Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,823 members, 7,942,082 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:35 PM

Why Ibrahimovic Missed Penalty Against Bournemouth - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Ibrahimovic Missed Penalty Against Bournemouth (697 Views)

Messi Missed Penalty Because He Cancelled Israel Game – Israel Defense Minister / Watch Arturo Vidal’s Reaction To Ronaldo’s Winning Penalty Against Juventus / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Ibrahimovic Missed Penalty Against Bournemouth by Charidon: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, has claimed that his players have stopped practising penalties, which is possibly the reason why Zlatan Ibrahimovic failed to score from 12 yards against Bournemouth.

Marcos Rojo’s opener had been cancelled by Josh King’s penalty, when United were awarded a spot-kick, after referee Kevin Friend spotted handball in the box.

Ibrahimovic’s effort was pushed away by Artur Boruc, with Anthony Martial blasting the rebound over the bar.

Speaking after the game, Mourinho told BBC: “For four months we have not had a penalty, so we didn’t train penalties. Day we have penalties the guys are not ready.”

On why they were unable to win the game, he said: “It’s more of the same. I can’t explain. The quality of our game, the dimension of our chances is a 1st half to finish 3 or 4-0

“Once more I don’t have to ask you who was the man of the match because I already can imagine.

“We are not dead for top four. The reality is we are losing too many points at home.”
Source: https://www.igodotv.com/2017/03/04/why-ibrahimovic-missed-penalty-against-bournemouth/

(1) (Reply)

Didier Drogba Shared His Thoughts On Romelu Lukaku / Breaking News: Nathan Ake To Stand In For Sick Gary Cahill / What Is Your Expectation In Today's Champions League Final Between Real Madrid V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.