Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,679 members, 7,918,158 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:40 AM

Have You Ever Crashed A Car? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Ever Crashed A Car? (4530 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by femionasan(m): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2009
lol!!! The baddest crash i have ever been involved in was in Ikoyi, the famous devils bend. It was december 28th 2001. I parked my car at a friends house and decided to roll in his car with his girl and another dude in a 1988 Toyota camry. We then went to pick up another friend who had a car and i joined him in his Golf Mark II. After hanging out at Wise Ken we decided to hit the island since that was the year 11:45 opened shop. When we got there the crowd was soooo much there was no way we could get in and all the other clubs on the island were practically empty. Then i asked my friend to give me the keys to his Golf cos i had heard so much about the way the Golf speeds. We then Hit Alfred Rewane with my friend in the Camry tryin to catch up with me. Funny thing is as my friend was catchin up in the Camry i changed to the fourth gear and the car takes off like some turbine was installed somewhere and then with a grin on my face i ask my friend if the car is 4 or 5 speed. Anyway i get to the bend and just at the curve the car begins to spin, it then hits the kerb dividing oncoming traffic and flips 3 times and lands right on the drivers side on the wide kerb. The funniest part of the whole story is that the dude apparently stole the car from his house. His mother and brothers had no idea that he went out with car. From that day i never drove a car that did not belong to me.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
The last time i bashed a car was 2001. I stopped driving ever since. Thas was the third time and it was getting too much for me.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by Carlosein(m): 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
i crashed my car in 2006. I had malaria and was on medication. was drowsy but my anty wanted me to drop someone off at a place.

i did, but on my way back one yeye danfo parked blocking the road making another honda cross my path. due to the effects of the drugs, i couldn't guage the distance correctly and thus rammed in the honda. it was at the station that we eventually settled.

thank God that it wasn't too serious. i repaired both vehicles though.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by Hunwa(f): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2009
I had a bad experience of recent. I was driving in an uphill area directly behind a trailer in a narrow road when all of a sudden the trailer starter reversing backwards uncontrollably. the shock of what was about to happen first immobilised me before I was spurred into action. I immediately put my own car in reverse while trying to swerve out of the way at the same time, but the cars and okada behind me constituted a hindrance. Before I knew what was happening the trailer was on my car, pushing it back, with mine also pushing back the one behind and so it continued. the trailer eventually swerved off the road taking my car along in the process untill it eventually stopped after pushing my car against a building by the road. The miracle was that I survived without the merest of scratches. The car was really smashed from front, back and passenger side.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by hackney(m): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2009
Yes, reversed into a lamp post.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by finemocha(f): 11:35pm On Dec 16, 2009
yes, once my twin and i ran over a homeless person on a bicycle. it was horrible we thought he was going to die, but thank fully he didnt. his bicycle was really messed up though.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by chelseabmw(m): 12:41am On Dec 17, 2009
shocked shocked
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by redfred(m): 1:40am On Dec 17, 2009
YES I have. . . Thank God it wasn't too severe! smiley
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by Krayola(m): 5:20am On Dec 17, 2009
I've had more than my fair share of car crashes. Very lucky to be alive.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by olusanmi: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2009
I have been driving since 1995.I have never crashed one and I always pray that I never crash one
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by bobbina(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2009
Nice topic also a lesson to all, never stay too close behind lorries especially wen on traffic or better avoid them entirely ,
I was behind a long lorry early Feb, 2008,shortly after tin-can 1st gate along oshodi-apapa road. that was after 5months i bought my car,while i was going to office on a Saturday, i really gave d guy enof space, and the driver was moving smoothly,but all of a sudden i noticed the lorry was rolling back, i looked around to swap to d left, but there was a curvet which demarcated d two lanes, and to d right was so tight with other vehicles in traffic too, d only option was to reverse, but behind me was another Benz, so i had to reverse, but b4 i could hit d benz guy, the trailer has already crashed my bonnet,thank God it was a jeep, cos it would av climbed the car, in fact i really thank God cos it was a bitter experience,even wen u try to be more careful its either a bike that will into u or danfu bus, i still thank God for His grace. cool cool cool cool
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by samsmart1: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2009
sauer:

Looking forward to crashing one!!! wink

Hahaha, me too.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by NIGboi(m): 2:42am On Dec 18, 2009
haven't crashed a car before. have bashed my bumper once. was pissed and losing concentration. almost ran into the back of a bus. Good brakes are good
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by MrKelly: 11:29am On Dec 18, 2009
My car summersaulted 3 times while we were doing 160km at Lagos Asaba Express way. The car was beyond repair and four of us in the car survived miraculously with minor injuries.

Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by TopeFl(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
I never thot I would have an accident until it happened. I went to drop a family friend off her residence and was headed back home to take a shower and head to work, then a call came through, I lookd down and picked up the phone and in just that 2 seconds or less that I reached for my phone, the pesticide truck ahead of me had braked sharply and I was still travelling at 45mph. I slammed on the brakes and shouted yeeepaa (as I realised that the brakes of my 1990 camry was like stepping on the accelerator), then suddenly everything went slow motion (I swear, lol) I hit the truck, then my hood(bonnet) started crumbling in slow mo too, then i started lifting out of my seat headed towards the windshield and my seatbelt pulled me back also in slow mo, then suddenly everything went fast forward and was thrown violently around in the cockpit of my 1990 camry, smoke started coming out from the sides of the hood, my shin had slammed under the steering wheel but no serious injury (i doubt I had airbags sef). Slowly and painfully I came out of the car and called 911, they said do you need an ambulance, I said no (avoiding that hospital bill as man pikin had no health insurance back then), Police came like 30 mins later and I lerrnt the full story- one guy was racing another guy and swerved in front of the truck and he braked sharply, meanwhile my car was totalled and the truck had just one bent iron. Police gave me $180 ticket for following too closely and towed my car for another $230
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by MUNEER2(m): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
sam-smart:

Hahaha, me too.

One amen for you too!
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by NeroPapas(m): 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2010
Bros,, Sorry say i dey reply late, i no quick see am. Yes I have crased a car b4 and what happened dat night still remain a misery to me,

It happened at about 10:15pm on the 3rd of October 2008, I went to a nearby clinic to take an anti-malaria injection, on my way back i was way normal and on reaching the gate, i was even talking with my friend in the car. I packed close to the gate, honk my horn waiting for the Aboki to open the gate when suddenly, the car ran thru the gate and crashed into the boy's quaters in front. Initially i tot i had killed somebody because we usually sit in front of the BQ but luckily that night, no one was outside.

In the BQ was my neighbor with her barely 2weeks old boy sitting on their couch inside, and becos of the inpact the car had on the BQ outer wall, they both were thrown on the floor inside. The airbag in the car by God's grace prevented us from flying out of the windshield. I struggled out of the car and collapsed. I was rushed to a clinic, got examined and i was proclaimed normal. I asked if i had killed anyone and i told no one was injured, The tory plenty o but make una see the motor and complete the rest.

Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by 1Achiever(m): 10:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
hmmmmmm. October 15 2003, crashed a bmw 3, on my way to jos from abj. was raining heavily, tumbled 2 times and landed wheels facing up, it was not a nice experience,
moral,
1.avoid speed at any cost.
2. never follow another car in front very close saying its a convoy
3. buy a strong car if u can
the most important one is pray for safe arrival before disembarking,
may GOD protect us from accidents and if they must come then may all accidents only affect the cars not the priceless lives in them, amen.
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by Akebulan: 12:41am On Feb 21, 2010
The second (and by God's grace, also the last) one was three days ago. I was driving on the highway when we slid on black ice and i lost control of the car. Wasnt even speeding. The car flipped twice and landed on its side, in the ditch on the other side of the street.

I had a friend in the car. If anything had happened to her, I would have had to live with it for the rest of my life and that would have been really difficult for me.

Whew! Thank God
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2010
nope but I've had mine crashed. see here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-469163.0.html what do you guys think?
Re: Have You Ever Crashed A Car? by adinoyiM(m): 6:36am On Feb 28, 2017
Hunwa:
I had a bad experience of recent. I was driving in an uphill area directly behind a trailer in a narrow road when all of a sudden the trailer starter reversing backwards uncontrollably. the shock of what was about to happen first immobilised me before I was spurred into action. I immediately put my own car in reverse while trying to swerve out of the way at the same time, but the cars and okada behind me constituted a hindrance. Before I knew what was happening the trailer was on my car, pushing it back, with mine also pushing back the one behind and so it continued. the trailer eventually swerved off the road taking my car along in the process untill it eventually stopped after pushing my car against a building by the road. The miracle was that I survived without the merest of scratches. The car was really smashed from front, back and passenger side.

Never tailgate a large vehicle, tanker, trailer or truck. Always be vigilant if you must follow them behind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: 2007 Honda Accord Radio Code Unlocking / The Coolest Car Ever / Converting Peugeot 406 From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive In 9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.