Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,421 members, 7,920,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:59 AM

Studying In America And Will Like To Work In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Studying In America And Will Like To Work In Nigeria (652 Views)

As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? / TOP 5 Nigerian Oil Servicing Companies You May Like To Work In / Would You Like To Work In Oceanic Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Studying In America And Will Like To Work In Nigeria by sulad82i(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2009
I remember back then that employers pay more money to workers who studied abroad. I know the system is changing in Nigeria now and we have lots of home schooled fellow Nigerians that are actually better than some of us studying in America. My Question, does employers still favors applicants that studied oversee? And if they do or do not, what is the worth of a skilled Accountant, I mean annual salary and what other benefits, if any is the person likely to get?
Re: Studying In America And Will Like To Work In Nigeria by babyx(f): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
@Poster
You are correct, everybody has an equal opportunity in the job market irrespective of where you are schooled. Employers in 9ja actually gun for experience on the job rather than paper qualifications (which is still an add advantage).
Accountants here earn well, it depends on the sector they are offering their services to. The services of an accountant is still valid here. Some earn btween 900k - 1.2 per annum depending on the level and the sector. Chief Accountants (Financial controller or Finance Manager) earn on the average btween 1.2 - 2.5 per annum. All these earnings are driven by experience on the job factor and the sector of employment, it can higher or even lower.
Re: Studying In America And Will Like To Work In Nigeria by sulad82i(m): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I guess i have to really look into it very well cos over here, accountants can make up to 7 million naira annually and potential for increase is there too. I hope to decide in some years cos I'll need to build my experience first.

(1) (Reply)

Part Time/full Time Vacancy With Very Attractive Benefits / Lawyers/corper Lawyers Needed. / Interesting Vacancy For Head Of Hr, Corporate Services And Admin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.