Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,255 members, 7,887,734 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:02 PM

Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself (589 Views)

SAD: 3 Pictures That Will Define The Fall Of The Naira In This Era / Nine Ministers Who Will Define Buhari’s Presidency (photos) / It Is Difficult To Define Corruption, Most Youths are Unemployable-Rotimi Amechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by Beaf: 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
Our thoughts are moulded by our experiences. . .

What do you think about malaria? I confess to have been beaten by an aspect of this simple question. Will you get it 100%?

This is not a trick question, but the interpretation of the answers you give might shock you.
How much of our thought processes are free? How many are auto-suggested? How many are due to prejudice?

[size=14pt]Hint: your perception of politics will bear similar colours to your thoughts on malaria.[/size] grin grin grin

Please answer honestly [/b]and [b]completely, you might get to know the real you and be better for it.
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by netotse(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2009
Beaf:

Our thoughts are moulded by our experiences. . .

[size=14pt]Hint: your perception of politics will bear similar colours to your thoughts on malaria.[/size] grin grin grin

source please!
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by Beaf: 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2009
^
Its no trick question.
Something like "malaria is no big deal" or a much longer essay will do.
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by SapeleGuy: 12:05am On Dec 17, 2009
^^^ May be but it's far too cerebral for the politics section.

Elite parasites or the tiny minority spoiling it for the vast majority spring to mind.
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2009
Let me try. tongue

Malaria is a deadly disease and the highest cause of children fatality in Africa. I think the best way for the eradication of the disease is through the the elimination of mosquitoes. tongue
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by puskin: 12:56am On Dec 17, 2009
Thoughts about Malaria vs. perception about Politics.
mMm. . .still wondering what ur up to.
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by nduchucks: 2:32am On Dec 17, 2009
i wonder wettin dis beaf of a guy have up his sleeves this time.

when me i think of malaria, i wonder why after oyibo people use de chemical DDT to take eradicate de disease for overseas, dem come tell us say DDT dey cause cancer and DDT no dey readily available again.

in de maintime, mosquitoes fit use ya body as buffet for overseas, and you no go catch malaria.  wey WHO and de other UN organizations? why dem no help us eradicate dis ting once and for all? in fact, wey all nigerian doctors wey know about dis ting, why dey too no fit speak up?

anyway, de real reason why our mosquitoes still dey carry malaria, na because of oil and all de gas flare wey de happen for naija delta.  dem don africanize and harden de mosquitoes finish.   

ehr, all na because of northerners  cheesy
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:41am On Dec 17, 2009
Malaria is caused by a parasite known as plasmodium which is transmitted to humans via a bite by an infected mosquito. In the Nigerian political context, the plasmodium which we have been infected with is corruption and untill we clear our system of the plasmodium via an intensive antimalarial (anti corruption) treatment, we as a nation shall be perpetually down with political and economic malaria. Remember that malaria causes stagnation and is highly fatal.
Re: Malaria - What Do You Think? Define Yourself by Beaf: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2009
@netotse
Chai! You are a typical naija!

@puskin
I'm not up to anything, honest grin.

@ndu_chucks
We can't rely on oyibo people to eradicate mosquito's in our own backyard na. The solution lies in govt commitment and the way we view indegenious solutions such as http://desertification./2008/06/25/nigeria-opuntia-sap-to-eradicate-mosquitoes-google-allafrica-daily-trust/
Outside natural solutions like the above, best way to eradicate mosquitos lie in biotechnology or genetics (make them infertile or remove the ability to carry plasmodium or re-engineer the plasmodium parasite).

. . .And if "all na because of northerners", I go carry one gas flare and some crude oil drinking mosquito's come drop for ya side. grin

@topic
This is no trick thread, lets lighten up, the holidays are here.

(1) (Reply)

Fg Unwilling To Make Desired Change In Nigeria - Usa. / I Will Not Negotiate Anambra Treasury — Soludo / Why Are We "nigerians" Afraid Of Change?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.