Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,186 members, 7,880,701 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK (26589 Views)

Chibok Schoolgirls Read Letter To Trump (see Photos) / Two Chibok Schoolgirls, Donald Trump & Wife, Ivanka, Strike A Pose (Photos) / Jonathan: "I Never Rejected British Offer To Rescue Chibok Girls" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by erico2k2(m): 12:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
thesicilian:
I still maintain no chibok girl was kidnapped.
Me.Me.as well anyone who wanna rain abuse in me can Go and Do what ? DIE
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by Funjosh(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
thesicilian:

I believed getting Chibok Town doesn't require passport or visa lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by ekobami: 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
bigpicture001:
..plz explain better where are we now as a nation that Jonathan caused?
(1) How many billions of Naira went missing during Jonathan Regime?
(2) Jonathan made us to depend solemnly on Oil waving out the Agricultural sector (there was allocation made for it then but it was embezzled under his watch)
(3) Name one tangible project that was completed here (Niger Delta) during his regime.
(4) the billions of Naira embezzled under his watch would have been used for so many projects in the country which you would have benefited too.
(6) He supported corruption as a leaderleader with his famous quote "Corruption is not a crime"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by vislabraye(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
fatymore:
Enough of all this blame game.. Let Jonathan rest in peace

But Gej never die nah .

But this administration still behave as if they are the opposition I just taya
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by cartimor: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
everybody still blaming jona.have you ever asked what they(USA) wanted in return?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by joxiri: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Henry240:

Hogwash report and an attempt by the British to take glory. Nothing more, nothing less.

Apart from the Iranian embassy rescue, the British themselves do not have any proven record of a rescuing hostages from anywhere. On the other hand, the Nigerian military has rescued nearly 10,000 hostages, and proven.

So who is supposed to assist who in hostage rescue?

The operation to freed the British and Italian hostages was a disaster because of the participation of the British. If it had been a purely Nigerian ochrestrated operation like we had proven in other operations prior to that of the British and Italian, it would have been a success.

The British "Spy" aircraft broke down in Senegal on it's way to Nigeria, that report as expected tactfully removed this part.

Don't even say that
Google SAS rescue missions and read what comes up
The SAS are the most elite armed force in the world constantly ranked higher than the US navy seals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by SmartyPants(m): 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
boostdom:
Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal. With the benefit of hindsight, we can begin to examine this case more objectively.

The Governor of Borno state-Shettima, ignored security reports and counsels from the Federal Govt and WAEC about possible security threat and why the exam should not hold particularly in Chibok. WAEC have shown the correspondences to this fact. But this man as the Chief Security Officer ignored these warnings and promised security for the girls. He betrayed the girls by failing to heed warnings and by allowing the exam proceed without security. He was a serving Governor and couldn't be prosecuted. https://www.thecable.ng/shettima-set-chibok-girls-says-fani-kayode

Now, this same man rather than communicate with the higher ups about the kidnap decided to keep quiet. His reasoning? He believed the President would have been briefed. By whom? By security agencies OUTSIDE his state. Or perhaps he was waiting for the President to call him first. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201163-i-not-call-jonathan-chibok-girls-abducted-boko-haram-borno-governor-shettima.html

Based on this lethargy from the CSO of the state, it would be rational to assume probable cause for the President to proceed cautiously. It is pertinent to point out that coincidentally, the Governor was from the opposition party.

The agreement signed with the US, UK and France was for them to provide additional intelligence services and platform and the Nigerian security services will handle the intrusion. But these countries, particularly the UK didn't want that. They cited Nigerian military human rights record and wouldn't even provide the required platform. According to a former British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Dr Andrew Pocock disclosed that both the British and United States governments knew where some of the Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram members were but refused to help or share that information. http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/21/uk-us-governments-knew-location-of-chibok-girls-but-refused-to-rescue-them-ex-british-high-commissioner/

As much as this was an emotional issue, it was also one of national importance. It's hard trusting your partners if they won't keep their end of a treaty, won't provide platform and additional intelligence service and glaring refusal to rescue when they had the chance.

Telling such blatant lies even on a sunday??

Regarding your first point which is just an allegation made by Femi Fani KAyode, an irresponsible loud-mouth who nobody takes serious, this is what he actually said:
“The governor must give account to God and to the Nigerian people for what he has done to those girls. We are accusing him of being responsible for the abduction of the Chibok girls because he was warned by the federal government and by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) not to allow the examination take place in Chibok"

Yet you have insinuated that the federal government did not know about the security situation.

Regarding your second lie, that the US, UK refused to act or share the information they had, this is what the article in the link you posted really says:

“A couple of months after the kidnapping, fly-bys and an American eye in the sky spotted a group of up to 80 girls in a particular spot in the Sambisa forest, around a very large tree, called locally the Tree of Life, along with evidence of vehicular movement and a large encampment.

“A land-based attack would have been seen coming miles away and the girls killed, an air-based rescue, such as flying in helicopters or Hercules, would have required large numbers and meant a significant risk to the rescuers and even more so to the girls.

“You might have rescued a few but many would have been killed. My personal fear was always about the girls not in that encampment — 80 were there, but 250 were taken, so the bulk were not there. What would have happened to them? You were damned if you do and damned if you don’t.”

You are such a piece of work. The article never once even hints at anyone refusing to share intel. I dare you to produce the text where such is stated! Further, it is clear that there was no refusal to act, but rather an inability to do so at that specific point in time.

Liar!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by bizhop01: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
Chibok Schoolgirls
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by discusant: 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
Oyibo still campaigning for their ATM - Nigeria.
Whenever Aboki is in power, Oyibo draws crude oil hardly unaccounted for, pays peanuts to Aboki government.

Since Buhari became president, why has Oyibo not come with their magic armed forces to free the Chibok girls?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by Adebowale89(m): 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
the war that's difficult to fight is confusion

these northerners are the problem of their selves not GEJ on this issue of BH

there are religious violence syndrome shud even tell u they are incurable of war mentality

over ambition of second term was what made GEJ loose woefully to this BH because if not for the second term ambition, he would have step on some toes and heaven will not fall

this is why I don't see him as HERO, as they do called him. he took his ambition over Nigerians and here we are today still curbing the escalation of this BH incessant war
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by eagleeye2: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
Just laughable when we all want to forget what transpired before and after the chibok girls kidnap.
It was all over the news, how the Hausa/ Fulani elites did all they could to make sure that GEJ didn't use strong force in the North East War theatre.
Let's keep blaming GEJ till the end.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by sekundosekundo: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
DabELLs:

Show just one evidence that proved that Kabiru Sokoto was the one behind the bomb blast... The man was arrested illegally... It was political.

Chibok girls does not exist....It was political

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by discusant: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
These colonial masters need to tell their northern Nigeria Muslims to stop mixing politics with religion.

Boko Haram and Chibok kidnap are products of northern Nigeria Muslims mixing politics with religion.
The south of Nigeria are dragged backwards by northern Nigeria Muslims who mix politics with religion.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by epistleNow(m): 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
thesicilian:

Did you read the writeup?
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by discusant: 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
Boko Haram violence was an instrument of northern Nigeria Muslims to wrestle political power from Jonathan, simple. Don't these colonial masters know the truth?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by isnovic(m): 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
[b][b]In fact Jonathan earned my respect.

The decision to allow our army and military lead the operations while limiting the US, British participation to logistics, training and information was spot on.

Jonathan did not defeat the BH because 90% of the military and political holders were tools of the opposition and sympathetic to their cause, plus they knew it was their ticket to Aso Rock.

To the extent that mutiny was at its peak, even outright desertion was common; something never heard of in Nigeria military.

Additionally, leaked tactical formation, military strategy and weapon route was openly divulge, in some cases by some dishonest news daily and snitches.

The facts, now history for review purpose, are all there to see.

Soldiers abandoning post, relinquishing military arms and hardware to BH was oft the case.

Well done sir, you failed to win the war against BH but you left with your integrity, because, for to win the rescue of the Chibok girls with British boots on ground is to surrender your sovereignty to a foreign power. To put your military under foreign country command is to simply write off your military strength.

It is to subject the country to international ridicule and flat line butt joke of other countries.

Lastly, it also portends danger for the country as other country will see it as weakness and opportunity to attack at will.

You did your best CO....you will have your time to tell your BH story the way it really happened. [/b][/b]

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
vedaxcool:
Jonathan was a fool cheered by fools .... he simply didn't care. To him it was just a ruse even his mentally damaged supporters still believe the girls were not missing. An indication of the ineffectual buffonery that he passed unto his followers.
You're just too gullible for your future children.

We repeat; NO GIRL IS MISSING!

Your moronic scriptwriter could not even write a cohesive drama.

I blame Jonathan for being soft.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by buchai: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
I don't have anything to say but if Goodluck Jonathan acted as a dictator while in power the casualties would've been unquantifiable

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by SalamRushdie: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
DabELLs:

Oga shut up... Which weapon did Jonathan the drunk gave them to fight... The bastard would rather give that money to Dasuki to share for his second term campaign...

Is it not the same AK 47 the complained about they are still using to fight today ?Instead of hyperventilating like a rabid bat why don't you call just one new weapon they use today that was bought by Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by jasawa: 1:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:
We all know it was El Rufai et al that were very vocal about refusing foreign boots on Northern soil and ofcourse the weak Jonathan listened to them
Finally you guys have agreed that Gej is a weak President. But before today some of you didn't even believe that the girls were abducted . Thus it's the ineffectual buffoon that failed to rescue them. God bless PMB
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by sekundosekundo: 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
ekobami:
I Hate Goodluck Jonathan.! He is the reason why we are where we are today. No matter what, I won't blame PMB for anything. sad sad
I doubt if you were in Nigeria in 1984.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by ifycent2: 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
thesicilian:

Dat was wat I hv in mind.. I believe u 100%.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by kings09(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
The way buhari is bn cheered by zombies. By now, buhari shld have exterminated boko but wat do u have now? I guess ur ans is as gud as mine cheesy
vedaxcool:
Jonathan was a fool cheered by fools .... he simply didn't care. To him it was just a ruse even his mentally damaged supporters still believe the girls were not missing. An indication of the ineffectual buffonery that he passed unto his followers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by discusant: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:

In the last days when it had become clear that some components of the Nigerian military intentionally didn't want to engage the enemy so just 100 South African mercenaries were brought in and they delivered devasting damage to Boko Haram in 9 weeks which saw the group retreat time Jonathan lost the election and somehow the same components of the Nigerian Army suddenly started fighting well again ..

Insider Sabotage in Nigeria Army led to prolongation of Boko Haram violence.

Soldiers with same religious aspirations with Boko Haram for a country, perhaps Nigeria, to be governed with Islamic sharia criminal codes, sabotaged Nigeria's soldiers fighting Boko Haram then.

As soon as Buhari became president, the sabotage decreased.

Buhari pledged to ensure that Islamic sharia criminal codes are used in all of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by SalamRushdie: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
discusant:

Insider Sabotage in Nigeria Army led to prolongation of Boko Haram violence.

Soldiers with same religious aspirations with Boko Haram for a country, perhaps Nigeria, to be governed with Islamic sharia criminal codes, sabotaged Nigeria's soldiers fighting Boko Haram then.

As soon as Buhari became president, the sabotage decreased.

Buhari pledged to ensure that Islamic sharia criminal codes are used in all of Nigeria.

Exactly those who know know

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by adontcare(f): 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
Na so na. No chibok girl was kidnapped then. All na lie. Abeg. All Nigerians should just bear in mind that this country is drowning. Greedy n selfish leaders. Britain come and colonize naija o.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by maskamdo(m): 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
fatymore:
Enough of all this blame game.. Let Jonathan rest in peace

is he dead??
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by SalamRushdie: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
jasawa:
Finally you guys have agreed that Gej is a weak President. But before today some of you didn't even believe that the girls were abducted . Thus it's the ineffectual buffoon that failed to rescue them. God bless PMB

Of course GEJ was a very weak President and that was his only fault

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by Buharimustgo: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:

In the last days when it had become clear that some components of the Nigerian military intentionally didn't want to engage the enemy so just 100 South African mercenaries were brought in and they delivered devasting damage to Boko Haram in 9 weeks which saw the group retreat time Jonathan lost the election and somehow the same components of the Nigerian Army suddenly started fighting well again ..

You just said it all,without any bias

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
yinkslinks:
May God forgive you for using the word bastard cus u lack knowledge.

Which knowledge do you have that makes you support a man that shared the money that was meant for purchasing weapons for the dying military men for his political campaign
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Of course GEJ was a very weak President and that was his only fault
Jonathan and his wife are professional thieves too... You forgot to add that...
Re: Nigeria Rejected British Offer To Rescue Seized Chibok Schoolgirls - GUARDIAN UK by SalamRushdie: 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
DabELLs:

Jonathan and his wife are professional thieves too... You forgot to add that...

Of course his weakness would lead to people around him being corrupt but to be fair to the man I don't think he was stealing personally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected / Security Operatives To Arrest Felix Obuah, PDP Boss / Afenifere: Printing More Naira Notes To Fight Coronavirus Is Irresponsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.