Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? (1332 Views)

Why Jonathan Is Responsible For Dividing Nigeria Not Buhari - Keyamo / Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders / External Reserves Hit 2017 High At $30.56bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by whywhyogun: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
the first 10 countries with highest suicide rate, 3 african countries among them, from east africa

Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by whywhyogun: 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
nigeria is at 102, among 170 countries, it is not as top as the other african countries,even between china and britain, sounds like ok

Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by whywhyogun: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
look at the countries with high suicide rate, most of them are from africa , compared to them, nigeria is quite lagging behind.

Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by whywhyogun: 4:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
the countries with least suicide rate. all of them muslim countries.

Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by Blue3k(m): 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
Our sense of humour I guess. Second family ties and fact we hardly feel hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by RockHard: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
I noticed that most of the countries with supposedly low suicide rate are Islamic/Middle-Eastern ones, which is a paradox of sorts to me coz na dem no mind to strap up and become suicide bombers. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by olayinks007(m): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2017
Guess Our level of adaptability, perseverance nd tolerance is high compare 2 other countries. Naija suffering nd smiling tinz.
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by pweshboi(m): 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
Committing suicide ain't a Nigerian thing... Who Wan kill himself, for Wetin? Like d poster above me have said SUFFERING and SMILING
I'll have said our belief is there's always a light at the end of the tunnel but that would be disrespectful when I can say there'll be jollof at the end of the party
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by muykem: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
Poor people dey fear death pass anything.
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by pweshboi(m): 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
muykem:
Poor people dey fear death pass anything.
LOL... Rich people wey dey kill there selfs Wetin be the gain...
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by sinaj(f): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
I think our religion plays a role in controlling it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by tolustx(m): 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
The basic reason for this is our religious inclination. Our religions preach hope, faith, a better tomorrow, light at the end of the tunnel, etc. This is why we must oppose those that attempt to incite us against our religion. Know God for yourself and do not appoint a pastor or Imam or prophet as your God-Contractor!
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by TundeBricklayer: 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2017
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by anibi9674: 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
me kill my sef for wetin na. even if work no day I go day manage my mummy thankyou like that till things pure.
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by whywhyogun: 6:13am On Mar 07, 2017
Blue3k:
Our sense of humour I guess. Second family ties and fact we hardly feel hopeless.

I don't agree with you

in west countries, culture is more tolerant, and humane, live is full of abundance, in Nigeria, the relationship among people are rustic and cruel.

it is not the culture thing and family relationship that determine the suicide rate

it is the BORING feeling. in Nigeria, being destitute makes people think of how to live on, in west countries, they are so bored, ennui kills people in a way people in poor countries never understand.
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by ourema(f): 7:57am On Mar 07, 2017
whywhyogun:

I don't agree with you

in west countries, culture is more tolerant, and humane, live is full of abundance, in Nigeria, the relationship among people are rustic and cruel.

it is not the culture thing and family relationship that determine the suicide rate

it is the BORING feeling. in Nigeria, being destitute makes people think of how to live on, in west countries, they are so bored, ennui kills people in a way people in poor countries never understand.
Exactly excess enjoyment to a high peak make life boring. That means there is a reason for our challenges. They make us love and appreciate life.
Re: Why Nigeria Not High At Suicide Rate? by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 07, 2017
I'm sorry if I don't believe this. Why is the United States-of-whatever not in the top 5? And where is Switzerland abeg?

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Tweet About LAUTECH Comp Sci Graduate Who Couldn't Create Comp Folder / Photos Of Dino Melaye In The United States / Coordinator Osinbanjo Is Not The Acting President, And Has No Powers- Adegboruwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.