Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,839 members, 7,906,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad (15343 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by davidif: 5:52am On Nov 06, 2009
Priceless!!!! ha ha ha ha grin grin grin oga poster you too much jare.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by ayomidej(f): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
Nice post, I agree with some. grin
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Guylan(m): 5:17am On Nov 09, 2009
@poster

Sorry, you must have had a terrible experience with your wrongly chosen Naija wife
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by kenuoyibo(m): 6:26am On Nov 09, 2009
@ poster,
its a very good advice. i think am gonna take a queue from that. we need more people like you on this site, so that naija niggaz wont screw up when it comes to marriage. that's the best advice post i have seen on nairaland in the past one month.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Sissy3(f): 1:34am On Nov 10, 2009
although funny some of his points are true and some are downright pathetic
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by wale4x35(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2010
May God Almighty continue to enrich your wisdom for this post  smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by JesusloveU: 10:56am On Sep 29, 2010
Nice post.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by omobadan(m): 12:33am On Sep 30, 2010
I know some people have had bad experiences with their relationships in the past. But the OP's guide is rather over the top. I understand some people have been shortchanged by some girls in Naija but the same can be said about Naija guys abroad doing the same to girls in Nigeria. All these 'abroad this' 'abroad that' is so tacky. Of course, we know people in Naija wanna go abroad but we shouldn't always think it's the bane of their existence. When guys want to marry in Naija, I think it's best to invest in going to Naija regularly when you've met the girl you like. There's no point planning to marry someone you only get to see once in 3 years. The OP and his 'jazz' obsession isn't making him look intelligent at all. Girls in Naija aren't zombies, they enjoy their lives and do what everyone in the world is enjoying - internet! To all that agreed with him, I guess you've had some experiences that have made you support the OP. But remember life is filled with good and bad.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by wale4x35(m): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2010
@Omobadan

A friend of mine brought over his wife whom he constantly visited during their courtship to SA. I personally advised him against doing so but he turned deaf ears.

After six months, this ibadan woman changed completely; now she knows what is called "woman's" rights etc etc.

What i hate most is daily curse - Olori buruku etc etc etc etc.

Its been a long time that I personally hear things like that.

So whats my point?
1.   Never bring her over - that is the beginning to the end.
2.   Visit her regularly - Naija girls are not Zombies anymore  grin grin grin.
3.   Hammer her with minimum of 2 kids in order to keep her busy.
4.   East or West, home is the best.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Allibaby78: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2011
In my experience, many of those running home to marry also have issues, many Naija guys abroad don't have decent jobs , they just want to dangle the living abroad carrot , I have many female doctor friends who had suitors with very crappy jobs in the US, dem wan marry doctor and nurse from home to come to make money for them shocked. Some friends in the UK have been trapped into becoming illegal immigrants by their fiances
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
I LIKE THE POSTER HE TALK FROM EXPERIENCE MOST NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE INTO INTERNET SEARCHING FOR MEN SLEEPING AROUND

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic / Is This Extortion By The Nigeria Post Office? / Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.