Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,530 members, 7,937,527 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc (985 Views)

7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job / Entry-level Jobs At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) - 12 October, 2015 / PWC Recruitment For Experience Banking Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by Focusmind: 12:44am On Dec 16, 2009
My friend got a scholarship through the OPEC FUND FOR INTERNAIONAL DEVELOPMENT(OFID) for a masters degree in Petroleum Engineering at the University of British Columbia, Canada. He currently works with PWC. He is contemplating whether to take up the offer and quit his job or continue with PWC. He is scared about the present rate of unemployment. I have already, adviced him to take the offer that I did same when PTDF offered me scholarship. I had to resign from my work. His program would be starting on 6th January,2010 and he has not made up his mind whether to call it quit with PWC. He is an engineer and have qualified as a chartered accountant with PWC.
Re: Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by fellabrims: 11:42am On Dec 16, 2009
, (thinking), He should take it to the Lord in Prayer, That's the best place to seek answers:
As humans that we all are, I'll gladly go for the scholarship offer. Your friend still has more prospects even leaving PWC for another job here in Naija, so having an advantage with a scholarship is a upper edge to his portfolio. Do you know what he'll be "delibrating" in 2years time with the likes of NNPC, Mobil and Shell?,
PLEASE, do GRAB the offer!
Re: Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by Focusmind: 11:49am On Dec 16, 2009
Fellabrins, thanks for your reply - thank God he is even here with me reading your reply. He has worked for PWC for 3 yrs. His fear is not able to get job when he graduates considering the recession. But I have told him to take up the offer. OFID is a great scholarship. Upon the scholarship ,OFID would still be paying him $600 Canadian dollar every month for upkeep and allowance.
Re: Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by sulad82i(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2009
My response might be bias. I am currently studying accounting at the University of Maryland, USA. I'm looking forward to an offer like that seriously cos I value contributing to Nigeria's economy with my education. If I was in his shoes, I will take the offer with smiles from molar to molar grin. PWC does offer benefit you wont get in Nigeria, coupled with the Canadian environment. Its a price you can paid for in Nigeria. Think of the opportunity cost involve personally, and also see yourself as contributing to Nigeria's economy and not consumed by it.
Re: Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by fellabrims: 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
Focusmind:

Fellabrins, thanks for your reply - thank God he is even here with me reading your reply. He has worked for PWC for 3 yrs. His fear is not able to get job when he graduates considering the recession. But I have told him to take up the offer. OFID is a great scholarship. Upon the scholarship ,OFID would still be paying him $600 Canadian dollar every month for upkeep and allowance.

So, go grab it!
Its fellabrims. (no offence) wink wink
Re: Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by jaybee3(m): 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
his he aware of the employability of that degree in Canada?
if he his so worried about recruitment once he completes his degree then why not just ask him to take a career break from PWC.

I am quite sure he had get a job in Canada upon completion of that course
Re: Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by Liss: 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2009
Focusmind:

My friend got a scholarship through the OPEC FUND FOR INTERNAIONAL DEVELOPMENT(OFID) for a masters degree in Petroleum Engineering at the University of British Columbia, Canada. He currently works with PWC. He is contemplating whether to take up the offer and quit his job or continue with PWC. He is scared about the present rate of unemployment. I have already, adviced him to take the offer that I did same when PTDF offered me scholarship. I had to resign from my work. His program would be starting on 6th January,2010 and he has not made up his mind whether to call it quit with PWC. He is an engineer and have qualified as a chartered accountant with PWC.

I totally agree with you. I would accept the scholarship so fast, my head would spin! The truth is you might not be coming back from Canada if you got very good grades and got a job in one of their oil companies over there especially considering your 3 yrs experience with PWC, a multinational company!

. This decision is God made in my opinion o!It's not like you would be struggling to get money for your upkeep na, and you will be get you Master's degree free of charge! Hmmmmmmm,

Well sha, person way no get head na him get cap, lipsrsealed
Re: Taking Up A Scholarship And Quiting Pwc by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2009
Hmmm, I was in your friends shoe about 4 months ago when i was given full scholarship to study petroleum engineering and geosciences at Tu Delft with upkeep allowance of about 1000euro monthly. Initially, I was relunctant becuase i was working with one oil servicing company in PH but thanks to people advice. I have to take study leave without pay for two years to honour the scholarships. U know what? Barely 4 months to my program, I have been interviewed by Statoil, with other numerous oil company flooding Tu Delft. My brother, please tell your friend to speed up and take the scholarship. Life is all about risk! and this risk is worth taking!, All the best

(1) (Reply)

After One Year, Hrindexx Calling For Zain Call Centre Agents. . . Again! / Recruiting Firm In Abuja / Vacancy Needed In Dubai Now! This Is The Best Opporunity Ever Given To You To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.