Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:51 PM

The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) (26974 Views)

Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit / The Road Leading To Otuoke, Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan's Village (Photos) / The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Casablanca22: 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:
I schooled at d brown 5-storey building showing in one of those pics. Ohanku has been reconstructed many times and stiil no way. D last time i was around there a life was lost during d construction.
I told my classmates den and am still saying it today so many years after.
So many blood were shed on that road only second to ngwa road Junction. So many thieves were burnt on dat road including someone who only stole maggi. In as much as there was a time aba needed to purge themselves of thieves but so many thieves whose action were not worth death were burnt on those roads.
Until something spiritual is done they can construct dat road a thousand times it will go back to dat state. Aba has so many blood on their hands and dat city require spiritual purging
Objection Mr man.. Please dont say what you dont know. There is nothing spiritual about the road. I was born and brought up in Aba. There is a track road beside that market you are seeing in the picture: it leads to my parish : St Johns Catholic church. Ohanku Road has been in that State before Bakassi boys started their stupid killing. The problem is no drainage, all the gutters are blocked.. Also the constructors that handles the road, does it any how. no quality construction. so when rain comes, it will wash everything away.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by nonsobaba: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:
I schooled at d brown 5-storey building showing in one of those pics. Ohanku has been reconstructed many times and stiil no way. D last time i was around there a life was lost during d construction.
So many blood were shed on that road only second to ngwa road Junction. So many thieves were burnt on dat road including someone who only stole maggi. In as much as there was a time aba needed to purge themselves of thieves but so many thieves whose action were not worth death were burnt on those roads.
Until something spiritual is done they can construct dat road a thousand times it will go back to dat state. Aba has so many blood on their hands and dat city require spiritual purging
If I was the one that said this, some persons would have started war here. Am glad that real Abians are confirming that their state is a mess that needs both spiritual and physical deliverance. I will advise you guys to start by reversing the incantations that put Abia state in bondage when Orji Uzor Kalu stripped T. A. Orji naked to give him a spiritual bath.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by zionmade2: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
Casablanca22:

Objection Mr man.. Please dont say what you dont know. There is nothing spiritual about the road. I was born and brought up in Aba. There is a track road beside that market you are seeing in the picture: it leads to my parish : St Johns Catholic church. Ohanku Road has been in that State before Bakassi boys started their stupid killing. The problem is no drainage, all the gutters are blocked.. Also the constructors that handles the road, does it any how. no quality construction. so when rain comes, it will wash everything away.
Believe dis or leave it. I said dis same thing over 15yrs ago. Until aba decides in unity to come in mass and cry out to God for mercy nothing will change drainage or no drainage.
If u re a Christian den u shud be in a good position to understand d spiritual implications of killing and burning people irrespective of their crimes

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Lordave: 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
puremind1:

This is an eyesore! Aba is the worst zoo i ve ever seen .Over to Onikuje of Kuje prison. If the so called the most commercialized town of the yeast can be like this,then one wonders how their eldorado Biafra would be. The way the ojukwus develop other places one would think their towns would be better. Nonense chest beating buffoons.
Mynd44 and Lalasticlacla kindly go through this mans' posts and do the needful.

He's been littering the forum with ethnic jargons, Rule 2 and 3 applies here.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Casablanca22: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

D same company dat constructed other roads in aba dat is still standing today has constructed dat road. Dat road has been constructed more dan 3 times since i knew it. It doesn't even last for 2 months.
I have been there bro. I know exactly wat am saying. Visit those vicinities where most thieves were burn, d roads get damaged almost immediately they are constructed.
Ulasi, dikenafai, danfodio all comes to my mind
Guy all these areas you mentioned are my area.. where you born in Aba? when did you come to Aba?I had my primary education at Danfodio road primary sch. ( Azu Stadium). I have lived at danfodio rd, Ulasi, Ngwa rd, Aja rd, Dikenafai and other places. All this road has been constructed more than 3 times by poor constructors. The only good road in Aba are the one constructed during the time of Governor Mbakwe: the thickness cannot be compare with the once being constructed now( only sand and oil )...
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by zionmade2: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
Casablanca22:

Guy all these areas you mentioned are my area.. where you born in Aba? when did you come to Aba?I had my primary education at Danfodio road primary sch. ( Azu Stadium). I have lived at danfodio rd, Ulasi, Ngwa rd, Aja rd, Dikenafai and other places. All this road has been constructed more than 3 times by poor constructors. The only good road in Aba are the one constructed during the time of Governor Mbakwe: the thickness cannot be compare with the once being constructed now( only sand and oil )...
Wen was clifford, ehi road, market road and azikiwe (d parts from by east downwards). It was during OUK time. He did it together witb Ndoki, danfodio, ulasi, ngwa road. Why are d first sets of roads i mentioned still standing perfectly till today while d second set are all gutters now?

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by explorer250(m): 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
op I don't know why you guys are not patriotic to Igbo land but enjoys washing our dirty linen in the public.
firstly that road does not lead to enyimba stadium. secondly that road doesn't lead to the residential 10%of the entire population. thirdly that place is around the outskirts of the city. fourthly the road is not the doing of abia state govt because it is a federal road and the state government has rehabilitate it up to three times but it spoil after sometimes because of poor work,the federal government just needs to spend quality money and resources to repair the road.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:

Are u high?
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Casablanca22: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
musicwriter:
So, Ohanku Road is still like that? Since I was a kid going on holidays to Aba, that's exactly how it has always been.

And I have a plot of land down there, near Umu Nkama primary school. It've been long, I don't even know the value now.
Hahaha... If people wey get land come out, so you go follow come out?.. Umu nkama na where people wey no get money to pay house rent dey run go live...
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by musicwriter(m): 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
Casablanca22:

Hahaha... If people wey get land come out, so you go follow come out?.. Umu nkama na where people wey no get money to pay house rent dey run go live...

When you add some age you'll realize that's the kind of place investors buy property and watch it mature in future.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by sekavbasil: 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
The road is Jonathan's legacy.

Ipob hero. grin grin grin
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by explorer250(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
zionmade2:
So many blood were shed on that road only second to ngwa road Junction. So many thieves were burnt on dat road including someone who only stole maggi. In as much as there was a time aba needed to purge themselves of thieves but so whose action were not worth death were burnt on those roads.

lol. I schooled at that place shammah Christian college) during my jss1 that was when the owner was kidnapped!

my second time of seeing a dead body in my entire life was on that road when we were coming back from the secondary sight (moluwa, that big long vehicle,I am sure you can relate) I saw a guy burnt to death for stealing a bottle of palm oil which was worth less than 50 naira. throughout my one year on that road at least I saw 5 different dead bodies on different occasions.

you are right to some extent. I remember that road btw our lady of lords and st Anthony hospital always spoiling after repairs until "something" was done.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by zionmade2: 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
explorer250:

lol. I schooled at that place shammah Christian college) during my jss1 that was when the owner was kidnapped!

my second time of seeing a dead body in my entire life was on that road when we were coming back from the secondary sight (moluwa, that big long vehicle,I am sure you can relate) I saw a guy burnt to death for stealing a bottle of palm oil which was worth less than 50 naira. throughout my one year on that road at least I saw 5 different dead bodies on different occasions.

you are right to some extent. I remember that road btw our lady of lords and st Anthony hospital always spoiling after repairs until "something" was done.
Tnx bro nice to meet u. I was in Js2 wen dat event happened. Most people dnt know dat spiritual things rule over d physical. Aba needs liberation from d blood on their hands

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by B2mario(m): 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
KevinDein:
After spending a couple of years in southern Nigeria and having toured the country, I seriously lmao whenever I read comments like "that's why the north are not developed" from most nairalanders who I'd assume are southerners. I mean the south itself is just as undeveloped. So that statement amuse me to no ends. grin

I dare say it's extremely rare, almost impossible, to find such an eyesore in northern Nigeria.
Yes, because there is little or no rainfall.

Despite that, south is far developed and civilized than north. In South it rains almost everyday with short dry season of 2-3months
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
explorer250:
op I don't know why you guys are not to Igbo land but enjoys washing our dirty linen in the public.
firpatrioticstly that road does not lead to enyimba stadium. secondly that road doesn't lead to the residential 10%of the entire population. thirdly that place is around the outskirts of the city. fourthly the road is not the doing of abia state govt because it is a federal road and the state government has rehabilitate it up to three times but it spoil after sometimes because of poor work,the federal government just needs to spend quality money and resources to repair the road

you are right to some extent. I remember that road btw our lady of lords and st Anthony hospital always spoiling after repairs until "something" was done
U even 4got to mention dah dat road does not in any way lead to Emeka Wogu's house. Am sure the OP does not even stay in Aba
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
explorer250:
op I don't know why you guys are not to Igbo land but enjoys washing our dirty linen in the public.
firpatrioticstly that road does not lead to enyimba stadium. secondly that road doesn't lead to the residential 10%of the entire population. thirdly that place is around the outskirts of the city. fourthly the road is not the doing of abia state govt because it is a federal road and the state government has rehabilitate it up to three times but it spoil after sometimes because of poor work,the federal government just needs to spend quality money and resources to repair the road

you are right to some extent. I remember that road btw our lady of lords and st Anthony hospital always spoiling after repairs until "something" was done

U even 4got to mention dah dat road does not in any way lead to Emeka Wogu's house. Am sure the OP does not even stay in Aba
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by ransomed: 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
It is a natural lake and it will be perfect for aquaculture. The spirit of Ochendo global is still at work in Aba.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by psalmsjob: 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
If you live here you can be forgiven if you call Nigeria a zoogrin but we will have to let you know that this is peculiar to the y-east so the proper adjective should be south y-east the zoo of Nigeriagrin

Petty trading is not the same as industrialization nor a SME parsay.

No wonder they all want to come to Lagos & Kano etc.

I'm waiting for you chest beatersgrin

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by InvestinOwerri(m): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
All these hungry bloggers and their negative stereotype of Aba just so they could ride on the age long held perception of Aba as being filthy with bad roads. Fyi, you op, Ohanku is not the access road to Enyimba stadium, in fact there are several roads that leads to the stadium. Secondly, almost every city in Nigeria, including Lagos & Abuja has such neglected areas with bad roads, flood and filth. I"ll name such places if you want. I am not defending mediocrity or our useless politicians nationwide, rather the op should stop washing dirty pants in public while others do theirs in the closet and appear ok.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Activityj(m): 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2017
I cry for aba
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by InvestinOwerri(m): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2017
explorer250:
op I don't know why you guys are not patriotic to Igbo land but enjoys washing our dirty linen in the public.
firstly that road does not lead to enyimba stadium. secondly that road doesn't lead to the residential 10%of the entire population. thirdly that place is around the outskirts of the city. fourthly the road is not the doing of abia state govt because it is a federal road and the state government has rehabilitate it up to three times but it spoil after sometimes because of poor work,the federal government just needs to spend quality money and resources to repair the road.
I stopped reading his trash of a post, the moment he said that Ohanku road leads to Enyimba stadium and Ohanku road is also home to 10% of Aba residents! That guy must be a york escapee! Aba is a large city with hundreds of roads criss-crossing it & Ohanku is no where home to even 0.001% of Aba residents! Rubbish and misleading post.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by postemail: 12:07am On Mar 12, 2017
zionmade2:

D same company dat constructed other roads in aba dat is still standing today has constructed dat road. Dat road has been constructed more dan 3 times since i knew it. It doesn't even last for 2 months.
I have been there bro. I know exactly wat am saying. Visit those vicinities where most thieves were burn, d roads get damaged almost immediately they are constructed.
Ulasi, dikenafai, danfodio all comes to my mind
Thieves were also burnt on Azikiwe, ehi, umungasi and many other roads. There isn't any correlation between jungle justice meted out on these roads and the poor state of the roads. We should not be spreading ignorance. From the photo, it's obvious the drainage system on this road is blocked and sand-filled. Water pool on any road damages the road... This is a no brainer.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Originalsly: 12:27am On Mar 12, 2017
EternalTruth:
the guy mentality just baffle me.. chai so one big fish was responsible for this sorry state of road..
hmm too much of spiritual belief isn't good
The guy may not be alone with that kind mentality.... maybe he just repeating what is popular belief in that area... and as such they would never blame the governor and others for the terrible roads.... it's spiritual. ...maybe another fish or some snake has to be found and rooted out before any good road can last for more than a few months.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by EternalTruth: 12:34am On Mar 12, 2017
Originalsly:
The guy may not be alone with that kind mentality.... maybe he just repeating what is popular belief in that area... and as such they would never blame the governor and others for the terrible roads.... it's spiritual. ...maybe another fish or some snake has to be found and rooted out before any good road can last for more than a few months.
I wonder what orji uzor kalu and Theodore Orji where doing when they were in power
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by dom(m): 12:46am On Mar 12, 2017
puremind1:

This is an eyesore! Aba is the worst zoo i ve ever seen .Over to Onikuje of Kuje prison. If the so called the most commercialized town of the yeast can be like this,then one wonders how their eldorado Biafra would be. The way the ojukwus develop other places one would think their towns would be better. Nonense chest beating buffoons.

Lol. U need not quote me before u make ur typical infantile nairaland comments that reign here nowadays. I can't join issues with u. Abeg find ur mates.
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by wisenewgem(m): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2017
oga no need to go spiritual in this matter nah? Just invite Julius berger and award the contract for the dualization of the road and let's see the spirit that will stop bulldozers and excavators from working

May God bless you and your entire generation my brother
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 12:04am On Mar 13, 2017
zionmade2:
just close that ur brownish mouth
Re: The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) by jzee4edu: 2:21am On Aug 09, 2017
The thing is that some people who comment here don't know Ohanku road very well or may not live around the vicinity or within Ohanku itself.. I was brought up around the vicinity of that road you are seeing in that pics, and I remember vividly the good old days of that road, I was also a student of that brown 5-storey building called Shammah Christian intl school. I was one of the pioneer seniors of the school(hint). I remember when Ohanku was still in its solid state. everything was going well, I remember I used to enter bike N30 from Ngwa road to were I will stop around the Ohanku vicinity, I was a full member of that environ,i lived,grew up, schooled in that environ, it is one of the best environment you can ever grow up in, it brings out the best in you... today by the grace of God I am a mechanical engineer, and I stand today one of the proud products of that environment You See in that pic, that is my area, that is my ogbe you people are seeing in that pics, am still proud of that area till tomorrow, if Ohanku can produce an engineer like me, and of which I know there are other great men and women out there who had come out of this environment, if Ohanku can produce this great men and women why let that environment die just like that? we are evident of the fact that great things can come out of Ohanku, great men and women, we are evident of the fact that Ohanku if harnessed well and if well taken care of will go on to produce men and women who will be great and who can change our nation and the world at large... am quite sure it must have come to the notice of the state government to the plight of the people in that area and the state of infrastructures in that area... to be frank with you my family still stays there, but may be planning to move out if worse comes to worse. but it hurts me that we will move out Cos that place you see have been like a home from home to me. am only pleading with the state government,if it warrants that we will send delegates to Umuahia with clips or pics of the state of this road, it will be a better way to get this to the heart of the state government, this is too much to bear, please state government please I beg you with God, commissioner for works Abia state we are begging you to please look into this area of Aba and let's see how we can help the people living in this area, is like a burden to us, to tell you the truth I have not been there since 2013, and that means I haven't gone to visit my family since then dia of the state of this road. if I may suggest I will say the best way to tackle Ohanku road is not whether spirit or no spirit,whether they killed someone there or not, it is not the first road with stain of blood, the beat way to tackle Ohanku road is to dualize the road, all those buildings close to the road has to be sacrificed and let the road be widen more and this will enable it have a better, deeper and stronger drainage system, because one of the problems of that road is drainage system, with the dualization and bigger and better drainage system and coupled with quality materials for the construction, Ohanku road will breath a sigh of relief once more, it is still our area and Am proud of it till tomorrow, I came out from there and today am somebody by his grace and I know in time to come many great men and women will also come out from there if the government can help make it conducive for them now, please to whom it may concern let them get this to the notice of the state government and let the government know the plight and also know that there are human beings living in those areas... Infact @Chucks Wisdom Cee thank you so much for this wonderful write up, may God bless you for the good work, I wish there is a way we can form a delegate and take the bull by the horn and go to that Umuahia by ourselves and let the government know the true state of things down there and the plight of people living there. but nonetheless you have done well and let's pray the state government will come to our aid. God bless all Ohanku dwellers, God bless God's own state, God bless Nigeria!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money / Malami Asks Supreme Court To Dismiss State’s Lawsuit On Naira Redesign / Osun Election: Why PDP Leaders Protested At INEC Headquarters – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.