Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems (15367 Views)

Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by jona2: 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
unfaded:

is your boyfriend a drug dealer?
shocked
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Pittbaby(f): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2009
Both Nigerians and South Africans are to blame . some naija men will sell ice to eskimos if they can . South africa created the market the unscruplous Naijas are simply suppliers. Last time i was in SA i told all that challanged me with this situation that "Nigeria does not have a drug problem" They need to kill the demand and the supply will go away.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by adconline(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
I'm a South African and I've been dating a Nigerian for 6 years, let talk about reality it's true most Nigerian in SA are selling grugs. For the Nigerians fellows it sounds bad but it true.

So most South Africans are drug addicts as well sellers cos they either buy or sell to Nigerians. You still have not  answered if your boyfriend is selling drugs cos since you dont care what he does for a living so long as he  keeps the credit line open the way US treasury keeps it open for Wall Street. Show me the cash and I dont care  what u do!
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
Spinkz:

Why i'm with? cause [b]i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee him[/b]and i'm not again about what they do, i was just saying they do sell drugzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Love Ko!

Soulmate ni!

You better go and find you a Zulu man who will put you in the house as second wife and turn you into house wife and leave these Nigerian Drug dealer men alone.

HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by RSA(m): 9:15am On Dec 17, 2009
Pittbaby:

Both Nigerians and South Africans are to blame . some naija men will sell ice to eskimos if they can . South africa created the market the unscruplous Naijas are simply suppliers. Last time i was in SA i told all that challanged me with this situation that "Nigeria does not have a drug problem" They need to kill the demand and the supply will go away.

Let's say there is a market for kidnapping in Nigeria,what will you say if a gang of our South Africans criminals emmigrate to your country to take opportunities in kidnapping 'business' in your country?

backspade:

RSA, you are not making sense. You openly acknowledge that the majority of crime committed in SA is by your people, but you are more outraged at Nigerians because they are foreign? Re-read your post, and find where you contradicted yourself. Ignorance is truly bliss and low quality South African education system is to blame. I am scared for the future of SA. . . undecided

I think you're the one not making sense,Yes majority of crime in SA is committed by our people,why? because it's their country,their are a majority.But as South Africans we will always be outraged by any foreign person doing crime in our country.
People are questioning the so called xenophobic behaviour locals have against some foreigners but you forget that some of your people are involved in illegal acts,and you expect people to be welcoming to everyone?
Atleast Minister Bheki Cele is not talking about beheading this animals like Gaddafi.

After reading most of your replies I've realised that most Nigerians here on Nairaland are mentaly phucked up,you people are disgrace to humanity.I cannot understand how a decent person could defend a criminal in the name of patriotism.
Blackspade I feel for the education system in your country too.You guys need Jesus,no doubt.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by AKO1(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2009
^ ^ ^
Personally I'm not defending crime in the name of patriotism, I know most people aren't as well.

What we are saying is that Mr. Ctele should think before he opens his mouth to the press, and not make careless generalized statements about foreigners, worse still in a xenophobic climate like South Africa.

And about your comparison with 'kidnapping business', I think you are simply dancing around the issue and not confronting the demand side of the drug business. Whether its Nigerians or Bulgarians, South Africa has a drug problem, evidently. Perhaps Mr. Ctele and his enlightened colleagues should work on that also.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Horus(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2009
RSA:

But as South Africans we will always be outraged by any foreign person doing crime in our country.
People are questioning the so called xenophobic behaviour locals have against some foreigners but you forget that some of your people are involved in illegal acts,and you expect people to be welcoming to everyone?

Are you not outraged about the white peoples who own large ships and organise the transport of very large amounts of cocaine transported via maritime vessels and private aircrafts from South America to South Africa?. If not then you must be suffering from Factual blindness, because you know very well that the small drug dealer in your street corner do not own large ships or private aircrafts to carry thousand of kilograms of drug. Who own them?. And who own the land in South Africa where you find the largest cannabis plantations? If you ignore the fact that it is the whites who own the ships the private aircrafts and the land where the cannabis is growing, then you are just an hypocrite, because you blame the small drug dealer in your street but you cannot even see the white owned big boats who bring thousands of kilograms of drug right in front of your eyes. Strange isn't?.

You guys need Jesus,no doubt.

You guys need to be shoot for constantly worshiping the white Jesus on the cross and following the religion of your own white oppressor.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by RSA(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
Horus:

Are you not outraged about the white peoples who own large ships and organise the transport of very large amounts of cocaine transported via maritime vessels and private aircrafts from South America to South Africa?. If not then you must be suffering from Factual blindness, because you know very well that the small drug dealer in your street corner do not own large ships or private aircrafts to carry thousand of kilograms of drug. Who own them?. And who own the land in South Africa where you find the largest cannabis plantations? If you ignore the fact that it is the whites who own the ships the private aircrafts and the land where the cannabis is growing, then you are just an hypocrite, because you blame the small drug dealer in your street but you cannot even see the white owned big boats who bring thousands of kilograms of drug right in front of your eyes. Strange isn't?.

You guys need to be shoot for constantly worshiping the white Jesus on the cross and following the religion of your own white oppressor.

Don't you think you're little bit obssed by whites,if you worship God why keep on mentioning Satan,meaning if you're so pro black why keep on mentioning whites?Is it because you feel inferior to them?
I think you need to take a first bullet,because you not only worship the whiteman God,but also his Satan
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Horus(m): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2009
RSA:

Don't you think you're little bit obssed by whites,if you worship God why keep on mentioning Satan,meaning if you're so pro black why keep on mentioning whites?Is it because you feel inferior to them?
I think you need to take a first bullet,because you not only worship the whiteman God,but also his Satan

You ignored and avoided the first part to talk only about the religion of your white master, (Strange isn't, and OFF TOPIC). I was sure of your narrowminded reaction, you are just a silly pathetic hypocrite xenophobic. It is you who is obsessed by whites because of your inferiority complex, this is why you cannot even realise that it is white peoples who own large ships and organise the transport of very large amounts of cocaine transported via maritime vessels and private aircrafts from South America to South Africa. Hypocrite!!
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by blackspade(m): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ RSA

In your own post you said this:

I don't know if I'm making sense.

Anyways, lets not get into an argument over semantics. So while your barbaric countrymen are out raping babies, mutilating the farmers who feed your nation and getting high off everything imaginable (including antiretroviral drugs), you still want to put the spotlight on Nigerians? The only reason Nigerians are there supplying your crackhead countrymen with drugs is because there is a demand. Get rid of the junkies in your nation then you will see these drug dealers slowly disappear. It all boils down to simple economics. . .but I don't expect you to know anything about that.

If education in Nigeria is so bad then why is your government wanting Nigerian teachers?? Hmmmmmm. . . .
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Pittbaby(f): 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2009
Let's say there is a market for kidnapping in Nigeria,what will you say if a gang of our South Africans criminals emmigrate to your country to take opportunities in kidnapping 'business' in your country?

RSA ,

not sure how you differ from my view , I am simply saying problem lies on both sides buyer and seller , equally criminal actions. Although, The kidnapping is not a good example the victim in most cases is innocent . A better example will be corrupt government practices in Nigeria and SA business men exploiting those practices to the detriment of innocent Nigerians. Can you beat your chest and say none of the SA businesses in Nigeria are  taking advantage of the lack of government regulations in Nigeria. We both have our vices.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shilling(f): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2009
Is it only me who finds it hilarious that a South African is calling Nigeria bleeped up? RSA is so full of contradictions. You clearly stated that your people are mostly responsible for the crime that takes place in your country and gave a silly defence in response to your very dumb statement. Wow, the fact that some foreign nationals are involved in crime excuses the xenophobia exhibited by most black South Africans, dude you must be kiddn.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shilling(f): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2009
We completely understand, focusing on Nigerians draws attention from your country's problems, one of such being their extensive drug abuse.
RSA, you asked if you're making sense. Well, you arent. Proves my point on the low mental capacity of South African blacks. Let's not talk abt our educational system, your country's educational system relies heavily on expatriate staff and recently asked Nigeria for help in writing - that must hurt.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shilling(f): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2009
We completely understand, focusing on Nigerians draws attention from your country's problems, one of such being their extensive drug abuse.
RSA, you asked if you're making sense. Well, you arent. Proves my point on the low mental capacity of South African blacks. Let's not talk abt our educational system, your country's educational system relies heavily on expatriate staff and recently asked Nigeria for help in writing - that must hurt.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by vislabraye(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2009
shilling:

Are you listening to that frustrated South African black ? Let them continue to blame Nigerians for their problems. And I'm sure their minister of Health will now blame Nigerians for the high number of HIV infection,

[/quote] Let's say there is a market for kidnapping in Nigeria,what will you say if a gang of our South Africans criminals emmigrate to your country to take opportunities in kidnapping 'business' in your country? [quote]

If you feeling kidnapping is a lucrative business in Nigeria, come and join the crew. The Ministry Of defense will not start whining that South Africans are the cause of crime in our country. Go have a nice nap RSA. You are filled with so much suppressed anger and bitterness. After so many years of apartheid it's telling on you. Hating Nigerians won't solve the problem. Tell your people not to take hard drugs. Q.E.D
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by chi9ja(f): 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2009
as much as i agree with most of d 9ja who say SA should stop putting us in the forefront of their troubles i also want to say plsssssssssssssssss people stop firing RSA he is only stating what he believes as wrong and misguided as it might be. this sort of attack only serves to drive d rift between us Africans which all these outsiders(non-Africans) want.

anotha statement on here really had me thinking, its amazing how 9ja neva blames anybody else for their troubles, we admit we have them n try to solve it by ourselves. pat on the back there 9ja, a sure sign of maturity is accepting responsibility for your problems.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by agor1974: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2009
drug, drug everyday in south Africa, Nigerians that, Nigerians these,igbos that igbos these,economy is war,to build any economy a lot of illicit business is involve,how did the white south Africans made themself rich,is it not by dispossessing the black of their natural land is that not criminality who have challenged them,the drug issue in south Africa is between the white south Africans and the black Nigerians,the black leadership of south Africa are very much terrify to challenged their white oppressors,
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by chi9ja(f): 1:20am On Dec 19, 2009
@ agor1974

tru dat tru dat
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by vislabraye(m): 4:17am On Dec 19, 2009
agor1974:

drug, drug everyday in south Africa, Nigerians that, Nigerians these,igbos that igbos these,economy is war,to build any economy a lot of illicit business is involve,how did the white south Africans made themselves rich,is it not by dispossessing the black of their natural land is that not criminality who have challenged them,the drug issue in south Africa is between the white south Africans and the black Nigerians,the black leadership of south Africa are very much terrify to challenged their white oppressors,

Let them continue blaming Nigerians if it makes them feel better and forget their own problems. I wonder when i heard a politician blame the British for it's problem
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by jona2: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2009
Ban igbos from south Africa.end of discussion.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Horus(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
When South Africans will loose the world cup in 2010 they will certainly blame Nigerians for that.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shilling(f): 1:09am On Dec 20, 2009
Tell me abt it - the Nigerians showed up in large numbers at the stadium in their colorful clothes which distracted our boys. So you cant really blame them, blame the Nigerians - they're the cause of all our problems you know.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shilling(f): 1:10am On Dec 20, 2009
Posted twice
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by sleekp1: 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2009
Please we should stop defending the indefensible, its a sad fact Nigerians are over represented in criminal activities anywhere they reside. We should blame ourselves and not our host country.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by mamigocentral: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
It is not a secret that in any nation there are elements of the population that exhibit a larcenous bent. But this should not be used as an excuse to wash dirty linen in public, because we all do have our share. If south africa is shouting bout nigerians then what should the USA do proclaim us as their problem. No take the initiative by going after the kingpins not the small fish. It is only a narrowminded person like cele that would come up with such bullshit. As far as am concerned to remove this problem south africa has to accept that the problem lies with them and act accordingly. Do not let the west come between us as we are brothers and africans to boot.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by mamigocentral: 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2010
It is not a secret that in any nation there are elements of the population that exhibit a larcenous bent. But this should not be used as an excuse to wash dirty linen in public, because we all do have our share. If south africa is shouting bout nigerians then what should the USA do proclaim us as their problem. No take the initiative by going after the kingpins not the small fish. It is only a narrowminded person like cele that would come up with such bullshit. As far as am concerned to remove this problem south africa has to accept that the problem lies with them and act accordingly. Do not let the west come between us as we are brothers and africans to boot.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by mamigocentral: 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2010
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by HeroE1: 5:20pm On May 28, 2010
Well in this matter it is very bad of him to say this because crime is everywhere all i can say to him is that if anybody commited a crime he should deal with that person according to there law, as of him mentioning nigerians is not right.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shotuns: 5:41am On Jun 30, 2010
I am not surprised and I will never be, this has been going on for long and our government is so weak and useless, It happens here in China

everyday too, many Nigerians were caught smuggling, trafficking,dealing in drugs. mostly IGBO guys just few YORUBAS were among, some have

been executed, some still underground serving their jail terms. Nigerians are known to be hooligans ,trouble makers, beating people

unnecessarily,cheating people,frauding,scamming, doing illegal business , they don't even care who is watching ,same thing happened in

Guangzhou 2009 when Nigerians(first foreign nationals to ever riot heavily in China in that respect) rioted because of an asault on an IGBO guy

who jumped from 3 storey building to beat immigration. This happens everyday We that are legal are finding it so difficult to convince the chinese

people that not all Nigerians are bad.

On mentioning you are a Nigerian, everyone runs away from you. see this latest report though the report was very careful to mention particular

country but we all know which countries are into these dirty businesses

Jun 29, 2010 eChinacities.com
The Beijing High People's Court recently published a report on drug-related crimes from 2007 to 2009. The report revealed that nightclubs and entertainment centers were drug dealers’ favorite places to do business for. During that time, Beijing courts presided over 3,753 cases drug-related cases, and prosecuted a total of 4,635 people. The statistics in the report also showed that foreign offenders involved in drug trafficking crimes are also on the rise in the city. In most processed cases, the amount of drugs seized is over 1 kg. The largest case of drug trafficking involved the transport of 8 kg of methamphetamine. The majority of drugs smuggled into the country were either heroin or methamphetamine.
Cases involving foreigners in smuggling the drugs to China showed that these are global and organized operations. Drug kingpins control the business but are rarely involved with transport and dealing of the drugs themselves. They use the lure of great profits to find mules outside of their organization. The drug mules are usually those from developing countries in Africa and Central Asia, and are poorly educated. The percentage of foreign offenders prosecuted for drug trafficking that were women rose from 9% to 30% during the two year period. The smuggled drugs are sold in nightclubs and entertainment centers popular with expat communities, providing a consistent customer base that fuels the illegal trade
[b][/b].

See the attached picture from a chinese website,

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shotuns: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2010
http://www.theloop21.com/news/do-the-chinese-have-problem-with-blacks,

This is a link to an interview ,

[b]Stanley Rosen
Political science professor, director of the East Asian Studies Center
University of Southern California

BG: Do you think Americans traveling to China will have problems with discrimination?

Rosen: I don’t think that they’ll be discriminated against because they’re from the U.S. The Chinese government has spent a lot of time trying to educate people in China, and Beijing particularly because of the Olympics, to be courteous and civil. And I think that’s what most people will certainly be.

What about Africans or African-Americans specifically?

I’ve read that they have been a target for discrimination in Beijing because a lot of the drug dealers there are from Nigeria. In certain districts, for example, the Salitun district in Beijing is one of the major nightlife areas for foreigners. In that district, a number of bar owners have said that police have come by and made them sign something agreeing not to allow blacks into the bars during the Olympics. It relates to the Nigerian drug dealers, (and) not just Nigerians but Mongolian women [/b]because the Chinese think that a lot of prostitutes come from Mongolia. They’re trying to target specific groups that they think will give China a bad name. They can’t target everybody, so they go after specific groups. Now, of course, the Chinese government is denying that they’re doing that, but it’s certainly the case that there have been a lot of hassles for Africans. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by james1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2010
@Mpele.there are bad,bad guys everywhere.okay.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Sergeanti: 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
Generalisation? How so? go and check interpol and search Nigerian drug dealers. perhaps not all nigerians are drug dealers, and not all drug dealers are nigerian, BUT, the nigerian drug networks are the biggest internationally: they have been since slave trade days/smuggling days . Nigerians are bought into SA illegally to assist with building these smuggling drug running networks, they are very expansive. in our area where i work, the majority of nigerians in a twenty block / 2km radius are involved with, running or benefitting from drug dealing. So, when i stop someone to search and they are nigerian i will check their passport and so called " refugee status papers" more carefully, and i will check them for drugs. so, although the chief of police in SA could have been more diplomatic, we do have a serious problem in SA with Nigeria Drug dealers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Israel-Hamas War: UK Begins Evacuation Of Citizens / Younger Brother Of Michael Adebolajo 'was Paid Thousands To Spy In Middle East' / Magnitude 7.1 Earthquake Hits Mexico, Tsunami Advisory Issued (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.