Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,612 members, 7,888,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:12 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (500568 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
finbar:
Hi Seyewest,

I would like to know if Qatar airways accepts B1/B2 passengers to the US.

I also don't mind getting any cheap flights to the US, if you can assist please.

Yes they do.... you can fly Qatar Airways to U.S
ping me privately...remember we're in summer, plane ticket is a bit high.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Linsigne(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2021
This group should still be active , please anyone to tell us more things about their experience
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2021
Linsigne:
This group should still be active , please anyone to tell us more things about their experience

I'll have to talk to the student forum to share their POE experience.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Linsigne(m): 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2021
seyewest:

Please do sir . Can i get a link to the student forum
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by megastu(m): 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2021
Most of us have not travelled, many are awaiting fo visa renewals. Remmber, lock downs are only just being lifted.
Linsigne:
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Linsigne(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
megastu:
Most of us have not travelled, many are awaiting fo visa renewals. Remmber, lock downs are only just being lifted.

Alright sir
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2021
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by joeadex(m): 7:30am On Jul 10, 2021
beautyuche:
How did your interview go?
I had my first visa with OTC and plan renewing again.

I actually reschedule the interview to August 9 because Invitation letter is not ready at the previous interview date, so I'll be going for the interview August 9.
What were the questions the VO asked you when you went for your interview then?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jerry8243(m): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2021
Can I get the link to the students forum pls
seyewest:

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 7:56am On Jul 11, 2021
jerry8243:
Can I get the link to the students forum pls

seyewest:

https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/224

Oga, you didn't even try to read the thread at all.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lupara: 11:29am On Jul 14, 2021
Sign up by 31 December 2021 to earn up to 5,000 bonus Qmiles and enjoy exclusive benefits including up to 20% off on flights, extra baggage allowance, complimentary Super Wi-Fi and more. Join today. https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Privilege-Club/student-club-join-now.html?P1=U3k2ZFdlM2t3b1E9&R1=UGJyVlZ1VkJzQWl0OHJya0w3VlhUUT09&iid=ALL22616490

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lupara: 11:30am On Jul 14, 2021
Seyewest,

Perhaps, you'd know students who would love to take advantage of Qatar airways Student Privilege Club...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2021
Lupara:
Seyewest,

Perhaps, you'd know students who would love to take advantage of Qatar airways Student Privilege Club...

Yes the only problem is the flight time.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
Please I need some advice:
Leaving for US next weekend for my studies, PoE is Chicago.

My trip takes about 25 hours in total
- Sunday night(Leave Lagos)
- Monday morning (6hrs later Istanbul) - 1hr layover
- Later same Monday morning (11hrs & 30mins flight to Chicago, US)
- 2 hrs layover at Chicago
- 3 hours later (Monday afternoon) Denver, Colorado.

1. In terms of covid test, would you advise I do it on Saturday or same Sunday the day of departure, considering the 3-day rule for negative test?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
fdecisive:

1. In terms of covid test, would you advise I do it on Saturday or same Sunday the day of departure, considering the 3-day rule for negative test?

Preferably you do the test on Friday so that you can have results handy on Saturday since you are traveling on Sunday. I think that one stands

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kastgeraldino: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2021
Based on the 3-day rule (72 hrs), you should be fine on Saturday. Go to a place that you're sure delivers on time. Sunday would be too risky, unless if you're fine with having high BP

fdecisive:

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
fdecisive:

Go Friday for the test.
Comes out Sat
Expires Monday
Saturday too risky. Labs close early and result may not be ready till Monday.
Sunday not an option. No airline will board you without test result.
The test is required till Chicago, and can still be used to Denver.
You will be required to take another anyway when you arrive Denver

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by kastgeraldino: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
If he goes on Friday, the result would most likely expire before he enters the US

fkj950ax:

Go Friday for the test.
Comes out Sat
Expires Monday

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
kastgeraldino:
If he goes on Friday, the result would most likely expire before he enters the US

When I traveled in November, my flight was a Tues. I did my test on Sat, got it on Mon, arrived US on Wed and I was fine.
I flew Turkish airline also

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
There's nothing like 3 days rule.... Covid test must be taken within 72 hours before your flight... your negative/positive last for at least 5-7 days.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 26, 2021
Thank you all for your advice.
From what I saw at USA CDC website and Turkish airlines website, I think I can take the test not earlier than Friday for a flight on Monday to the USA. The test will be valid for the duration of the trip.
But I will take it on Saturday to avoid unnecessary calculation of time. I contacted 54gene in Lagos and they said I could do it that Saturday and get it same day, but I need to book it ahead and inform them of my need for an expedited test. They charge #54,200.
Pls share any other reliable/affordable testing centre that you know. Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tunapawizzy: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2021
fkj950ax:

Go Friday for the test.
Comes out Sat
Expires Monday
Please why would he be required to take another test at Denver?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 3:30am On Jul 29, 2021
tunapawizzy:

Please why would he be required to take another test at Denver?
I suppose the NG test would be expired then and as he will be joining a school environment, he will need to show that or CVD vaccination.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pufframmy: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2021
...`

Please
POE Transcript Needed for Student Visa
What are the Question Most Ask
please kindly share

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by africana10: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hello all,
I have a question about POE interview…
A family member is traveling to the US next week on a B2 visa that’s going to expire at the end of October 2021. Duration of stay according to ticket booked is 4 1/2 months cause she’s visiting her daughter who is scheduled to give birth in the US.
Will the length of stay present any problems at POE? ( especially considering the fact that her visa is set to expire in less than a month from entry?)
What should her response be if asked how long she is staying for?
Would appreciate your ideas, opinions and suggestions.
Thanks!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2021
africana10:
Hello all,
I have a question about POE interview…
A family member is traveling to the US next week on a B2 visa that’s going to expire at the end of October 2021. Duration of stay according to ticket booked is 4 1/2 months cause she’s visiting her daughter who is scheduled to give birth in the US.
Will the length of stay present any problems at POE? ( especially considering the fact that her visa is set to expire in less than a month from entry?)
What should her response be if asked how long she is staying for?
Would appreciate your ideas, opinions and suggestions.
Thanks!

You when traveling to the U.S one thing you need to note is that there's more than 1 dept/unit in charge of entry into U.S... The Consular and the CBP officers at the Airports or Seaports. For a visa with October expiry date you will mostly get a 6 months extension at the Airport (POE) if there is no problem, which means you must leave the United States before April.
My problem with this is that it will be a bit difficult to get visa renewal, you must have a very good reason for the embassy to renew your visa after overstaying beyond what they gave you at the embassy.
You need to think it through, I will advice you to write the embassy just for information purposes.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2021
We are back ooooo.... Please share your Point of Entry (POE) experience with us to assist others.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by africana10: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thank you for your response.
She got this visa in 2019 and this is her second travel to the US on this visa and the first time she told them at the embassy she’ll be going for 3 weeks. She abode by that timeline and came back to Nigeria exactly 3 weeks later so she has never contravened the rules of the visa.
seyewest:

You when traveling to the U.S one thing you need to note is that there's more than 1 dept/unit in charge of entry into U.S... The Consular and the CBP officers at the Airports or Seaports. For a visa with October expiry date you will mostly get a 6 months extension at the Airport (POE) if there is no problem, which means you must leave the United States before April.
My problem with this is that it will be a bit difficult to get visa renewal, you must have a very good reason for the embassy to renew your visa after overstaying beyond what they gave you at the embassy.
You need to think it through, I will advice you to write the embassy just for information purposes.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Pamelayoung: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
If one has been vaccinated do you still need a covid test to enter US?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 12:48am On Oct 05, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Yes!!!! Also read the rest guideline for the airline you want to use. I know delta is withing three days of your trip.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:14am On Oct 05, 2021
africana10:
Thank you for your response.
She got this visa in 2019 and this is her second travel to the US on this visa and the first time she told them at the embassy she’ll be going for 3 weeks. She abode by that timeline and came back to Nigeria exactly 3 weeks later so she has never contravened the rules of the visa.

If that's the case, she should take note of the duration stamped on her passport when entering the U.S.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2021
Pamelayoung:

Yes, you must take Covid PCR Test before flying Internationally even to Ghana.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.