Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,115 members, 7,899,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

Letter To The Soon To Be Medical Houseofficers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Letter To The Soon To Be Medical Houseofficers (655 Views)

Scary Times For Banks Temporary Staff - GT Bank Letter To Staff / Newly Registered Nurse, Soon To Be A Graduate, Internship & Masters/worki Abroad / My Informal Letter To Yahoo Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Soon To Be Medical Houseofficers by tiemedoks(m): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
I'm really sorry things have gone from bad to worse
I'm sure you woke up with a heavy heart
Thinking it's the second month in the new year and your miracle isn't here yet

As much as I hate to say this but the truth is a number of us get our miracles delayed while some others may be acute, a good number may be sub acute

Don't get bothered

Here are a number of solutions

Using myself as a example
In your process of searching never write off any hospital facility. People tend to forgo state hospitals and move to federal. It's not the best for those who want to acquire skills
It may not fetch you money immediately but it gives you a very broad net to catch your fish later in quantum

Always explore all facilities in your own state of origin before fanning out. A good number of times people travel far and wide seeking a job that is available back home. Nigeria is a country suffering from chronic supportive tribalism and discrimination.
Wherever you find yourself they ask you where are you from say for example lagos they ask you your local government your sublocal government region, name 20 people that have died from your local government just because you claimed you are from lagos and want a job at lagos Hsc. It's quite unfortunate that things have gone this worse employers prefer to employ an incompetent doctor that is from thier state than a more qualified one but they are quick to blame biafra....hence explore your state of origin and be prudent about it

In your process of selecting never consider money as a decision factor. The plain truth is that houseofficers are used up like condoms and toilet roll literally and get paid peanuts but the only good thing is you are progressing

No where is too far bro, just try you never know just try most often this works. Thr more you wait and dash oppurtunities away the search gets tougher more doctors are in thr pool and less jobs

Many of you make the mistakes of reading textbook and all manner of stuffs no you have read medical stuffs all your years read more of current affairs you find out an average medical doctor passes the screening exams and does badly in oral exams because he doesn't know what is happening around him the examiners are very aware of this hence they ask ridiculous questions like where is thr president today, who stole the highest amount of money from Nigeria etc

Take heed beware of Federal character commission. Cast your hope on God I have much to say about this but let's just pretend I don't and move on
Beware of hospitals that give you part 2 residency questions they are suffering from a disease called malignant disqualification syndrome. In other words they already have a list and want everyone to feel you didn't pass thr exam move on
Beware of hospitals that sell forms at ridiculous prices. Any form more than N5,000 is not fair hence if you will buy please make sure your provability of getting picked is greater than 70%

Interact with people this is the stage where you need it stop forming stuffy it doesn't help anyone.
Ask for past questions and formats exams take each facility has its own exam format. In and facility somewhere adjacent to a rock you are as goner if you don't have a sound knowledge of civil service

Lastly while waiting offer a volunteer service I know it is difficult but try. This provides you with experience and far better than sitting at home doing nothing

The hunt is a serious issue it is not bad if you fast and pray for some days in the week and pray that God should help you especially if you don't know anyone. But please mind you don't fast on examinations or interview days

I believe these will help......
I pray for you this morning may your struggles turn to stories

In conclusion when you finally get a job start charting your plan for your future if you like let the rope of residency in Nigeria enter your neck. I wish you all well

Good morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Soon To Be Medical Houseofficers by delana(m): 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
Thanks for this , was quite helpful , am actually a final year mbbs student . I have a question sir, what are the pros and cons of working in a general hospital vs teaching hospital. Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (Reply)

English Diction Training / Think Contribution By Dr. David Oyedepo / 13 Undeniable Ways To Get Sh*t Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.