Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Recession: 3 Nigerian Banks Set To Take Over Etisalat Over N541.8 Billion Debt - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Recession: 3 Nigerian Banks Set To Take Over Etisalat Over N541.8 Billion Debt (660 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal / The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation / Moderately Cheap Android Phones You'd Want To Buy In This Recession. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: 3 Nigerian Banks Set To Take Over Etisalat Over N541.8 Billion Debt by Bluvbytee(m): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2017
Recession seems to be biting everything at its sight. Etisalat Nigeria appears to be the latest victim.

Three Nigerian banks are allegedly set to take over the management of one of the top-4 telecommunications company in the country, Etisalat NG, due to a debt of N541.8 billion incurred by the company.

According to reports, Etisalat had secured a loan facility estimated to be $1.72 billion (about N541.8 billion) in 2015 from an association of some foreign and Nigerian banks that includes Access Bank,
Guaranty Trust Bank and Zenith Bank.

Etisalat Nigeria which started its operation in 2009, had obtained the loan to fund a major network rehabilitation and to expand its operational base within Nigeria.

Etisalat is using the current recession as an alibi for its failure to pay the loan. The banks affected by the predicament have dragged the telecommunication company before the two regulators involved, the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, for banking sector and the Nigerian Communication Commission, NCC, for Telecommunication sector.

Etisalat has been admonished to request for a bankruptcy status in order to surrender the company to the banks.

NCC was said to have approved the takeover of the company which is to take place today.

http://www.tellforceblog.com/2017/03/recession-3-nigerian-banks-set-to-take.html

Re: Recession: 3 Nigerian Banks Set To Take Over Etisalat Over N541.8 Billion Debt by pussyponder: 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
I still don't understand how Nigeria Cockroaches survive inside Microwave, Gas cooker oven etc. You will be warming food and you will see them walking inside like Shedrack, Meshack & Abednego. Maybe They Also Serve A Mighty God. KoYeMi. Anybody with an explanation?
Re: Recession: 3 Nigerian Banks Set To Take Over Etisalat Over N541.8 Billion Debt by bobo65(m): 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
pussyponder:
I still don't understand how Nigeria
Cockroaches survive inside Microwave, Gas
cooker oven etc. You will be warming food and
you will see them walking inside like
Shedrack, Meshack & Abednego.
Maybe They Also Serve A Mighty God.
KoYeMi. Anybody with an explanation?

Lolzzzzz

At d topic
I was thinking it's Glo dat would be d victim
No wonder everything about eti is expensive
Them dey try gather money to clear their debts

1 Like

Re: Recession: 3 Nigerian Banks Set To Take Over Etisalat Over N541.8 Billion Debt by Milo30(m): 10:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
Its a really nasty situation

(1) (Reply)

Australia Sues Apple For Disabling Iphones Repaired By 3rd Parties / Please How Can I Unlock My Smile 4G LTE Modem / Weird Stuff You Should Know About The Galaxy S8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.