Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,007 members, 7,939,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo (560 Views)

IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" / I Didn’t Know My Ministers, Top Government Officials -buhari / I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by CEO1(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday admitted he did not know his true age.
He said his late mother merely told him she gave birth to him on a market day.

Mr. Obasanjo said this on Thursday at the 2017 International Youth Variety Day and Public Presentation of Olusegun Obasanjo’s Books for Children, as part of programmes for his 80th birthday.

The programme, organised by the Centre for Human Security, with the theme “Presidential Libraries Will Reduce Leadership Deficit in Africa”, held at theater hall of the Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta.

Mr. Obasanjo said while growing up, he had the challenge of knowing his real date of birth, because his parents were illiterates.

“At early stage in my life, I had the challenge of knowing my date of birth, and my peers always asked, while in return I persisted in asking my mother, who was an illiterate and had no records,” he said.

The former president added that when he continued to pressure his mother, the information he was given by his was that she gave birth to him on an Ifo village market day.

“When I continued to put pressure on my mother, she told me that she was preparing to go to market on the said day, and went into labour, and before others could return from the market, she had given birth to me,” Mr. Obasanjo said.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/225072-i-dont-know-true-age-obasanjo.html
cc: Lalasticlala , Mynd44

Re: I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by FastShipping: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
grin grin
Re: I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by edoboy33(m): 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
and u are celebrating birthday baba stop disgracing APC now
Re: I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2017

Then actually you need serious flogging angry undecided .

Re: I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
So you have been using football age all along
Re: I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by tchimatic(m): 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
And someone used a football age to become a president claiming to be a saint. Nigerian youths are soo daft.
Re: I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by queencalipso(f): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
No date, month nor yr. so baba have been celebrating an assumed birth date all these yrs.

Later they will be saying nigerian youths are falsifying their age undecided

Happy birthday baba
Re: I Don’t Know My True Age – Obasanjo by JideAmuGiaka: 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
I now agree with the doctors that said that Buhari is above 80yrs. You forged your age to join the military. Chai.

(1) (Reply)

You Are Dying In 6 Months Time, Pastor Tells Ghanaian President / We Cannot Be Chasing Rats When Our House Is Burning, Says Ekweremadu On PDP / Dino Lawyers In His Case Against Sahara Reporter...may Withdraw From The Case?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.