Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,991 members, 7,873,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android (528 Views)

Important Things To Do Before Rooting Your Android Device / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / How To Customize Your Android Launcher Without Rooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by Gsmbasics: 6:44am On Mar 07, 2017
Rooting is sometimes necessary if you know the huge opportunities your phone is open to against the restrictions set by phone manufacturers.

Rooting really helps you to get rid of the restrictions put forward by phone manufacturers and give more flexibility to make modifications as you wish.

But rooting has its own risk. As soon as you root an android phone, the manufacturer no longer supports your phone whether or not it is inside guarantee or warranty time frame. Here are some safety measures to take before rooting Android mobile phone.

1. Backup data

One of the most important of all process is to back up data. Rooting your Android comes along with its own risk. There is always a chance of rooting being not successful despite when it is done by a professional. Just in case if it failed, you might lose out all the data and it might even make your phone unusable. So ensure you understand the risk, have a backup and after that continue with the rooting process.

2. Maintain enough charge in your battery

When you do a rooting, it undergoes a number of processes that includes making changes to firmware and software. This procedure takes a lot of resources and that means a lot of power is drained from your battery. Just in case, if the battery is drained completely during updating firmware, you may find yourself in a situation where you can't start the process from the start or continue where it stopped. It means the phone is completely gone.

Ensure you start a rooting procedure when you have 100% battery charge to prevent the risk.

3. Find out about your Android

Before rooting, be sure you know the Android which is installed on your phone. Simply head to Settings -> About Device -> Software info -> Android version. Find out the Android version. Just in case, if the rooting didn't work, you should know the Android os that was already on your phone to restore it back.

4. Turn off security software

It is highly recommended to disable all security software such as Firewall, Antivirus as well as malware tools. Any time you try to do a rooting process, it will need to make changes to the Android Operating System. The security software's might attempt to block these modifications thinking the adjustments are made by malware. Given that these software's might disrupt the rooting process and even render it useless, it is recommended to turn off or better remove it from your phone before the rooting process.

5. Restore Firmware to defaults

If you are confident to carry on with rooting, it is highly recommended to restore your firmware to default. By doing this, you have a high chance of success when rooting.

6. Understand the rooting process

Even though you are new to the rooting procedure, it is strongly recommended that you understand the process fully before giving it a try practically. Look up relevant books or it is highly recommended to check out related video clips which show the rooting process thoroughly. If you are fortunate, you may even see the whole rooting procedure done on the same model as your phone.

Learn which is the most effective process to root your phone and ways to do it before making the updates.

7. Learn how you can enter recovery mode

Android Stock recovery is a troubleshooting mode in which you can eliminate everything and set up from beginning. This is very important if something bad happens during the process of rooting.

The method to go into Android stock recovery mode is easy. Press the Power button + Volume Up + Home button at the same time.

Hope you see this useful.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/715/some-safety-measures-before-rooting-android.html
Re: Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by eezeribe(m): 6:59am On Mar 07, 2017
Some would prefer...
'some safety measures before manufacturing an Android phone '

We need a shift in Paradigm.
Re: Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by jimi4us: 7:18am On Mar 07, 2017
I gave an expert to root my phone for me last year, and everything went well
Re: Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by RiyaMukati: 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
In the event that you've searching for how to root Android, you've no doubt observed and scrutinized about "establishing" one. At some point countless Android telephones available didn't encounter their potential, and root was the appropriate response. Helpful programming was the standard, applications that you would never use ran wild and squandered information and battery life, and the experience was horrendous all around. There are many root applications for android by which we can pull for android Phones.
So you should learn How to root J7 and how to root j7 without pc.
Re: Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by sajmark(m): 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Even as I have successfully rooted ma phone, I find this very informative. Good one op
Re: Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
sajmark:
Even as I have successfully rooted ma phone, I find this very informative. Good one op
Pls which root application did the job? I have try many without success
Re: Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by sajmark(m): 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
wizzywisdom:

Pls which root application did the job? I have try many without success
kingroot 5.0.1 with good 3g network did the job for me

1 Like

Re: Some Safety Measures Before Rooting Android by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
sajmark:
kingroot 5.0.1 with good 3g network did the job for me
That's great, I'll give it a try!

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Give Me The Best Memory -----my Dubai Trip / Iphone 7 And 7 Plus Cases By Louis Vuitton Start At $1,180 And Go Up To $5,500 / Am In Need Of Xiaomi Redmi 4a or Note 4x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.