Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,504 members, 7,978,669 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:14 PM

Loneliness While In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Loneliness While In A Relationship? (1351 Views)

Pls Help I Dont Knw If Am Dying Of Loneliness, / Loneliness Spells My Name. (8 Years Of Loneliness) / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loneliness While In A Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 5:02am On Dec 15, 2009
Can you be lonely while in a relationship? My friend said this was his case. How could this be? If so, why not leave?
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by H2O2: 5:03am On Dec 15, 2009
why you no cure hin loneliness. you no be woamn?
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Akebulan: 5:08am On Dec 15, 2009
This reminds me of Jill Scott's "Whenever you're around", one of my favourite tracks of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_f8tWkz08

Yes, it is very much possible to be lonely in relationships. I think that, coupled with lack of counscience, is the #1 reason why people cheat. Sometimes when you're in relationships, you lose the connection you had with the person. You realize that you arent communicating like you used to and things arent thesame. You feel like a stranger, around your partner. You become, "lonely", because as opposed to when you're single, you do not even have the liberty to go out, meet a new person and maybe, confide in them about your problems (or even share your joys with them).

Why not leave? I honestly dont know. I hope I never feel the need to stay in such situation, it can be quite frustrating and depressing.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 5:18am On Dec 15, 2009
I guess, but they always looked so happy together to me, I guess looks are deceiving.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Akebulan: 5:21am On Dec 15, 2009
nalijah07:

I guess, but they always looked so happy together to me, I guess looks are deceiving.

very much so.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by humblemate(m): 6:34am On Dec 15, 2009
I wish I were a woman I would have helped him solved this problem of loneliness, however he can still get other ppl who will be willing to help out lipsrsealed
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:00am On Dec 15, 2009
Yes its possible. . .I remember in a past relationship. . .I felt lonely because the connection stopped existing. . .and I did the best thing. . .which was leave.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 15, 2009
What's the point of staying in a relationship if you feel lonely in it? Is that what relationship supposed to do: cure loneliness?  undecided
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 15, 2009
Lonliness is next to Godliness
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 15, 2009
adolfe bad:

Lonliness is next to Godliness
Says the king of loneliness
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by sjeezy8: 7:09am On Dec 15, 2009
yes thats why i keep my self with different babes cause if one isnt "wassup" then the next will be
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 15, 2009
@FL Gators
who manipulates better than your king?
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2009
adolfe bad:

@FL Gators
My king is not the subject of this matter. . . . wink
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2009
In other words what if he wants to be?
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2009
adolfe bad:

In other words what if he wants to be?
Be what? undecided
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 15, 2009
Why not answer that
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 15, 2009
Answer my own question
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 15, 2009
When you ask an irrelevant question wat does the person at the other end do?
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 15, 2009
adolfe bad:

When you ask an irrelevant question wat does the person at the other end do?
Ignore. So plz dnt ask me this kinda question again

adolfe bad:

@FL Gators

When I say something like this
FL Gators:

Says the king of loneliness

Goodnight
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 15, 2009
Its morning here
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by marocguy(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2009
Thread diversion.Adolfe n gators.
Loneliness in relationships happens when the duo over rush themselves with ova seein,hangin out or even ova calln themselves. Ova familiarity in general whick makes dem 2 argue a lot bout everythn.They lack rhythm.No one agrees 2 succumb as d follower while d other leads. Also no one agrees 2 b d storyteller while d other listens. Also when they have fully analyzed themselves,ova known everythn about eachothr n predictn each others very next moves,thereby seein nothn of interest in each othr.
The best thing is 2 take a walk n move on otherwise u'll feel enslavd.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 15, 2009
@marco
then does it occur in all marriages?
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by nalijah07(f): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2009
@adolfe and Marcoguy

Yes, then what happens in long term marriages? Are people just settling? Seems to me like you think this is bound to occur.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by iice(f): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2009
Yes it's possible. You can not be alone but yet be lonely, just as you can be alone and not be lonely.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by Secretz(f): 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2009
Yeah I think it's possible.

marocguy:

Thread diversion.Adolfe n gators.
Loneliness in relationships happens when the duo over rush themselves with ova seein,hangin out or even ova calln themselves. Ova familiarity in general whick makes dem 2 argue a lot bout everythn.They lack rhythm.No one agrees 2 succumb as d follower while d other leads. Also no one agrees 2 b d storyteller while d other listens. Also when they have fully analyzed themselves,ova known everythn about eachothr n predictn each others very next moves,thereby seein nothn of interest in each othr.
The best thing is 2 take a walk n move on otherwise u'll feel enslavd.

But sometimes the loneliness is caused from the very opposites that you mentioned.
Re: Loneliness While In A Relationship? by echobee(f): 7:39am On Dec 16, 2009
yes,u can be lonely.i have experienced it thrice,and the best i did was to leave

(1) (Reply)

"Eat, Drink, And Be Randy, For Tomorrow You Shall Die." / Wow: I Found Love / She Only Want To Use Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.