Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,108 members, 7,916,230 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:30 PM

Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State (67071 Views)

Photos Of Corper Ugwi Mary Martha Killed At AAU Graduation Party / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Burial Of Corper Who Drowned While Swimming In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Hoodfriend(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Ogun, him villages people finally get him....hhmmnnn rip
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Missmossy(f): 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
God this is too painful embarassed
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by drfav(f): 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
hmmm..this is serious o..after the stress of graduating from OAU..chai..village witches there is God o
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by golamike: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
abdulaz:
I am so guilty of this, always placing my laptop on my lap to enable me type and work fast.

But laptops are supposed be finished with plastic casings though. Just saying

Lesson learnt.

Always place something like a text book on your lap first then place the laptop on the book.

RIP Bro.

That it's called a laptop doesn't make your lap a table. The solution isn't to place a book between d laptop and ur lap but to use a table instead. If the book gets burnt, how will those laps be speared??

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Irenenoble1(f): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oh my God!
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by chukzyfcbb: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
Genea:
it doesn't work dah way for electric shocks, rather your body becomes incapacitated more like paralyzed wen experiencing this
like someone said, most parts of a laptop are made with plastic, even if the was the charger of the wire that burnt and got in contact with his body, the current passing through the wire wouldn't be enough to kill him.

if it was that easy, people would be dying daily from house electric shock. a better explanation needes

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
I'm sorry but I don't believe that this is a simple case of electrocution.

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by adecz: 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
Youth of this age, beware.

New technology also brings new ways to die.

RIP Mr. Corper!!!
cry cry cry

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by 1metre: 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
buygala:
I have nothing to say smiley

But

Endtime laptop cry
you must be one of those wild being roaming the street. U need basic life skills to emancipate from acute mental slavery
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by MARKETfund: 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
what happened to reflex action. I mean the moment our body senses fire burning our skin or we feel electric shock. our body respond with the speed of light to that effect. this was the basis of reflex action that was taught then at sec school, I don't believe this tho. someone should explain better

Your submission would have been in order had it been it's just "burn" but his case I guessed is electrocution. If you've been to the far north by this time the temperature usually shoot up to 45-50 degrees. Now with such weather condition in the event of no light and even a.c to could your room most electronics are electrically charged and might reach a fatality point should they come in contact with a good conductor of electricity (in which case his body comes to mind).
It's unfortunate really.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by naturefellow(m): 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
abdulaz:
I am so guilty of this, always placing my laptop on my lap to enable me type and work fast.

Lesson learnt.
but that's the reason it is called a laptop in the first place. I work with a laptop on my lap whenever there are no flat tops as a work desk. And most of the time I do not have it plugged in while working this way. There's where the main danger lies; having a charging laptop especially on bare thighs. Case of tragic electrocution often arise as result of perspiration build on skin which can short-circuit the system. I always take caution ⚠ not to allow this to happen.

R.I.P bro!
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by bizzibodi(m): 8:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
How did he earth?if on his bed his feet not touching d grd?Sw sorcery!
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by gonkin(m): 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
You guys are just talking electrocution. Laptop may range from 9 to 24volts.
If you look at the sore on the thigh. I feel its blood poisoning from the li-ion battery of the laptop. Not to mention the materials contained on a silicon chip board

3 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by JastSiryin(m): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
what happened to reflex action. I mean the moment our body senses fire burning our skin or we feel electric shock. our body respond with the speed of light to that effect. this was the basis of reflex action that was taught then at sec school, I don't believe this tho. someone should explain better
Bullshit! Who ever told u dat quick reflexes could escape every occurrence. Last I checked electricity moves @ the speed of light.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by hahn(m): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2017
abdulaz:

Lesson learnt.

Always place something like a text book on your lap first then place the laptop on the book.

RIP Bro.

I always use a pillow
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by maasoap(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
Genea:
it doesn't work dah way for electric shocks, rather your body becomes incapacitated more like paralyzed wen experiencing this
Good one. Besides that, he was sleeping at the time.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Laple0541(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
So pathetic, may God grant your family members and love ones to bear the loss.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by danpossible(m): 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
#R.I.P[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by gameboyo: 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

like someone said, most parts of a laptop are made with plastic, even if the was the charger of the wire that burnt and got in contact with his body, the current passing through the wire wouldn't be enough to kill him.

if it was that easy, people would be dying daily from house electric shock. a better explanation needes
It's not possible for him to die from laptop explosion. Most commenters are ignorant of this.
The laptop gets its source from DC (direct current) through its charger which serves as the converter. So what amount of voltage passed through d charger to enable the shock to occur? I feel something is wrong somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by gameboyo: 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2017
MARKETfund:

Your submission would have been in order had it been it's just "burn" but his case I guessed is electrocution. If you've been to the far north by this time the temperature usually shoot up to 45-50 degrees. Now with such weather condition in the event of no light and even a.c to could your room most electronics are electrically charged and might reach a fatality point should they come in contact with a good conductor of electricity (in which case his body comes to mind).
It's unfortunate really.
It's impossible. This is a DC source for goodness sake
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by spartoo: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
Young03:
May God console his family n accept his soul in purgatory

there is no place like purgatory
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
RIP never block the vents under the laptop or to the side they cool down the CPU which can get very hot during use. It's most likely the perspiration and the humidity that caused the explosion my thoughts are with his loved ones
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by blont(m): 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
...and d maye promised to pay d next day, mtcheew! 2much sad story in this. RIP to d dead.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Toks2008(m): 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Nic3:
Na wa o! what kind of laptop electrocution is this?

There is more to this.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by africanman85: 9:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
You guys are really confusing us. Is it explosion or electrocution ? If it is electrocution, it looks strange to me but if it is explosion, it is 100% possible because fake batteries can explode anytime.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by waldigit: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
More so, let us learn important technical lesson from this event. I expect a situation where enquiry is set up by govt. on this. The findings should be made public for members of public to be educated. Knowledge is power that can prevent people from perishing.
For now I can advice that we should maintain minimal contact with our devices when they are being charged. A circuitry breakdown between bridge rectifier and transformer in the power supply system can send wrong output to the device. This I have experienced once in my exploits with the world of IT once.
Thanks.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Alphasoar(m): 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
brunofarad:
shocked

So laptop sef don dey explode,

Oyibo yaf kill us finish

NEXT TO START EXPLODING MAY BE LCD TV
When it come to technological devices, none is self and more now with extreme market and sale competition by technological companies.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by louisilva: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
Am I the only one who noticed the pictures dont add up? you the first pix is blurred to hide the face(with likely injuries on the face) the second is clear with no injuries. Are you this desperate to post news?

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by Saintmary(f): 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
electrocution occurs in about 0.02 seconds, long before the human wakes up. Anyone using a laptop with a metallic body should just get a plastic casing. Electricity is a good servant but a dangerous master. RIP to the dead.
Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by akblings(m): 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
akigbemaru:
NYSC is a fraud!
wetin concern NYSC wit wetin happen

Re: Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State by waldigit: 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2017
adecz:
Youth of this age, beware.

New technology also brings new ways to die.

RIP Mr. Corper!!!
cry cry cry
You are the only that has talked so far. Our generation shall continue to pay dearly for ignoring the value of knowledge until we change our ways.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male Corper Slumps And Dies In Lagos (Photos) / Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.