Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (365330 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by rachealfst(f): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Interesting story, i love the story line, though i came late. Nice one OP. More grace and inspiration. Well done and God bless.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 25, 2017
Chai Adaobi! Na so you wan pour sand for Amaka garri abi? Ok Kwotinu...
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Joettti: 5:48am On Mar 25, 2017
Please just feed us more we need more!!! Nice write up !!! More sense to ya brain and more ink to your pen + abundant grace to do even and even more infact TIRI GBOSA FOR YOU

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Kingso23: 6:47am On Mar 25, 2017
I'm sure the wicked uncle in the village is doing collabo with the village witch doctors now
using your gifts as a point of contact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Harkyn92(m): 11:00am On Mar 25, 2017
[b][/b]
Kingso23:
I'm sure the wicked uncle in the village is doing collabo with the village witch doctors now

that's just it, that's people for you.
Kingso23:

Kingso23:

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Lankyannie(f): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2017
felixawe:

same here ooo but Almighty God who win battle will save she and her mother
AMEEEEEEN OOOOOO.Ayam so happi to find a powerful prayer warrior like mecheesy.prayer mate,how iz u
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Lankyannie(f): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2017
marianneada:
U go fear prayer
Hmmmm.u nva chichontin,ayam a well respected and powerful prayer warrior in ma church.if u think ayam bragging goan ask felixawe he will confirm.u are rili a talented writer.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
Lankyannie:
Hmmmm.u nva chichontin,ayam a well respected and powerful prayer warrior in ma church.if u think ayam bragging goan ask felixawe he will confirm.u are rili a talented writer.

Lol i hear u prayer warrior indeed which church
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Lankyannie(f): 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
Chizim1:

Lol i hear u prayer warrior indeed which church
So u are one of the thomas in dah house okwayawill tell you the name on one condition(that you repent and kum to my church for special deliverance from me)cheesy
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
CHAPTER 10

.............. "Mummy pls forgive.... Me.., Mummy i'm sorry, mummy pls save me...,"i was talking while sleeping

" Nurse,.... Nurse,..... Pls call the doctor, she's talking again, "i heard a male voice saying

I could hear voices, but had no strength to get up, my bones were weak, i tried opening my eyes but i couldnt.

I heard footsteps in the room and i could hear sobs,

" Doctor pls save my fiancee, if anything happens to her, i'll kill myself, what will i tell her mother in the village,pls help me doctor," a familiar male voice spoke

"You all need to be calm,........ The docotr checked my body..... i've given her the necessary medications she needed, but she's not responding to treatment,......... From my observations and tests, i think she's been stressed emotionally,............. Pls where's her mother?" the doctor asked

"eemmmm....... Doctor i'm sorry, her mother is in the village, if she's urgently needed i'll travel down to the village and bring her here."

The familiar voice spoke........ Hope it's Mummy Amanda you're talking about?,...... Since three days you brought her here, she's been mentioning that particular name........ I think she's so close to her mother.... Pls, we need her here right away,....... We're loosing her slowly........ The doctor paused, then continued, After today, and there's no sign of improvement, i'll transfer her to a psychiatric home..... "the doctor informed them

" What!, psychiatric what?, you cant do that to my love, you better get ready to transfer me there too, "the same male voice spoke

" Get going now, and stop being stubborn, i have other patients to attend to"

I heard the door open, everywhere was quiet again, i fell into a deep sleep again, i didn't hear voices for some days.

..... ********I woke some days later to see mummy Amanda standing beside me, i couldn't believe my eyes, Chy was sitting down on the chair in the room

"Mummy....." , i called out slowly,

She turned and saw me, then ran to my bed

" My baby i'm so sorry,.... i'm sorry for everything," she pecked and hugged me

"Amy, pls don't be sick anymore,you scared us all" Chy said amidst tears

The door opened, the doctor, daddy and Nelson walked into the room, Nelson ran and hugged me tight

"Baby, i thought i would loose you," he told me

"Doctor pls do what you can to save her, even if it means taking her outside the country,i don't want anything to happen to her." Daddy told the doctor

"Thank God, she's finally awake, let's watch her for some days before we can then decide on what next to do,"

"Nelson, i need to get going, i'll drop Chy and your mummy at home to help prepare something for her to eat, remember she hasn't eaten for days,..... You can stay with her while we leave," daddy told Nelson

"thanks so much daddy, thank you mummy," i managed to say

"pls dont stress yourself talking too much, you need to rest, "mummy told me

I still can't believe that mummy was actually the person talking to me, she was so rude to me few days ago, and today she's nice, hmmmmm.

They left and i laid down to rest,........ I opened my eyes and Nelson was still sitting down looking at me,...... I smiled at him but he didnt smile, rather i noticed drop of tears from his eyes

"Baby, are you crying because of me?, you're breaking my heart with your tears, pls stop"

"i'm not crying,i'm responsible for what happened to you, i was too occupied with my work that i didnt notice how emotionally down you were, i failed to see your pains,...... I cant imagine what you' ve been through," he was shedding tears

I don't know if Chy told him anything about mummy and i, i don't want mother and son to quarell because of me.

"If you dont stop crying and blaming yourself then i have no other option than to close my eyes forever,"

"Dont joke with such words," he said wiping away his tears

Mummy and Chy later brought my food and i ate it hurriedly, i was so happy to see mummy treating me nice again,

I was recovering quicker than the doctors thought,my birthday was celebrated on my hospital bed, Nelson made it worthwhile,i just cant stop thanking God for bringing this guy into my life. I called my mother and told her how i was recovering quickly,

They couldn't hide such a situation from her, she wanted to come to Lagos but daddy assured her everything was well taken care of.

I was discharged some days later, I resumed school immediately because i've missed alot, i wrote make up tests, and assignments, thank God the department was informed of my sudden breakdown.

Nelson was busy preparing for the introduction ceremony,i wanted it to be post poned but he refused, daddy was making arrangements in the village too.

One week to the introduction, we returned home for the weekend, i noticed everyone was excited about the introduction ceremony except mummy,i wasnt surprised, she has stopped being the lovely mum i used to know.

She hasnt asked me how the arrangements has been going,Nelson has been surprising me a lot these days, he transfers money to my account, he made sure i lacked nothing. Mum has never bothered to know if i was surviving or not. Chy had encouraged to keep on visiting the house that one day she'll change.

Nelson visited that evening, he told me that i would leave on Thursday with Chy, so that i would help my mum with the remaining arrangements, he said they would do the introduction on Saturday then ime ego on Sunday,....... I was shocked.

"Why the sudden change of plans?," i asked him

"Daddy has discusssed with your uncles and they accepted everything, they're already perpared waiting for us." he told me

"You're so impossible," i told him

"You need to tell mum about your movement, i'll meet you in her room,...... Let me get something from the car" he said and hurried downstairs

I knocked on mummy's door and was asked to come in

"good day mum" i greeted her

"Go straight to the point pls" she said sharply

I was thrown off balance,

"emmmm..... Mummy.., i want....... to tell you...... that i would..... be travelling..... to the village next.... week Thursday." i stammered

"Is that all?, safe journey" she replied still busy with what she was doing

I couldn't believe my ears, i knelt down immediately

"Mummy pls, for the sake of the relationship you have with my mother, if i did anything wrong to you knowingly or unknowingly, pls forgive me." i started crying remembering the good times with Mummy Amanda

"I've been pretending all along that i've forgiven you, i never wanted to come to the hospital but my husband and my son forced me to the hospital, they threatened to have nothing to do with me again,..... Something they have never done before,... My husband has always supported me in all my decisions,...... But he's now threatening me...... Just because of you...... Remember I gave you a life,... I enrolled you into a university, i made sacrifices for you,......... Now you cant do this simple favor of leaving my son alone....... If you want me to forgive you,........ Then call off the Introduction!!!!!she shouted

"Ooook mummy, if that will make you happy, i'll do that without delay"

"Such will never happen!!!"

Nelson walked in,

"mummy i've warned you before and i'm warning you again, dont ever hurt my fiancee's feelings, she hasnt done anything wrong to receive this kind of treatment from you."

"Why are you being wicked to this girl, mummy i begged you to attend our introduction and ime ego, you refused,........ Now you're doing this,...... This is not you.... You're not the one doing this.......... There's something in you that is pushing you to do this,...... This is the same girl, you always compared my girlfriends then with..... You never stopped talking about her,...... You love her like your own daughter....... But now, you so much despise her that you asked her to pack out of the house,..... as if that is not enough, You're blackmailing her emotionally to quit marrying me"

"You better start thinking of the lie you would tell her mother, for not attending her daughter's ceremony,..... Your god daughter...... Your best friend's daughter.... And your daughter in law to be.

"No matter what you do, we must get married, i pray you get back to your senses before it's too late!, Amaka get up let's go," he dragged me up into his room and shut the door.

I had already made up my mind on what to do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by divatolaz: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2017
Uhmmm..... Wah is going on with Amanda.....is beta u say ur mind now and stop stressing Amy and Nelson

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
Thanks nice update but try onemore update b/4 nite
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2017
Chizim1:
Thanks nice update but try onemore update b/4 nite
i'll try my best to post an update tonight

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2017
It's real getting real this time.........
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Chizim1: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2017
marianneada:

Thank u Adanne
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tanks...God bless you..waiting for more,dz suspense is too much......@hadampson,where re u oo
marianneada:
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by veenessha(f): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Something is fishy. How can mummy Amanda just start hating Amaka for no reason.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by jbaby265(f): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
Thanks sooooo much... Love love more pls
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Tizboss75: 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nice one
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
Aminzy:
Tanks...God bless you..waiting for more,dz suspense is too much......@hadampson,where re u oo
I just dey one corner dey observe wetin dey happen

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Niwdog(m): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
Seem like someone is trying to blackmail mummy Amanda
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Kimkardashain(f): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
*speechless*
Ada Wat Is Dis Eh?
U Made Me Skip Dinner Just To Read Dis Brain Buster. And Nw U Didnt Even Update.
Iyam Going To Vase 4 U Oh
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Kimkardashain(f): 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
I Love U My Wicked Kind Gossip Patner.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Kimkardashain(f): 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
I Love U My Wicked Kind Gossip PaTner.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
CONTINUATION

...... *****You think i wouldnt find out about this right? ",.... You 've" been hiding the fact that mummy has been mistreating you,....... She even stopped giving you allowance,.... You couldnt tell me.... Thank God Chy told me everything, why couldn't you confide in me,..We will soon get married and you're still keep things away from me..... "

" Now that you know everything what has it changed, has mummy changed?, just take a look at me, am i not a shadow of myself?,........ You dont know how painful it is when someone you love so much suddenly hates you for no reason...... Pls dont shout or blame. Me...... This is not a good news that i need to call people for celebration,..... I want to return to school right away, pls drop me off."

"You cant go in this condition, tomorrow morning you can go back to school"

"Nelson, if you cant drop me off, then i'll take a cab to school "i left the room to pick my bag, i picked my bag and left,..... I lied to Chy that i had an emergency to attend to in school.

" Baby pls wait, i'll drop you off", i didnt look at him

He dropped me off at my lodge, i didnt wave him goodnight, i got down from the car and went straight to my room, he followed me

"Baby pls, you're hurting me so much, am i the cause of what is happening?, why are you punishing me like this"

"Pls i'll talk to you later, i need to rest,"

"So this is what you want?, To quit our love, is this what you call love,...... You want to leave me because of my mother, it's unfair,....... Let's go to my house, so that we can talk, baby pls"

"baby pls dont talk like that, you're not a gold digger"

"Pls leave my room right now, i want to rest"

"I dont want anything from any of you, i'm a gold digger,..... Yes, i love your money not you,Go and marry the woman your mother wants you to marry and let me have peace of mind...... Pls go home and rest"

. "pls leave my room!!!" i screamed,

"ok, i understand how you feel, take care"

"Dont forget to cancel the introduction" i shouted at him

He banged the door and left.

I laid down crying, i prayed for God's direction.

..... Some hours after he left,i started feeling sorry for him, i wasnt doing the right thing, why am i treating this guy like this, he's been trying his best for me,

I decided to visit him very early before he leaves for the office and apologize to him.

I woke up very earlyand packed few clothes into my mini bag, i wanted to spend some days with him before travelling to the village.

When i got to his house, the gateman was still sleeping, i dialled his number before he came out to open the gate, the look on his face was suspicious but i didn't bother, i went straight to Nelson's bedroom to surprise him.

I opened the door and got the shock of my life, Lizzy was laying beside him on the bed, he was sleeping peacefully.

Having made up my mind to fight for my man, i pretended as if nothing happened

"Good morning miss Lizzy"i greeted her waving my fingers for her to see my engagement ring

She was shocked of my reaction,she was ashamed of herself

"Pls when you're done, dont forget any of your belongings before you leave," i told her

I turned to leave the room then Nelson woke up and saw me in his room

"Baby, when did you arrive?, i'm happy you're here,..... he turned and saw Lizzy on his bed,.... He was startled, he jumped out of the bed, he had only his boxers on him,...... i looked away

" What is this bitch doing here?, who allowed you into my house, you're a snake, wait.......... You took advantage of my condition last night, you're heartless,.... Now leave my house," he barked

I sat down on the couch in his bedroom and switched on the television,i changed the channel to Sound City, thank God they were playing their "good morning Africa," i increased the volume as they were arguing

"He threw her out of his room, i watched them as i was enjoying my music, they went downstairs arguing, i called the servant to get me broom and things i would use to clean the room

When Nelson returned, he was shocked to see me cleaning the room, he couldn't talk, i saw drop of tears in his eyes, he knelt down to beg me, i didnt look at him, i continued with my sweeping

He later went to shower, i went downstairs to prepare breakfast for him, when i was done, i left for school.

I was so busy at school that i didnt have time to check my phone, it was later in the afternoon that i checked my phone and saw 40missed calls, 3omissed calls from him, 5missed calls from Chy and the other 5from my mother.

I called my mother immediately and she informed me of the death of my distant uncle, she said our introduction have also been postponed till January after his burial.

I was so happy after hearing the news, i needed time to teach Nelson a lesson, i brightened up a little.

I decided to go to my lodge and see Chy and tell her what happened, i was about crossing the road, when a clean Mercedes GLK stopped for me, i checked and saw Maxwell,..

"Oooohmmmm, this guy again, i dont need his rapping on how much he loves me," i thought to myself

Maxwell is a rich guy from a rich home, he has been pestering my me for a long time, one thing i hate about him, is his pride, he can't stop telling me how rich he his, he's handsome though

I decided to use him for the meantime,

" Good afternoon Max" i greeted him

"good afternoon my beauty,....... Are you busy today?, i want to take you to the most expensive restaurant in Lagos where big boys like me enjoy their money, i have enough money to waste on you" he boasted

I was already getting irritated but i had to pretend

"i'll be free this evening, come and pick me around 6pm,i'll be waiting in my Lodge"

"that's my baby, i'll be there, dont disappoint me oo"

He drove off

I was relieved, i boarded a taxi to my lodge

"Chy baby, what's up?"

"This one you're smiling like this, i'm suspecting you oo"

"Suspect kwa"

"Yes na, You left the house yesterday looking gloomy and this morning you're all smiles, abeg gist me"

I told her what happened between mummy and i last night, how i sent Nelson out of our apartment, and how i caught him on bed.

"All these happened to you and you no faint,?, i was expecting to hear.." . and i
fainted"

"Your head, you no well, you want me to faint abi?"

" but seriously, you don hard oooo, you get heart, but you should 've slapped that girl na"

"Nooo, Nelson dealt with her, i just watched him throw her out of the house"

"Wicked girl,you were playing music while your fellow girl was being disgraced"

"hahahahahahahaha, i cant stop laughing, Lagos has taught me alot."

"Abi oooo, this is Lagos, shine your eyes!!!,"

"i don shine my eyes ooooo" i responded

My phone started ringing again, i checked it was Nelson,.... I put the phone on silence

"pick your boyfriend call oo, he shouldn't disturb me ooo," Chy said laughing

The phone kept on vibrating but i ignored it.

I told Chy of my date with Maxwell, i begged her to accompany and she agreed.

"I'm not happy you're doing this to my brother oooo, you want to kill him abi?,"

Chy's phone started ringing,

"Ahhhhh, come ooo, your boyfriend is calling me" she informed

"Pick it na, is he not your brother?, but pls tell him you've not seen me since today" i winked at her

"Good girl turned bad girl,......... Hellllloooooo..."

I signaled her to put it on speaker

"Hello ooooh, Nelson speak up, i can hear you"

"How're you?,"

"i'm fine"

"Is Amaka with you, or have you seen her today?"

"I wanted to ask you the same, i've not seen her,...... Call her na.... We spoke in the afternoon before i came home, i've not heard from her,.... I thought she' s with you.... "

"Are you sure about this?,"

"Hope you're not quarelling with Amaka,"?

"Not really, Our introduction has been postponed till after the burial of her uncle"

"Eiyaaaa,chaiiii, sorry about that"

"Are you alright?, why the eeeiyaaaa?,............ pls i'm tired, bye" he cut the phone

"So you called to check on your girlfriend,"

"Chy pls i'm not in the mood for your jokes right now ," good bye

The phone went dead,

"You can act ooo, you need to join Nollywood, i told her

" My brother will soin develop Bp"

"i hear"

We prepared noodles and ate, then we slept off later

Before 6pm,we were already waiting for Maxwell, he arrived and we left.

We stayed out till 10pm,Nelson has called more than 50times

,the outing was fun, but Maxwell couldn't stop telling us how rich he was.

He finally dropped us at our lodge and left promising to come tomorrow.

I boarded a taxi, i was about leaving when a lodgemate approached us

"Good evening dear,..... Your brother came here twice looking for you, he said you should call him when you return"

"Thank you dear" she then turned and left

"All these amebos cannot rest in this lodge, so she hasnt slept" Chy hissed

"it's already late, driver pls be careful, good nite dear"

Chy stood to make sure that we've gone before going inside the lodge.

I arrived very late, i called the gateman to open the gate for me,

I went upstairs to the visitor's room, bathed and laid down to sleep.

I was about sleeping when Nelson came knocking on the door.

"Baby, you scared me, i called you many times but you didnt pick, i'm so sorry baby, i know you're doing this to taunt me, i deserve any punishment you give me, just know that i love you so much and i never cheated on you."

He returned to his room.I slept off after calling Chy to tell her i was home.

"This is just the beginning."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by divatolaz: 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
Uhmmm Amy pls forgive Nelson .....thank God ur wicked uncle is no more.... Thanks for the update swerri
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marychommy(f): 12:08am On Mar 26, 2017
loving dis , am clue to my fon like every 40mins. Amy shld confined
and tell her mum what is happening I believe she can lead dem in prayers. d uncle DAT died is not Amobi just a distant uncle

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nmaglit: 3:21am On Mar 26, 2017
I so much love this story keep it up
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by jbaby265(f): 9:17am On Mar 26, 2017
Am in love right now..
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2017
Nmaglit:
I so much love this story keep it up
thanks dear
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by felixawe(m): 11:55am On Mar 26, 2017
Thank u so much may God bless u and your family in Jesus name, for this wonderful story you are given us. but don't delay tomuch thanks once again #chizim1voice
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by kendo60(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nice and intelligent story. I still reserve my comment till the end of this story. Keep it up my dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.