Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,749 members, 7,930,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:39 PM

Christmas Customs Are They Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Customs Are They Christian? (603 Views)

What Is Wrong With Christmas Customs? / Easter Traditions: The Six Most Unusual Customs From Across Europe / Reverend Father By Saying The Truth Saved Mary Kay Woman From Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by leMuhito(f): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
THE Christmas season is here. What does that mean to you, your family, and your associates? Is it a spiritual occasion, or is it only a festive and merry period? Is it a time to reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ or not to be concerned about Christian norms?

In considering those questions, bear in mind that Christmas traditions may differ according to where you live. For instance, in Mexico and other Latin-American countries, even the name is different. One encyclopedia points out that the English name Christmas "is derived from the medieval Christes Masse, the Mass of Christ." However, La Navidad, or the Nativity, as it is called in these Latin-American lands, refers to the nativity, or birth, of Christ. Take a moment to consider some details from Mexico. This may help you to shape your own opinion about this holiday season.

Continue Reading, www.360naija.com/index.php?topic=208.0
Re: Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by Tudor6(f): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2009
There's nothing spiritual about my xmas. . . .its just happy holidays for me!
Re: Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by Krayola(m): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2009
Christmas is a Secular holiday. Shop till u drop. Just remember me sha. . . I wear/want size ten (adidas shell toes wink ) , and Xl shirts grin
Re: Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by Tudor6(f): 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
^^
Xl? Are you a fat guy?

Infact send me your picture, i'd like to know what you look like cheesy
Re: Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by Krayola(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2009
haha. .  I'm not fat o.

Used to weigh 185 pounds but I lost close to 20 lbs at school thanks to bad eating and marijuana abuse. But I'm back in the gym, and eating like a champ (naijafood) ,and by the end of next month I'll be back to my "original size" .  Na me be this. Don't let your babe see it o . . . she go google me one time begin stalk me for facebook  grin grin
Re: Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by Tudor6(f): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
Fine boi!
Na you just dey resemble 50 cent like this?

Your girlfriend must be enjoying seriously grin grin
Re: Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by Krayola(m): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
haha. storee. 50 cent get millions for bank. . . Girls dey avoid me because I no get money to buy dem Prada  grin grin

Hopefully i go find one innocent born-again babe wey no like money.  grin
Re: Christmas Customs Are They Christian? by Tudor6(f): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
Those kin girls plenty for nairaland na. . . .try grace5 or maykelly see if there's hope.

(1) (Reply)

Men Of God And The Exploitation Of The Poor / One Man Living, Can Take All Nigerian To Heaven, Its Possible O Ye! / Is Stealing A Fruit Of The Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.