Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,111 members, 7,880,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

From Fabric Selling To Blogging: The Story Of Olorisupergal (oluwatosin Ajibade) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / From Fabric Selling To Blogging: The Story Of Olorisupergal (oluwatosin Ajibade) (520 Views)

Nairaland Blogging: The ideal way to millions in 2020 / Are You New Or Old To Blogging? See How To Become A 6 Figure Blogger The Basics! / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Fabric Selling To Blogging: The Story Of Olorisupergal (oluwatosin Ajibade) by Beabeth(f): 2:01am On Mar 04, 2017
I didn’t make my first million in my first year of blogging. Heck, not even for the next two years. When people ask me, ‘why blogging?’ and I say, ‘because blogging chose me,’ they think I’m trying to sound poetic.

See, I have tried doing different things for money in this life. When my accounting journey ended in school, what I became was a certified hustler. I didn’t quite get the theories but I got the maths; I knew first hand that you profit when you meet a demand. So I would go to Abeokuta to trade with the locals and bring fabric to sell to my Lagos folks. Church was my shop. I would attend multiple services just so I could go round with my adire and sweet talk ladies into buying. That way, I multiplied my pocket money over and over. Soon I was tired of the numerous road trips and I thought up another venture.

Costume jewellery was becoming fashionable again. I decided to teach myself the art of bead making. I would experiment with different colours and styles and then model it myself by wearing them to school. Trust students to ask, ‘where did you buy this. How much is it?’ Of course, I started receiving orders.

Some people see me today and think I was ‘lucky’ and everything came easy for me.
Can you believe I even auditioned for Project Fame in 2010? I went through the same obstacles every young person goes through. I did not find it easy at all and kept trying all sorts of trade just to stay afloat and to stop burdening my parents. After numerous try and fails, a media apprenticeship in 2008 paid off when it landed me in the digital space. I learnt marketing and media on the job and these lessons formed my foundation for blogging.

My hustle started from nothing and then I created something out of it. My tenacious never-say-never spirit has certainly paid off. I am more comfortable than I dreamt my adire business would make me. But even now, the hustle still continues. The reward for hustle is more hustle.

http://www.xobeabeth.com/2017/03/from-fabric-selling-to-blogging-story.html

Re: From Fabric Selling To Blogging: The Story Of Olorisupergal (oluwatosin Ajibade) by CosmicJames(m): 10:30am On Mar 04, 2017
AllforJesus7:
Cosmicjames
As an update I have requested to join your facebook group so that I can pay the discounted 2500.
Kindly approve and let me know how to contact you.
Sorry for not posting on your thread. I think the spambot banned me from the thread.
thanks.
Send me a private message on facebook or whatsapp me for faster response >>0703 674 1556.
Please note, the 2.5k was a promo that ended on 1/3/2017.
It's now 4k for the general public and 3k for members of my facebook group.

(1) (Reply)

Career Opportunity At British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) / BREAKING: For Cutting Hair Of Female Personnels, FRSC Recalls Sector Commander / See The Execution Of Doctor Ishola, Notorious Nigerian Robber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.