Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms (608 Views)

Our Cages For Your Poultry Farms@65,000 / Aroms Farms Nig Limited Back To Full Operation Pictures / Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms by Chryo: 2:07am On Mar 05, 2017
The big churches in Nigeria should begin to establish Large Farms to compete with the OTA Farm. Members sow seeds with plots of lands every time and the youth can do the labour on a "daily wage". [Matthew 20:1-16] Parable of the Labourers, illustrates this.

I know that [Matthew 20:1-16]; explains that God's reward is equal to all who serve him in truth & in spirit. Here the CHURCH should learn that they can own LARGE Farms and empower the Nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms by cardoso514: 3:35am On Mar 05, 2017
I support this move.eventually they will employ many of such workers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms by Eggcelent(m): 3:38am On Mar 05, 2017
A suggestion worthy of serious consideration

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms by pamdaniel(m): 6:19am On Mar 05, 2017
Eggcelent:
A suggestion worthy of serious consideration
yes it would seem strange to some denominations, but truth be said, some catholic parishes, seminaries, monasteries and convents have large farms, some are into fishery, poultry, piggery etc... the youths of the church are also empowered through these means... I know of the Seat of Wisdom Seminary Owerri farms is a center of escussion right now... I agree with the op. if government can introduce schemes that could set up agricultural outlets for educational purpose using the different churches as the pivot point of dissemination, I remember responding to a priest who invited me to teach his youths cucumber and watermelon farming and today they are really doing good as a parish and as individuals, I support the motion!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms by Youngzedd(m): 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
Supported.

The nation needs more food.

Cc: Lalasticlala seun

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms by Chryo: 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
pamdaniel:
yes it would seem strange to some denominations, but truth be said, some catholic parishes, seminaries, monasteries and convents have large farms, some are into fishery, poultry, piggery etc... the youths of the church are also empowered through these means... I know of the Seat of Wisdom Seminary Owerri farms is a center of escussion right now... I agree with the op. if government can introduce schemes that could set up agricultural outlets for educational purpose using the different churches as the pivot point of dissemination, I remember responding to a priest who invited me to teach his youths cucumber and watermelon farming and today they are really doing good as a parish and as individuals, I support the motion!

This is great ... I've always wanted to learn watermelon farming, cucumber would be a plus too. Churches should rise up!
Re: Nigerian Churches Should Own Farms by pamdaniel(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
Chryo:

This is great ... I've always wanted to learn watermelon farming, cucumber would be a plus too. Churches should rise up!
on point

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can You Surgically Remove A Turtles Shell? / Do U Ever Know That Banana Was The First Fruit and Not Apple? / Osun Youth Agricultural Empowerment Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.