Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:48 AM

The Positives Are Right In Front Of You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Positives Are Right In Front Of You (343 Views)

Maybe The Pastors Are Right / AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / Atheist Are Right After All.my Eyes Have Open!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Positives Are Right In Front Of You by hisunfailinglov: 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
‘Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to the Lord for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Ephesians 5 vs 20

For some reason I really don’t feel like writing anything at all today. I ran a very fast 5km this morning and consequently knackered myself out completely; so much so that I went back to bed after I showered. As soon as I woke up the Holy Spirit reminded me that I needed to write Sunday’s message. I complained bitterly, begging Him to give me the weekend off, but he was having none of it; leading me instead to the above verse. And once he did so, I realised today’s message is just as much for me as it is for anyone else.

The current economic climate is gruelling to say the least. So much so that it isn’t at all strange to get home on most evenings feeling mentally and emotionally battered and bruised – hence not only going to bed feeling discouraged and demoralised, but often waking up in the middle of the night in sheer panic.

But one usually finds that if one takes a step back and looks objectively at one’s situation, the positives are more often than not staring one in the face.

For me last Tuesday was a perfect example. The day had gone well, and based on some big things in the pipeline the outlook for 2017 was looking positively bright. But at 5pm a transaction I had been hoping to conclude didn’t quite go according to plan. Consequently, over the next hour or so my mood darkened as a result of focussing on the one negative of the day as against the many positves. By the time I went to bed I felt as though the entire universe was conspiring against me.

As I’m sure you can well imagine, getting up early the next day to spend time in praise and worship wasn’t altogether appealing. Indeed it was the last thing I wanted to do. But on the Holy Spirit’s instruction I did as I was told. After singing a few songs He told me to thank Him for all the wonderful things he’s doing for me. Still feeling upset and sorry for myself, my immediate reaction was – “Sorry? Thank you for what exactly??’. And then he showed me.

“Thank me for….., and for……, and…….., and for……., and………”. This list was loooooong. And by the time he finished the huge smile on my face no doubt resembled that proverbial cat that never fails to get that sumptuous cream. The dark mood had gone completely.

Isn’t it amazing how much we fail to recognise or appreciate the many wonderful and amazing things God is doing for us??!!

My good friend Lilian gave an excellent metaphor a few days ago – pointing out the Israelites’ lack of faith and gratitude to God, despite being rescued from captivity in Egypt and crossing the red Sea. Indeed, as she said, God performed so many miracles for them, and yet they kept forgetting – failing over and over again to appreciate the Lord’s kindness. So much so they started worshipping gods of gold, silver, bronze, and even wood.

Crazy isn’t it??!!!

And yet not too dissimilar to how we behave today.

Lighten your mood today by spending some time in Praise and Worship; and as you do so the Holy Spirit will show you the many great and wonderful things God is doing in your life.

I know you probably don’t feel like it. But just sing a few songs of worship and praise, and He’ll do the rest.

http://www.hisunfailinglove.org/2017/03/11/positives-right-front/

(1) (Reply)

Homily Recipe For The 2nd Sunday Of Lent, Yr A 2017: Listen To Him / Do You Grasp / Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilise Global Response To Threat Of Ban In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.