt1: 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks for this story. I have changed my pension plans.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Tokziby: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
buchilino:

NEVA BE QUICK 2 PASS JUDGMENT. NOT DAT AM DEFENDING D CHILDREN, BASED ON EXPERIENCE, SOME PARENTS MAKE D LIFE OF DER CHILDREN A LIVING HELL. I BET U IF MAMA BROUGHT 2 UR HOUSE, U MAY NOT WANT HER 2 STAY MORE DAN A WEEK.

My dear friend, did u read the part that was said mama was kicked out and squatting with a friend?

Its a fact that mothers tend to be annoying immediately they turn 60 and getting older, this a natural cycle that everyone must understand. We start from nothing and we will return to nothing. During the stages of a baby and toddler, we tend to be the most annoying but they had no other choice but to put up with us with patience and perseverance until we attain adulthood and able to look out for ourselves. At this stage ur mama tends to grow old through menopause and post meno-pause that makes them change their thinking will be going back to a toddler thinking. They still want to control u and do so many other annoying things. As they grow older it worsens cos they are returning back to where they came from and their behavior degenerates. At this point is where they need us most cos they are transforming back to being a toddler.
God has a way of doing things, when we are young they take care of us till we are old enough to fend for ourselves and take care of them.
Hence, no matter how annoying or what they do to us, we still have to accept them cos its our God given responsibility. If they had choose to abort us or abandon us, we may not turn our to who we are today. So my friend it is completely wrong path they have taken regardless of what turns out of their mum.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by princeso2020(m): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Lunagirl:
It will shock you that children like this will be ready to fly their girlfriends to London and Dubai, but cannot provide accommodation, a caretaker, companionship and money for their mother.

Generation with heart of stone
embarassed embarassed

Well spoken, what would my mother do to me that would make me abandon her. Nothing in this whole world will make me abandon my mother. What goes round comes round.
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Lunagirl(f): 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
princeso2020:

Well spoken, what would my mother do to me that would make me abandon her. Nothing in this whole world will make me abandon my mother. What goes round comes round.

Better pickin wink
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
timy22:
Oh! All the children re boys/guys
If she has a daughter, am sure she would take care of her well.
Female child do care more for parent in old age. Pray to have one.
True talk
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by VulgarLee(m): 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
Odkosh:
what is wrong with you. what about u Igbos killing una children cos of witches.
heartbreak spotted cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by buchilino(m): 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2017
Tokziby:

My dear friend, did u read the part that was said mama was kicked out and squatting with a friend?

Its a fact that mothers tend to be annoying immediately they turn 60 and getting older, this a natural cycle that everyone must understand. We start from nothing and we will return to nothing. During the stages of a baby and toddler, we tend to be the most annoying but they had no other choice but to put up with us with patience and perseverance until we attain adulthood and able to look out for ourselves. At this stage ur mama tends to grow old through menopause and post meno-pause that makes them change their thinking will be going back to a toddler thinking. They still want to control u and do so many other annoying things. As they grow older it worsens cos they are returning back to where they came from and their behavior degenerates. At this point is where they need us most cos they are transforming back to being a toddler.
God has a way of doing things, when we are young they take care of us till we are old enough to fend for ourselves and take care of them.
Hence, no matter how annoying or what they do to us, we still have to accept them cos its our God given responsibility. If they had choose to abort us or abandon us, we may not turn our to who we are today. So my friend it is completely wrong path they have taken regardless of what turns out of their mum.

I GET UR POINT, BUT I STILL STAND DAT SOME DELIBERATELY TRY 2 MAKE D LIVES OF DER CHILDREN A LIVING HELL. I NO OF ONE DAT KEPT ABUSING HIS SON N DAUGHTER IN FRONT HIS GRAND CHILDREN. PPLE DEFENDED D PAPA, CLAIMING DAT HIS AN OLD MAN. D BABA IS LONG DEAD, BUT BECAUSE DIS CHILDREN SAW N HEARD D ABUSES N INSULTS RAINED ON DER PARENTS, DEY STARTED HAVE LITTLE OR NO REGARD TO DER PARENTS. MY POINT IS LETS NOT USE EXCUSES TO DEFEND PPLE (WATEVA DER AGE). IF OUR PARENTS DO WRONG, WE CORRECT N GOOD PARENT WILL ACCEPT SURE CORRECTIONS N NOT FEEL OFFENDED. BUT MOST FEEL LIKE DEY R ABOVE D LAW.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Maryam1234(f): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
Tokziby:
How i wish these her children knew the magnitude of abandoning one's mother regardless of the situation. cry

An 85 years old woman with 5 kids and none of them bother to know her whereabouts or how she survives. karma is a beeping b*tch, by the time things start to crumble for them, they would think its one village super eagle that is worrying them. And if she finally gave up the ghost with sadness and unforgiveness in her heart, no pastor or alfa can deliver them from the wrath of God. They will be punished in this life and hereafter.
No matter how rich u are, u can never repay ur mother in manifolds. The nine month pain, the labor hour (that is tagged between life and death), the sleepless nite of upbringing, her endless daily work to ensure her kids become somebody in future and now they became successful, they thought its better to abandon her cos she's too troublesome. I cry for this people for they dont know what the future holds for them with this heart-wrenching act. May God never let me turn my back on my mother till her last breath regardless of what becomes of her tomorrow, may God grant me the patience and wealth to take care of her till her final days. Amin
thanks so much sir /ma.You have bared it all,I believe what goes around comes around.They will be served the same food they are serving their mum by their offsprings.Nemesis is like a watchdog,it neither sleep nor does it slumber.
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by engrchykae(m): 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
i understand the solution you are proffering but you failed to see the bad precedent this solution will usher into our society,mothers'commitment and love will reduce since they know that in their old age,they end up in a center for old people and youths will go haywire knowing that the govt will definitely take care of their parents and the fabric of the family will be torn to shreds and we will become like the culture-starved europe.let me correct one impression,her friend is trying to send her away so that she wont die in her house because the wicked children might want to make case with her[quote author=ekems2017 post=54205585]Her children have neglected her calling her a troublesome woman. Her friend or so took her in and later sent her away. Who is she going to cry for. Why she is in pains is that noboby is interested in her. If the govt comes to her rescue do you think she will feel it this much? I am so much against what her sons have done. Despite what she is. It is their duty but they have failed Because of the age and health of the woman the government is suppose to help her. There ar
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
There is more to the story, I believe. No one, I repeat, no one will not want to have anything to do with their parents without a reason. Their action may be wrong but it cannot be without a cause! I've learnt in life never to judge anyone prematurely until I've heard all sides to the story.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Endtimesmith(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2017
These families looks troublesome, though.
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Organs(m): 8:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
AK6464:
Something is missing in this story.

When I read the the first part, I was like end-time Children. When I finished reading I was like endtime mother.

Nonsense, i call you and the people liking your post end time people. Most authoritative women are like that, she had 10kids and raised 5 up for about 20years on her own, you think say e dey easy. How can you have a mother and you don't know where she sleeps. Some people are just irresponsible like that with all the excuses in the world. Our wickedness is why the politicians are corrupt and the pastors and judges and all leaders are corrupt. No one wants to take responsibility.
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by Organs(m): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
sanyahkod:
Truth is, some mothers are not worth calling 'Mothers' judging by reality. It isn't natural for a mother to be neglected by 5 children. It only shows there is a story we are yet to know of. We shouldn't pass our judgment on how wicked her children are just yet. We don't even know the mystery behind the other 5 children's death.
However, I am of the opinion that whatever wrong she might have done, she should be forgiven to allow her die in peace.

Mumu spotted here oh.
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by AK6464(m): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Organs:

Nonsense, i call you and the people liking your post end time people. Most authoritative women are like that, she had 10kids and raised 5 up for about 20years on her own, you think say e dey easy. How can you have a mother and you don't know where she sleeps. Some people are just irresponsible like that with all the excuses in the world. Our wickedness is why the politicians are corrupt and the pastors and judges and all leaders are corrupt. No one wants to take responsibility.

Naivety speaking, have you asked yourself what killed the other five children? don't be too quick to conclude, that's how you know an adult

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by delpee(f): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
hoodmenconcept:
No matter what the old woman did, she is still their mother; I will always put blame on the kids. They are heartless, it's a very simple solution. if Mama is troublesome maybe because of old age, its happens because they will be behaving like a kid when they are old and they will want to be treated with all care, so it's a simple strategy. Just get a nice apartment for mama and get a nanny and you guyz should contribute a certain amount of money for mama every month.

simple

Good idea but I see that they prefer to abandon her in an old people's home. Why cant they recover the apartment MFM got for her, tell their lazy brother to get out and pay the rent henceforth for her?. There are carers who manage the elderly in their own homes. 5 of them should be able to contribute to pay for such services since they dont want her near their wives. Hope they understand the law of karma perfectly well.

It's good to be blessed with daughters really. They often care more for their parents in old age.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by purestone(f): 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
They should get her a comfortable apartment, furnish it nd put a helper there for her, then they should always come to visit even if it's once every week, that's d best than neglecting her totally, what goes around comes around, d will surely get old one day, nd there own children will also abandon them, umuojoo
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by KanwuliaExtra: 1:27am On Mar 03, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The bold will actually be a good business investment in Nigeria, l have a friend who was looking towards that direction, but the incessant security challenges in Nigeria is putting him off, he actually wanted to build old peoples home in each state of the federation starting from Abuja, employ professionals like nurses, doctors, psychologist , counselors etc to run the place like they do in the West sad

A big risk!
Security is a problem.
Pesin mama or papa go just quench for im neck o.
Where do the trained care givers come from.
Na elderly abuse be dat o.
Re: I Want To Die, 85-year-old Woman Rejected By Children Cries Out by jacoik(m): 6:38am On Mar 03, 2017
Tokziby:

as I read your quote tears drop from my eyes. The children don't really know what their are doing even if the mother is a witch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog / Sister Pours Hot Water On Brother Over Disagreement About Married Man (Graphic) / Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.