Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,523 members, 7,941,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec (3003 Views)

Poll: Can Portsmouth defeat Chelsea?

Yes: 23% (6 votes)
No: 65% (17 votes)
They'll get a draw: 11% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth (4 - 0) On 8th January 2011 / FA Cup Final: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [1 - 0] On Saturday, 15th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
jalether:

Game over, I'm still not confident over our defence
And na who you wan change? The same back line with the best defensive record in the league?
What are you on dude? undecided
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ancelotti needs to tap into Lampard's goal scoring prowess.
Playing him out wide is counter-productive in terms of goals
It is obvious Deco and Joe Cole will not score crucial goals for us.

John Terry, needs some time off.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by jalether(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
FBS:

Ok we might as well field reserves players since it does not matter who is on the pitch.  undecided

Our defence is more important than Drogba and essien, a goal is sufficient to win a game if you aint leaking goals

guess what, you can have 20 maradona's and 5 ronaldo lima's on the pitch but if your defence is weak, winning a game becomes diffcult botherline

impossbile.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by jalether(m): 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
FBS:

And na who you wan change? The same back line with the best defensive record in the league?
What are you on dude? undecided

I don't give a bleeding f**k who plays, all I know is that defence still looks shaky
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
jalether:

Our defence is more important than Drogba and essien, a goal is sufficient to win a game if you aint leaking goals

guess what, you can have 20 maradona's and 5 ronaldo lima's on the pitch but if your defence is weak, winning a game becomes diffcult botherline

impossbile.
Powerful Post!
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by WarfyBoy(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
@FBS

you are rite, DD was realy a great miss for us 2day

like one of my friends will say "No Drogba, No Chelsea"

Kalou for me is useless than useless
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by tayoast(m): 11:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
That Defence is Terryble!!!

The match had my heart racing
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by chelseabmw(m): 6:36am On Dec 17, 2009
up blues
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2009
jalether:

I don't give a bleeding be intimate with who plays, all I know is that defence still looks shaky
jalether:

impossbile.
You know not what you are talking typing.
I guess you were sleeping when the same back line kept successive clean sheets? Guess you were on holidays then, no?
Now suddenly our defenders lost their mojo? I asked you a simple question, who do you want to replace and you are here telling me about maradona.  grin cheesy
Do you expect to win and score against teams and not concede ALL the time? I for one will be more worried if we don't score goals cos that means you cannot win.
They are having a rough patch but defo they wil sort it out.

tayo_ast:

That Defence is Terryble!!!
The match had my heart racing
They did not play well in the second half agreed, but in the first half I don't think Portsmouth passed our midfield.
What does that tell you?
Uncle Carlo just need to talk to them guys. . .finito. We don't need to start panicking or buying defenders now.

Warfy Boy:

@FBS
you are rite, DD was realy a great miss for us 2day
like one of my friends will say "No Drogba, No Chelsea"
Kalou for me is useless than useless
DD was certainly a miss last night (especially in the second half). . .all the over-head long balls and those floating into the box. . .there was simply no one to convert them. I for one miss DD's knockdowns.
You could see Ashley Cole (I think he was one of the best players last night. . .forget about the ricochet off his chest) constantly looking into the box while with the ball and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what was on his mind.
Kalouu? hmmmm, Like Nateevs said, we will need 2 pages here to discuss that guy. I'm trying to understand his problem. One moment he is brilliant, the next. . .you just wonder. Certainly if it's not physical then it is psychological.

OMO IBO:

Ancelotti needs to tap into Lampard's goal scoring prowess.
Playing him out wide is counter-productive in terms of goals
It is obvious Deco and Joe Cole will not score crucial goals for us.

John Terry, needs some time off.
Well said.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by chrisical(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2009
Not one of our best performances this season but we got the three points we crucially needed.I just think there is an element of bad luck in the goals we have conceeded lately.
Everton's 1st goal-Ball cannones off the post,hits the back of Cech and goals in.
Everton's 3rdgoal-Drogba's attempted headed clearance ricochetes off the head of Saha with his back to goal and loops over cech,straight into the net
Portsmouth's goal-Freekick hits the chelsea wall and Ashley Cole then into the path of Piqquione who rammed home.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2009
chrisical:

Not one of our best performances this season but we got the three points we crucially needed.I just think there is an element of bad luck in the goals we have conceeded lately.
Everton's 1st goal-Ball cannones off the post,hits the back of Cech and goals in.
Everton's 3rdgoal-Drogba's attempted headed clearance ricochetes off the head of Saha with his back to goal and loops over cech,straight into the net
Portsmouth's goal-Freekick hits the chelsea wall and Ashley Cole then into the path of Piqquione who rammed home.

Spot on!
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by nateevs(m): 11:15am On Dec 17, 2009
FBS:

You know not what you are talking typing.
I guess you were sleeping when the same back line kept successive clean sheets? Guess you were on holidays then, no?
Now suddenly our defenders lost their mojo? I asked you a simple question, who do you want to replace and you are here telling me about maradona.  grin cheesy
Do you expect to win and score against teams and not concede ALL the time? I for one will be more worried if we don't score goals cos that means you cannot win.
They are having a rough patch but defo they wil sort it out.

They did not play well in the second half agreed, but in the first half I don't think Portsmouth passed our midfield.
What does that tell you?
Uncle Carlo just need to talk to them guys. . .finito. We don't need to start panicking or buying defenders now.
DD was certainly a miss last night (especially in the second half). . .all the over-head long balls and those floating into the box. . .there was simply no one to convert them. I for one miss DD's knockdowns.
You could see Ashley Cole (I think he was one of the best players last night. . .forget about the ricochet off his chest) constantly looking into the box while with the ball and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what was on his mind.
Kalouu? hmmmm, Like Nateevs said, we will need 2 pages here to discuss that guy. I'm trying to understand his problem. One moment he is brilliant, the next. . .you just wonder. Certainly if it's not physical then it is psychological.
Well said.

You gat that right bro!
We need to be more objective than emotional.
Nothing do the defenders. . We have the best personnel in that department in the PL. . if not the world now.
Things can't always go right. Time . . time - one thing that never is allowed at Chelsea - is all we have to wait on!

Kalou? . . I can't wait for January for DSanto to return . . though he's gained experience at Blackburn . . Alardyce's style of football could turn the fella in the wrong direction for too long.

In January, Anelka, DiSanto and Borini will lead the way. Kalou should not be allowed to come back from Africa. .  grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by FBS: 11:20am On Dec 17, 2009
@Nateevs, you don finish Kalou. Chei!  grin  grin  grin
But did you catch Borini's miss last night?  shocked  shocked  cheesy
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2009
Another scrappy win.
Thank God it was a win though.

In January, Anelka, DiSanto and Borini will lead the way. Kalou should not be allowed to come back from Africa. .

On the contrary, Kalou ain't a bad player.
He is suffering from lack of action.

You guys should pray Nic stays fit.

Please stop calling Di Santo and Borini.
Maybe they'll pick up with time.
For now, we can't rely on them, they are not yet CFC first team material.

We need a striker in the Jan window, it's inevitable.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by Pharoh: 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2009
nateevs:

You gat that right bro!
We need to be more objective than emotional.
Nothing do the defenders. . We have the best personnel in that department in the PL. . if not the world now.
Things can't always go right. Time . . time - one thing that never is allowed at Chelsea - is all we have to wait on!

Kalou? . . I can't wait for January for DSanto to return . . though he's gained experience at Blackburn . . Alardyce's style of football could turn the fella in the wrong direction for too long.

In January, Anelka, DiSanto and Borini will lead the way. Kalou should not be allowed to come back from Africa. .  grin

DiSanto is not coming back in January.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by BinghiNya(m): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
Nice Dive by Ivanovic. The referee did Chelsea a big favour. Terry's discussion bore fruit in the end.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by just2nice(m): 12:38am On Dec 18, 2009
BinghiNya:

Nice Dive by Ivanovic. The referee did Chelsea a big favour. Terry's discussion bore fruit in the end.
Which match were you watching?That was a blatant penalty.
Our match against Portsmouth had me on the edge for the best part of the game. Our defending was quite unconvincing in that match but thank God we came out on top.
nateevs:

In January, Anelka, DiSanto and Borini will lead the way. Kalou should not be allowed to come back from Africa. grin
Lol. That guy can be so frustrating.He is so inconsistent and needs 5 chances to score a goal.If he is not on his tip-toes, Borini might overtake him for the third striker's spot in Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by chidi5(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2009
u thought it waz a dive? it wasnt, according to leekweed/forum, the player hit his leg. so the ref. was r ight to give chelsea a panalty.
Re: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth [2 - 1] On Wed 16th Dec by tennis: 8:18pm On Dec 20, 2009
This is an aside.

Would you guys like to get live Match scores via SMS just in case you're not in front of a tv when the match is on.

Check out our website, we give a far better deal than Etisalat.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Memes On Barcelona And Psg Match.. Come Laugh Out Ur Ass. / QPR Vs Liverpool (3 - 2) On 21st March 2012 / Statarea Guru Predictions For Todays Game Old Statarea Best Prediction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.