Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,222 members, 7,907,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 08:19 AM

Importing Pet Dog From UK To Nigeria - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Importing Pet Dog From UK To Nigeria (1206 Views)

Petlanders .... Say Hello To My New Puppy.. Pet Dog... / Why You Shouldn't Allow Your Pet/dog Lick Your Face / Healthy Pomeranian Pet Dog for Crossing (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing Pet Dog From UK To Nigeria by jimmysqueen(f): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
I have two beloved pet dogs that I wish to bring with me to Lagos in June/July. I've been in touch with the Department of Veterinary and Pest Control Services in Abuja to find out what I need to do and have been emailed a form but its not ABSOLUTELY clear exactly what I need to do.

As you can imagine I'm extremely anxious that I have all the correct paperwork in place to ensure my animals are released at Customs with no problems.

Does anyone have recent experience of importing a dog and can explain the procedure to me?

TIA

1 Like

Re: Importing Pet Dog From UK To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
Get them pregnant before you come. The black ones pups will sell for 200k easy. I will buy.
Re: Importing Pet Dog From UK To Nigeria by egorov(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2017
There's a guy here on nairaland, Jado or something. He imports dogs. I hope I mentioned the right moniker so he can come here
Re: Importing Pet Dog From UK To Nigeria by atoleybaba(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
Contact jado
Re: Importing Pet Dog From UK To Nigeria by jimmysqueen(f): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thanks for the advice. My dogs have been neutered as they are pets and I don't want to breed from them. They are called cockapoos and are cocker spaniel/poodle crosses. Very popular in Europe and USA as they don't shed their fur.

I will try and find Jado!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2yrs Old Male Pedigree Rottweiler For Sale / At Last! Welcome My Puppy / Some Body HELP Me My Puppy Is Not Eating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.