Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,469 members, 7,917,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:48 AM

Evils Of Peer Pressure... The Facts - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Evils Of Peer Pressure... The Facts (740 Views)

Secrets To Tackling Mind Pressure / Boys No Matter The Pressure Just Be Yourself / Once You Elevate Your Peer Group, Your Standards Will Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Evils Of Peer Pressure... The Facts by 3mmanhu3l(m): 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
I smoked weed today, then I took 100 milligrams of tramadol so I could touch the sky...... I mean, what's the point of being normal when the world around is getting high.
Before the whole weed event though, I went out with this girl today too. We've been friends for ages but I hadn't showed her my other rooms. I had been laughed at enough by my friends so today it became by fire by force. I mean, what does she mean sef, why's she being difficult like a carry over course.
I was diagnosed with lung cancer today and given 3 weeks to live.
All the smoking has taken it toll. But why me? Why not Mark or Steve??
I mean, they've been doing it for longer than I have, but I'm going to die a death they deserve.
I've had an incredibly long day today so I'm stressed out. I could do without the judging from you guys, just get out.
But who am I kidding, I've been my own problem all the while. I let myself become the pressured peer, I completely ignored the warning signs.
I let society dictate who I should be, I let the TV restructure me. I copied what I saw in music videos, my entire life was a kardashian TV show.
The people I knew constantly bragged about getting high, as a big boy, I couldn't be left out nawh, even if it meant telling a lie.
In hindsight, we could all have been lying to ourselves..... fooling each other, blinding ourselves.
The artistes we idolise show us a lot of flashy life, they never speak of the side effects or the nasty times.
We are constantly fed on a diet of lies uncensored, we choose to live on their falsehood and become fake by extension.
Our imaginations of what the world should look like are gotten from the ideas MTV feeds us. We lose sight of who we really are the moment they deceive us.
A girl's confidence these days is dependent on the likes she gets on Facebook. She doesn't understand that beauty is deeper than the surface, she just wants a face like how the one on trace looks.
She hates herself because she doesn't look like the girl in the magazine papers. Sadly, even the girl in the magazine doesn't look like the girl in the magazine without all her filters.
We let society dictate what true beauty is to us, expose a little more skin perhaps, let virtue bite the dust.
She gets a boyfriend because her friends decide that she so desperately needs one. She gets a boyfriend to avoid the taunts and the scorn.... And in her 'super sexy' outfit she strolls over to his house one day. She walks in and makes herself the object of his hormone controlled rough play.
Little lady got herself raped in the end this her story. Little lady got infections from the guy in our story.
Let's all take a step back and look at the picture we've painted. Let's really examine it from views that have not been tainted.
We deny ourselves and become personalities that society tells us, we ignore who we are and buy the bodies they sell us.
....I hope that this strikes a chord in your heart, makes you hate yourself... Then love yourself enough to want to emancipate yourself

(1) (Reply)

A Loveline. A Novella By Olusanya Olaleye. / Any Site That Pays For Stories? / Have You Read The Poem "Ajala The Traveler?". I Am Sure You Dont Wanna Miss Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.