Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,142 members, 7,880,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

Keep Quiet Or I ’ll Leave You, Mother Tells New-born Baby, Then Disappears - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Keep Quiet Or I ’ll Leave You, Mother Tells New-born Baby, Then Disappears (1178 Views)

I Understand People Can Be Paid To Keep Quiet / Interesting Facts About A New Born Baby / I Need A Name For My Newly Born Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Quiet Or I ’ll Leave You, Mother Tells New-born Baby, Then Disappears by ngcompass: 5:27am On Dec 16, 2009
Nurses at Medway Hospital, Obalende, Lagos are still surprised by the cold-hearted way in which a mother who they claimed seemed to care little for the wellbeing of her baby, maltreated the baby who was less than a week old.

As a matter of fact, as at press time, the said baby no longer had a mother to call upon. This is because, after days of threatening to abandon the little baby each time the baby girl cried, the 25-year-old mother finally made good her threats by crawling out of the hospital unnoticed, leaving behind the poor girl.

The mother, who was named as Uche Believe, was eight months pregnant when she walked into Medway to register for ante-natal care. Workers in the hospital said that nothing in her manners suggested to any one of them that the young woman would later abscond, leaving her baby to the care of total strangers.

“She had seemed genuinely in need of help and all we wanted to do for her was to make sure she had a safe delivery,” a nurse at the hospital said.

The medical director of Medway Hospital, Tuyi Mebawondu-Olowu, said on November 24, 2009, when Mrs Believe came to the hospital, she was told that some tests needed to be conducted to ascertain her and the baby’s health status. The woman was said to have agreed and promised to attend the clinic regularly as expected. Curiously for the hospital workers, the woman never did.

Dr. Mebawondu-Olowu, a medical doctor with over 20 years of experience, narrated the events leading to the woman’s mysterious disappearance.

Read Full Story on
http://www.compassnews.net/Ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36525:keep-quiet-or-i-ll-leave-you-mother-tells-new-born-baby-then-disappears&catid=38:life-a-style&Itemid=689
Re: Keep Quiet Or I ’ll Leave You, Mother Tells New-born Baby, Then Disappears by Akebulan: 8:16am On Dec 16, 2009
Um,  post partum psychosis? post partum depression? crazy woman? sick in the head? lack of social support? i dont know,  all i know is, i'd take that baby sad

and give it to someone who would take care of it

lipsrsealed
Re: Keep Quiet Or I ’ll Leave You, Mother Tells New-born Baby, Then Disappears by donjon: 2:34am On Dec 17, 2009
Where the husband?

(1) (Reply)

If God Should Give You A Blank Signed Cheque. How Much Will You Write On It? / Brandnew Casio Exilim Digital Camera For Sale At A Reasonable Price / Tayo Aderinokun Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.