Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Is It Me, Or Is, Fela Kuti The Greatest African Musician To Ever Live? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is It Me, Or Is, Fela Kuti The Greatest African Musician To Ever Live? (526 Views)

US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" / Is One Million Naira Enough For A Talented Upcoming Musician To Blow? / Fake Awards For African Musician? How Can Someone Got International Award Whi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Me, Or Is, Fela Kuti The Greatest African Musician To Ever Live? by KingSango(m): 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
Fela Kuti is so damn excellent in his music composition that I can't imagine anyone being better than Fela. His music is solely based upon talking instruments not just that they have a powerful messages. The horns don't just keep a melody and rhythm but constantly change in pressure, intensity and pace. This man was a master musician. I do realize that many of his songs start with instrumentals playing for an extended period before the lyrics begin, he and his wives sing later, but its worth the wait. If one listens to his instruments they are talking! Fela Kuti has so many fine, fine, songs that even the ones that aren't that great are overpowered by his huge collection of great and powerful hits. I mean the man pissed off the Nigeria Army because of Zombie and they killed his mother in their tantrum rage. Fela was a Pan African in the music field, he was a preacher of utopia, his words spit fire through the speakers. If there is an musician greater than Fela I would love to hear them because I might be really missing out. I mean I don't know, I'm just becoming familiar with Nigerian music, which is so much better than Rap/Hip and Jazz/RNB. The poly-rhythms of Africa just greatly surpasses the four count music of America. From what I hear African music always uses radical counts. Can anyone share? Is there any musician out there greater and more talented than Fela Kuti?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6ouP7qRoQ

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NEW!! Watch Big Brother Naija Star Bisola Sing Gospel...and Wows Fans. / Where Is Tekno Miles? / Kizz Del (give It To Me)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.