Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,971 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:09 PM

Arsene Wenger Finally Reveals Why He Dropped Alexis Sanchez Against Liverpool - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsene Wenger Finally Reveals Why He Dropped Alexis Sanchez Against Liverpool (609 Views)

Pogba Finally Reveals The Actual Reason Mourinho Was Sacked At Man United / Angry Manager Sarri Finally Reveals Why Arsenal Beat Chelsea 2 – 0 / Fans React To Neymar And Mbappe 'Money Celebration' After Goal Against Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Finally Reveals Why He Dropped Alexis Sanchez Against Liverpool by goddiesloaded: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2017
Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, has finally revealed why he made his decision to drop Alexis Sanchez Against Liverpool On Saturday which Result in their 3-1 loss at An field. He Therefore said that he is “strong enough” to make such a decisions.
The decision he made backfired, as the Reds went into the break two goals up, thanks to Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.The Chile international started from the bench, as Wenger went with Olivier Giroud and Danny Welbeck upfront.

Alexis was introduced at the beginning of the second half and set up Danny Welbeck for the Gunners’ only goal, before Giorginio Wijnaldum settled the tie with a late goal.

“I have no regrets. My only regret is that we lost the game,” Wenger said afterwards.

“Decisions like that aren’t easy to make but I am strong enough to make them.

“My thinking with Alexis was that we had to be more direct and I wanted two players who were strong in the the air.

“I know Alexis Sanchez is a great player – I bought him. You can focus on what you want, but for every single player it’s the same.

“People ask me why I don’t keep strikers on the pitch. When I do it is still wrong.”

As the result of the match is given after the final whistle is blown. Arsenal dropped to the fifth position while Liverpool make their top fourth position in the Premier League table.

Please Share This Post On any platform...
Cc:dominique
Cc:lalasicla
#Nairaland admin...
# front page please

Source : http://www.goddiesloaded.com/2017/03/arsene-wenger-finally-reveals-why-he.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Fan Celebrate Last Night Winning In A Bizarre Way (photos) / Barcelona And Real Madrid Set For El Classico In Miami / Which Of These EPL Clubs Has The Highest Number Of Fans In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.