Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,678 members, 7,878,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:42 AM

Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank (20587 Views)

Currency Speculators ‘to Lose N700m / CBN Pumps $195Million To Boost Forex Market, As Naira Firms Up / Naira Plunges At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nellybii: 7:59am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're a true Nigerian, a scholar and a gentleman.

Sometimes I get sad that I share the same nationality with some Nairalanders.

This is such a simple economic thing to see.

See you.
You want to bring economic sense into Nigerian situation?? You are a learner!!! Haven't you heard that the Nigerian economy has always defiled any logical reasoning?
Talking about those economic theories you now curdle so much, has any of them considered looting? Has any of them considered people keeping money inside suckaways?. My guy, Nigeria situation is a strange one that doesn't follow any logical pattern. So we tackle it with strange measures too.
Get it??

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by MosD: 8:00am On Mar 06, 2017
This CBN tactics in my opinion would have been perfect if factor like Dangote refinery has started functioning and our refined oil import has drastically reduced. But as it stands presently, our hope practically hangs on oil price and niger delta militant. God help Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by adeoba2008(m): 8:02am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:
It simply won't work.

At some point the well that they're getting the dollars from will run dry because we know that we're not earning nearly enough in exports.

+++++++++++

FTC Numero Dos.

Muy caliente cabron y cabrones grin

In your mind?
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by 989900: 8:02am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

[s]Love your sigline, it's the best thing to do when nothing intelligent can be formed in response[/s] grin
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 06, 2017
NaijaEarnOnline:

So what do you propose they do, fold their hands and let speculators keep weakening the naira. The high cost of goods in the market is as a result of this high exchange rate. At least CBN wants to reduce the pressure on the black market to strengthen the naira in the black market.

I never claimed that I have an answer for the predicament, which I do, but I am not the finance minister nor the CBN Director.

What they are doing can't resolve the issue. You should read this thread carefully because others have stated what needs to be done.
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 06, 2017
adeoba2008:

In your mind?

Actually, yes. I mean I can't type based on what is on your mind now, can I?

I'm good, but not that good grin
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 06, 2017
MosD:
This CBN tactics in my opinion would have been perfect if factor like Dangote refinery has started functioning and our refined oil import has drastically reduced. But as it stands presently, our hope practically hangs on oil price and niger delta militant. God help Nigeria

Someone, please give this Man a cigar.

We shouldn't hit the streets jubilating just yet.

We need to increase exports so we can earn more to replenish our looted coffers and import less so that we can save our measly foreign exchange.

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by orjikuramo(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2017
Oh, should be "an s" cos of the sound right, thanks for the correction, no one is an island of wisdom but Mr ITK, I still insist you will be easily floored in a debate as you always attack people's person without making your point clear.

EgunMogaji:

Not only are you a failure in economics but you also woefully fail English too grin

PS: You really need to get your mind into the A game if you want to banter with me. My intentional freudian slip threw you for a loop. Such a simple thing to do. But here's where we are when the colleges are on strike every other month.

4 Likes

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 06, 2017
Businessideas:

I am not sure your pessimism allowed you to give a honest view. With our daily oil output of over 2.1m barrels of oil (fetching Nigeria a whopping over $50m dollars daily!) and rising non oil exports from recent data, sustained anti-corruption fight in public finance, you will soon realize what terrible fate await you if you are one of the unpatriotic speculators.
Government is clearly not sleeping with it's eyes closed and when the full reality of what Kemi Adeosun said last year hits some of the speculators,they will consider suicide or declare bankruptcy.

It won't just work my brother. Saving the naira is just a temporary measure. We need to strengthens the naira and not to save. Don't argue with me because it will clearly shows your incompetence

2 Likes

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 06, 2017
Nellybii:

See you.
You want to bring economic sense into Nigerian situation?? You are a learner!!! Haven't you heard that the Nigerian economy has always defiled any logical reasoning?
Talking about those economic theories you now curdle so much, has any of them considered looting? Has any of them considered people keeping money inside suckaways?. My guy, Nigeria situation is a strange one that doesn't follow any logical pattern. So we tackle it with strange measures too.
Get it??

You can't actually see me but I think I understand your colloquial intention.

Nigeria is not as unique as you lot wants to make it. Economics 101 is a basic premise that works all over the world.

Nigeria doesn't hold the patent on thieving leaders. Nothing that was done in Nigeria is unique.

You can cry yourself to sleep thinking you live in a unique country but you don't. Nigeria needs sensible leaders with sensible plans to pull her out of her sleepless slumber. Unfortunately, that won't happen if you lot jubilate and chant when they use a finger to plug a leaky dam shocked

3 Likes

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Businessideas: 8:12am On Mar 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Very shallow post
Seriously you can do better Mr Armchair Critic
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 06, 2017
orjikuramo:
Oh, should be "an s" cos of the sound right, thanks for the correction, no one is an island of wisdom but Mr ITK, I still insist you will be easily floored in a debate as you always attack people's person without making your point clear.

I can't actually attack a person because we're in a virtual world online. I can debate a point that I find invalid though wink

Anyways, it's not my job to educate you. Others got my point clearly but unfortunately, I can't write gibberish that someone of your level can understand.
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Businessideas: 8:17am On Mar 06, 2017
Gentle2015:

It won't just work my brother. Saving the naira is just a temporary measure. We need to strengthens the naira and not to save. Don't argue with me because it will clearly shows your incompetence
You are clearly incompetent if you can't comprehend those four major factors I mentioned in this order:
1.Rising oil output and sales.
2. Rising non oil sector export forex earnings.
3. Transparency and honest management of public finance.
4. The apparent political will to fight and defeat these unpatriotic speculators.

2 Likes

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by SalamRushdie: 8:20am On Mar 06, 2017
Businessideas:

Seriously you can do better Mr Armchair Critic

The fact you ascribe to reasoning tha suggest the govt of a country that is heavily import dependent with no hope of turning the tables soon due to poor vision , lack of infrastructure and poor electricity generation - the fact you ascribe to reason that support such a govt continue funneling scarce resources needed in other sector just to give the naira a cosmetic value shows poor judgement on your part and smacks of a shallow thought process which is exactly what Buhari is suffering from ( please no insults intended toward you or Buhari )

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by orjikuramo(m): 8:21am On Mar 06, 2017
Smiles, I knew u were gaan run in the end, that's what you ITKs do. Either you've been typing without thinking or someone has been doing your typing before now, it's easy to know you are only good at attacking people n not stating your point clearly.

Do the needful. When u wake up every morning, drink water and tell yourself "today, I must make the world a better place and treat everyone I meet, be it online or offline, with respect.

It helps sir.
Have a great day.

EgunMogaji:

I can't actually attack a person because we're in a virtual world online. I can debate a point that I find invalid though wink

Anyways, it's not my job to educate you. Others got my point clearly but unfortunately, I can't write gibberish that someone of your level can understand.

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 06, 2017
Businessideas:

You are clearly incompetent if you can't comprehend those four major factors I mentioned in this order:
1.Rising oil output and sales.
2. Rising non oil sector export forex earnings.
3. Transparency and honest management of public finance.
4. The apparent political will to fight and defeat these unpatriotic speculators.

Sorry but seriously you sound more stupid than your post. Rising non oil sector export forex earnings? I won't argue with you my dear. I clearly know that you are a kid who knows nothing but copy and paste. Please let it go

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Businessideas: 8:24am On Mar 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:

The fact you ascribe to reasoning tha suggest the govt of a country that is heavily import dependent with no hope of turning the tables soon due to poor vision , lack of infrastructure and poor electricity generation - the fact you ascribe to reason that support such a govt continue funneling scarce resources needed in other sector just to give the naira a cosmetic value shows poor judgement on your part and smacks of a shallow thought process which is exactly what Buhari is suffering from ( please no insults intended toward you or Buhari )
Clearly you are confusing fiscal with monetary policies. I now see where you got it confused.Just brush up your education first before insulting others.
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Businessideas: 8:27am On Mar 06, 2017
Gentle2015:

Sorry but seriously you sound more stupid than your post. Rising non oil sector export forex earnings? I won't argue with you my dear. I clearly know that you are a kid who knows nothing but copy and paste. Please let it go
Really shocked If you spend half of your time to think critically,you will develop better mentally. Do it now that you are still young so you won't end up miserably like your uncles
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by goldman777: 8:28am On Mar 06, 2017
Thank GOD enemies of Nigeria's progress are wailing in losses now.they were jubilant hoarding dollars in tanks and septic tanks.this is just a tip of d ice berg d donald error trump factor is yet to set in.wise investors that have envisaged the future have dumped d dollar longtime ago and invested in gold grin
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 06, 2017
orjikuramo:
Smiles, I knew u were gaan run in the end, that's what you ITKs do. Either you've been typing without thinking or someone has been doing your typing before now, it's easy to know you are only good at attacking people n not stating your point clearly.

Do the needful. When u wake up every morning, drink water and tell yourself "today, I must make the world a better place and treat everyone I meet, be it online or offline, with respect.

It helps sir.
Have a great day.

You're such a sour looser. How do you walk without tripping all over yourself? grin

For sure I'll have a wonderful day but first I need to get a very good nights rest as it's 1130PM here wink

PS: You know all those unrequested and frankly retarded advises that you dished out? You should practice them on yourself as you or your advises are persona non grata with me. You're a nobody, a complete nonentity but I know that you follow me around Nairaland like a lap dog though.
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 06, 2017
Businessideas:

Really shocked If you spend half of your time to think critically,you will develop better mentally. Do it now that you are still young so you won't end up miserably like your uncles

Like my uncles, you say. Ok... Have you heard about NXP before? Let me school you a bit. You might never learn again because I can see you are arrogant. Now let's start somewhere. Do you know what we call NXP?

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by orjikuramo(m): 8:36am On Mar 06, 2017
Lolz, hahahahahahaha, now I see.
Oh my God! I can't even stop laughing now...

Chill! U are even among those Nigerians that once they travel abroad, they see the nation and those still with her as inferior. Oh my!

Now, I sincerely understand.

Anyway, have a good rest but be rest assured that we still have intelligent people staying back to develop the nation.

EgunMogaji:

You're such a sour looser. How do you walk without tripping all over yourself? grin

For sure I'll have a wonderful day but first I ned to get a very god nights rest as it's 1130PM here wink

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 06, 2017
orjikuramo:
Lolz, hahahahahahaha, now I see.
Oh my God! I can't even stop laughing now...

Chill! U are even among those Nigerians that once they travel abroad, they see the nation and those still with her as inferior. Oh my!

Now, I sincerely understand.

Anyway, have a good rest but be rest assured that we still have intelligent people staying back to develop the nation.

The inferiority complex is strong on this one grin

What exactly have you done for Nigeria? Just because you sit there and leech off of her doesn't mean that you are of any benefit to the country.

How much taxes have you paid in the last three years? How much foreign currency have you sent to Nigeria in the last three years? How many Nigerians have you employed in the last three years?

Have you heard that old adage that "they laugh before they go insane"? wink

I requested nor required no wishes from you. Unlike bottom feeders, I stand up like a man and get it done wink
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by buchilino(m): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir, it's simple really.

B4 D END OF D YEAR DOSE CUCUMBERS WILL UNDERSTAND WAT UR SAYING. NO NEED ARGUING SO MUCH.

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 06, 2017
buchilino:

B4 D END OF D YEAR DOSE CUCUMBERS WILL UNDERSTAND WAT UR SAYING. NO NEED ARGUING SO MUCH.

You Sir, are correct.

Off to bed.

Yah all have a productive day at home.
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nellybii: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You can't actually see me but I think I understand your colloquial intention.

Nigeria is not as unique as you lot wants to make it. Economics 101 is a basic premise that works all over the world.

Nigeria doesn't hold the patent on thieving leaders. Nothing that was done in Nigeria is unique.

You can cry yourself to sleep thinking you live in a unique country but you don't. Nigeria needs sensible leaders with sensible plans to pull her out of her sleepless slumber. Unfortunately, that won't happen if you lot jubilate and chant when they use a finger to plug a leaky dam shocked

You are just another typical Nigerian, judging from the way you litter your post with insults. We all know that you guys have looted so much and you have been buying dollars to keep your loot. unfortunately for you CBN still has more dollars than you so let's see how much you can mop up. You wanna play rough? We are balling grin grin
We are determined to ground you people by continuous flooding of the FX market with dollars. Sege!
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 06, 2017
Businessideas:

I gave you close to 30minutes without a response from you. So my assumptions were right. Goodbye kid and don't you ever quote me again. Who knows, you might be one of my staffs kid. Please don't prove me right again. Regards
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by mapet: 8:58am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Businessideas: :

I am not sure your pessimism allowed you to give a honest view. With our daily oil output of over 2.1m barrels of oil and rising exports from recent data, sustained anticorrosion fight in public finance, you will soon realize what terrible fate await you if you are one of the unpatriotic speculators.
Government is clearly not sleeping with it's eyes closed and when the full reality of what Kemi Adeosun said last year hits some of the speculators,they will consider suicide or declare bankruptcy.

It's my opinion.

Trust me, my fate is bountiful riches because I don't depend on one economy. 2.1m barrels at destitute price? grin

I have empathy for you though as you're unable to reason intelligently in a debate, at least in a financial sense. Too bad.

Bros,

I'm sorry, but I find it ironical that your submission betrays the "intelligence" you claim. Except you have other submission you're yet to articulate and argue here, I see no correlation the bolded an the context of discussion....... the undelined part puts it in another perspective though....I dare say chest beating grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by mapet: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2017
orjikuramo:

EgunMogaji: :

It's my opinion.

Trust me, my fate is bountiful riches because I don't depend on one economy. 2.1m barrels at destitute price? grin

I have empathy for you though as you're unable to reason intelligently in a debate, at least in a financial sense. Too bad.
U are the one that lack intelligence in expressing your opinion. except where he mentioned unpatriotic speculators(which is clearly how anyone who states what u did, would be labelled) he never threw a disrespectful jab at your person but there you are, attacking his state of thought.

M certain he would floor you in a debate cos he was clear n concise with his view while you took the easy way of trying to intimidate his person.

It's my opinion

Honestly, this is my exact impression

1 Like

Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Marsnizz: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Nope, you have no way of knowing what research I did.

The policy simply won't work, hence why the naira falls shortly after they pump dollar into the economy in a lame duck manner.
good morning. Are you sure you are a Nigerian or a Nigerian in diaspora . it's amazing if we still have Nigerians who are unpatriotic. be positive in thinking toward any place you called your own.No insult intended but the way you reason baffled me.
Re: Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It's my opinion.

mumu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These 7 Freelancing Skills Can Make You A Millionaire On Fiverr / Productive Business He Can Start With 30K As A Student / Shipping Stuffs From Canada-nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.