Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,308 members, 7,884,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action (5414 Views)

Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / The 25 Consolidated Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by greateliso(m): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
winning the case is not ganna be easy task
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by mamagee3(f): 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2009
Isn't it time for these fraudsters to get caught? angry
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by danexd(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2009
greateliso:

winning the case is not ganna be easy task
Winning is not the point,**the point is that an attempt was made******the truth is that the customers are also to be blamed for giving out their pin, mostly in the hope of winning a fake lottery they never entered for, my take is that its also going to make the bank to sit up, they are not scared cows.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by connkg(m): 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
Hmmm,

From Banks to MTN/ Glo, for text messages that cost =N=15 when "Sent" (Unsent) and charged, disrupted calls; to NIPOST for stamped letters that are undelivered and untraceable, to the Nigeria Police {Force} for unlawful and unconstitutional activities.
Maybe, just maybe, we will be able to overturn local and presidential elections by massive class action.
Do the plaintiffs have a website? Can anyone help?
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by Digriz(m): 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2009
I used mine once last year and stopped because of ths ATM fraud. I dnt feel it cos i cn work in and wtdraw frm my acct at anytime wt ease cos i operate wt savings acct and my banker branches is everywhere.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by emmablow11(m): 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2009
Guys, please for the safety of your hard earned money, RUN RUN RUN FROM ATM IN NIGERIA,

The last time i was in Nigeria, i went ro redraw some money and the guy at the bank tried as much as he could to encourage me to get an ATM card,i rejected saying i have seen victims of ATM fraud and swore never to allow that happen to me, instead i'll get up early,queue and afford to loose lil change on redraw charges if made in person.

I believe bank workers have a question to answer on this ATM fraud,
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by violent(m): 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
That's the kind of thing i admire. Very soon i wll drag them to court myself. When 50persons in this country sues them in different courts, let me know why they won't buckle up. Upon the poverty rate in this country,we are still loosing money under their custody.How can they convince us they are not the ones behind these acts. I am angry. serious!

bless ur heart!
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by manny4life(m): 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
mama-gee:

Isn't it time for these fraudsters to get caught? angry

Nah its not time because Nigerian banks are not willing to invest tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars Cyber encryption banking and security platforms like Bank of America and their cohorts do. If they did, then it would be difficult in the first place to have access and even if they did, they would be able to trace it afterwards.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by Pharoh: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
manny4life:

Nah its not time because Nigerian banks are not willing to invest tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars Cyber encryption banking and security platforms like Bank of America and their cohorts do. If they did, then it would be difficult in the first place to have access and even if they did, they would be able to trace it afterwards.

They won't do that since they like putting the cart before the horse and always wanting to reap without sowing. sad
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by Blueray: 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2009
Though the ATM is a form of stress reliever expecially in this clime where everybody is a lord at his or post.  It has reduced the need to physically visit the bank with the attendant risk of armed robbers calling for their dol while you are there.  I have not apply for ATM from my bank, what surprised me though is that I recently noticed the bank debiting me 100 naira monthly for ATM charges.  Maybe I should sue them for corporate fraud,  I believe this whole thing about dublicate card is all part of a systematic way of defrauding unsuspecting members of the public and believe me the 'Governor' know this  embarassed.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by gidson12(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
yea as a matter of fact, some of these bank staffs do conive with these
fraudstars to perpetrate this crime, yes
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by vislabraye(m): 12:25am On Dec 15, 2009
The knowledge and skill in IT is increasing every day in Nigeria, the banks should dim it fit to upgrade their security of their network.

I know a friend who has refrained from using ATM cards. And i have noticed many of these ATM do not have functioning printers so it's difficult to keep track of the transaction
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by Jiggest(m): 1:00am On Dec 15, 2009
After being a victim on the 30th of November (i lost 50k) i decided the best way to go is to do without the ATM card and join others in the banking hall. It is stressful but i rather do that and have peace that my money is safe. I heard the new verve cards are safer but how long before the ingenious individuals find a way of cloning these as well. So Naija the choice is ours to make, its either we live with the ATM card or we discard and go back to the very beginning. Maybe when banks start seeing queues and no more 100 naira coming they would think of a solution. smiley
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by thejonny09(m): 1:50am On Dec 15, 2009
At last Nigerians are begging to sue service providers it’s a welcome development. I am waiting for the time when we will start suing people like MTN and its friends, PHCN and all these government agencies that are just answering regulators by name.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by whatalife: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2009
i have stopped using the atm card since over a year now.I was travelling out of lagos after business transaction just to pick about 4k for my transport fare back to my base, the machine swallow my card and refuse to dispense cash,for over 2hours i could not leave the bank premises around computer village(uba bank)
I have not lost a penny but just stop using it ever since.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 15, 2009
Am just waiting to receive that fraudulent text they send on mtn network.

if i ever receive that text on my phone, i will be a multimillionaire cause i will sue mtn to highest heaven for allowing somebody to send a fraudulent text message through there network on specialized number (MTN NG).

Some people i know have lost monies in their account after sending their account details as directed on the website.

Nigerians its time we stop allowing our selves to be treated like fools by this companies.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by jenago4you: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2009
This these accused are talking about is nothing but the truth.These banks deerves to pay for a number of unaired problems they've inflicted on customers
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by bolanleodu: 8:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
Good to hear but i dont see much coming out of the suit, they've only ended up making some counsel millions of naira rich, which by the way is a good thing. From the above post i dont think they have a case because they seem to lack locus standi since they are suing for Nigerian's and not in a private capacity forgetting that each affected customer has personal fiduciary relation with the banks, I see their action simply failing.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by charm564(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2009
hi tboy, ya my sake. well, what about sony E K750i? can it be use for free browsing with my zain or mtn line with my laptop, which is toshiba? REGARDS, Tunde.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by unclesamtech(m): 12:16am On Dec 16, 2009
I think the move will caution all the Banks
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by mobere(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
THERE SECRET IS REAVEALED!

These scarmmers are very ruthless they can withdraw all the money in your account,they don't care.
the funny thing is that it might be you you .So you have to take a bold step NOW.Well i thank God i now know there tricks.I you whant to know there tricks like me.send a blank email to info4rmgn_to_u@yahoo.com for more infor on how to get them!
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by babslepe: 1:41am On Dec 18, 2009
I just think customer service in nigeria is very poor and the banks invovled should be made to pay this people back their money cause if i get a debit alert on my cell phone by 11pm at night and this debit is not authorised by me i am not even sure what particular phone line i should call for any bank that could deactivate my atm card even if i have a phone number to call i am sure they will not be there by 11pm or something the customer care line for banks should be 24hrs and the same goes out to internet service providers that that get paid for their serivces and you never get to enjoy their services
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by babslepe: 1:44am On Dec 18, 2009
I just think customer service in nigeria is very poor and the banks invovled should be made to pay this people back their money cause if i get a debit alert on my cell phone by 11pm at night and this debit is not authorised by me  i am not even sure what particular phone line i should call for any bank that could deactivate my atm card even if i have a phone number to call i am sure they will not be there by 11pm  or something the customer care line for banks should be 24hrs and the same goes out to internet service providers that that get paid for their serivces and you never get to enjoy their services
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by Emotivator(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
babslepe:

I just think customer service in nigeria is very poor and the banks invovled should be made to pay this people back their money cause if i get a debit alert on my cell phone by 11pm at night and this debit is not authorised by me i am not even sure what particular phone line i should call for any bank that could deactivate my atm card even if i have a phone number to call i am sure they will not be there by 11pm or something the customer care line for banks should be 24hrs and the same goes out to internet service providers that that get paid for their serivces and you never get to enjoy their services

these are the kind of issues that SANUSI should address and not going after those doing their business with Cheque. He claimed that the move towards not entertaining to any cheque above N10M will encourage online transaction when ordinary ATM cannot be secured and abnormal issues in the customer care sectors cannot be addressed. How can a debit alert be sent to a person's mobile phone by 11pm. This obviously shows that insiders have hands in the whole thing.

What a shame!!!
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by kaypumpin2(m): 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2009
Never really paid attention to this malady until 2 days ago,i was in my room and was woken up with text tones on my phone.The texts came in 3 installments so i was forced to check them immediately.They were messages conveying the withdrawal of 100,000 from my account.I went to check my car to see if my debit card was still there and lo and behold it was.

This FRAUD is real and something must be done to curb it.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by xsey: 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2010
You are warned, as of now no one is safe using the ATM , whether verve or no verse, or magnetic card,
My advice is to queue at the bank or better still always put the money you can afford to lose on your ATM Card,
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by blacksta(m): 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2010
The question is how come this technology works seamlessly overseas and it is a problem in Nigeria
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by biina: 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2010
While I doubt the affected people will get justice in the courts, the move is still quite welcome, and hopefully will pressurize the banks to tighten up on security.
Even in the developed countries, there are limits to the responsibility of the banks. They cannot be held responsible for the customers carelessness. But I seriously doubt Nigerian banks are trying to do more than cover their own behinds and maximize their profits.
Re: ATM Fraud Victims Sue CBN, 24 Banks In Class Action by beejaay: 12:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
biina:

While I doubt the affected people will get justice in the courts, the move is still quite welcome, and hopefully will pressurize the banks to tighten up on security.
Even in the developed countries, there are limits to the responsibility of the banks. They cannot be held responsible for the customers carelessness. But I seriously doubt Nigerian banks are trying to do more than cover their own behinds and maximize their profits.
[/quote
Then what will u guys say on my own case.a sum of approx 900,000 was removed from my account with the use of my cheque without knowing. I was at home that faithful day when i received a call asking whether i authorized a withdrawal of about 450,000 which i instantly decline telling them that the guy is a scam and shdnt be allowed to go.they immediately cut the call on hearing me saying that.i called back and wasted about 800naira recharge card talking to them, it was then i realise that there has been two succesive withdrawal already.after all my calls they still allow the guy to go claiming that they dont know hw the guy disappear.imagine that?i have been on this case since september and uptill now no show despite that the signature on the cheques didnt tallied to my own.i employed the service of an anthony who collected 50k from me and now asking for 250k for proper filling but this i dont av.pls house what shd i do as im seriously broke and at the same time lost my job. Rabiusanusi01@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Payoneer To Naira / How much does Bitumen cost per tonne? / List OF 40 Profitable Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria You Can Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.