Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,106 members, 7,890,676 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court (7972 Views)

Is PDP Sharing Mobile Phones As A Campaign Strategy? / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by otukpo(f): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2009
The only reason am happy with this judgement is that it is going to finally bury the remains of Uba brothers 10ft down.

Uba political dynasty shld be dead and shldn't be any hope of revival for it.

Now i know, the contest is between Ngige and Soludo.
Ngige is good but Soludo is not too bad an alternative.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by tems777: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2009
Please visit us at www.naijasquare.com and register.
We have amazing features in stock.
Kind Regards.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by igboboy1(m): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2009
tems777:

Please visit us at www.naijasquare.com and register.
We have amazing features in stock.
Kind Regards.

gini ne me gi? post this spam somewhere else
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by igboboy1(m): 11:11am On Dec 18, 2009
Prince 08:

Here comes the African Dubai-Taiwan grin

No be beans, Na by mouth?
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by olisa07: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2009
PDP may be a wrong party for him

But Soludo is the right Candidate for the job!
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by rbn: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2009
otukpo:

The only reason am happy with this judgement is that it is going to finally bury the remains of Uba brothers 10ft down.

Uba political dynasty shld be dead and shldn't be any hope of revival for it.

Now i know, the contest is between Ngige and Soludo.
Ngige is good but Soludo is not too bad an alternative.

I agree with you. Uba needs to be dealt with, imagine thinking he can always have it his way. As of Soludo, i dont know why he decided to go into polities, just hope PDP will not rubbish him.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by blackasia: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
the tittle of the film is the trial of prof.soludo. chapter 1 decion to be govnor, chapter 2 the kidnap of his father. chapter3 the immaturity of the apex court. chapter 4, the supreme court destroy appeal for soludo , this is the end of part 1, part 2 will be out soon
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by babypalm: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2009
What else do you expect, i can never sense any good thing coming from a PDP gorvernment
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by calyx: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
But i wonder why the supreme court is always controversial. Is it not the same court and the same people that handled the Amaechi vs Omehia case? Why give a different judgment? Omehia was a consensus candidate, same was Soludo. I guess Hillary Clinton knows Nigeria better than us (Nigerians).

Omehia's name was substituted against Amaechi's name. Soludo's name was not! Thats the difference. The law is not amala!
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
calyx:

Omehia's name was substituted against Amaechi's name. Soludo's name was not! Thats the difference. The law is not amala!

Thats correct

Amaechi's name was replaced with Omehia after Amaechi had won the PDP primaries.

In Soludo's case he emerged as a solution to procedural logjam in PDP. Soludo at the time was also the leading candidate.

Besides the Supreme Court has not endorsed Soludo's candidacy because the Supreme Court recognises the sanctity of the right of parties to choose its flag bearers. All the Supreme Court is saying on this occassion is that the Appeal Court had no business granting an exparte order when it is yet to determine whether it has jurisdiction over the matter
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Bokoharam: 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2009
I wonder why people are rejoicing. Are we rejoicing that his appointment was democratic? Are we happy dt PDP dt frudulently fielded him has bn doing well in governance? R we happy that corrupt Soludo, who turned d banking industry into a laughing has left a good legacy in that subsector? Are we celebrating that we do NOT know that UBA sacked yet another set of hundreds of staff ystdy? This is outside Zenith, Intercont, Oceanic, Spring etc sacks and paycuts in others. All these are happening bc he left charf & shams as legacy. Now, to correct the system, heads are rolling and poor employees are suffering.

Nobody should misunderstnd me, I hail Soludo's consolidation effort. But he became corrupt, covering all sorts of evil and conniving with those rogue-MDs to streal and drain the system. His regulatory system was flawed with either corruption or inability detect sharp practices. He plotted illegal acquisition of Spring Bank by PHB, which has been corrected. He plotted the ouster of Finbank non-executive directors to pave way for Okey Nwosu to take over the bank. This you couldn't have read in the paper. He did a lot of unthinkable things. He is corrupt; very corrupt. I will say it again, and again.

I am not from Anambra; I am nt a politician either. But, I knw Anambra needs somebody who has d interest of Nigeria (Anambrarians) at heart. I think that person should be b/w Peter Obi and Chris Ngige, who we have tested and found better. Soludo is still a god-son of PDP, and OBJ who everybdy sees as evil - at least with unfolding events.

Anambra pple shld cast their votes wisely. Or still remain in perpetual obscurity and terminal oblivion.

Bokoharam has spoken
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
Bokoharam

spend more time to read widely before forming an opinion
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Bokoharam: 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2009
mikeansy:

Bokoharam

spend more time to read widely before forming an opinion

Educate me is you can. Tell me any of my points u disagree with and why and u may influence my opinion. It is not enough to counter; it is more than enough to say why you say so. For goodness sake, no part of Nigeria is FOR SALE! Whether by Trade by Barter or substitution from CBN Gov to Anamb State.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Bokoharram

You talk abaout Soludo's nomination not being democratic. And then your prefered candidates are Obi or Ngige

Please advise us on how these other candidate's nomination were in your view democratic
I mean advice us on how Obi and Ngige were nominated in a democratic process

When you are done defending this point I will present other holes in your previous post
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Meldrick(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
Good News and a big shame to all the Uba Supporters.
This is Victory for Democracy.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
Bokoharam has run away.

You people one to have one rule for soludo, another for others

it wont work.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Bokoharam: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2009
mikeansy:

You talk abaout Soludo's nomination not being democratic. And then your prefered candidates are Obi or Ngige

Please advise us on how these other candidate's nomination were in your view democratic
I mean advice us on how Obi and Ngige were nominated in a democratic process

When you are done defending this point I will present other holes in your previous post

Are you saying that Obi was not righfully elected in Anambra State? Talking about Ngige. I think it's time we learnt our lessons. Anambra suffered a lot in the hands of god-fathers during d time of Mbadiju. That took them steps back; they r just recovering. Again, when Ngige came, OBJ and PDP wanted to do d same. Tnk God 4 dt born-again criminal. I did also mention dt he has bn tested. D avg Anambra person would prefer an Ngige. But I respect Obi for something. I have heard Anmbra pple discuss dt man. His only sin is dt he refuses to throw about money as many govs do in Nigerian political arena. Some told me he runs Anambra as tho he is running his personal biz b/c he guards the funds jealously. Tell me, dont we thing Nigerians needs pple dt will guard our resources (be it money & infrastrusture) jealously as if they are their personal belongings? Tell me, Have pple nt suffered enough?
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by blackasia: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2009
THE TITLE OF THIS FILM IS THE TRIAL OF PROF SOLU, ENJOY THE CLOWNS, BLOWS , TWIST grin
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by blackasia: 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
THE GAME IS NOT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER, SOLUDU
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Bokoharam

that is not the question. I will recap the question once again and paraphrase to make it clearer in case you did not understand it.

Obi has been nominated once again by his party APGA to fly their flag in the 6 February 2010 guber election. Was Obi's nomination democratic? Was it anymore democratic than Soludo's? Please tell us how and Why?

Ngige is the flagbearer of AC for Anambra Guber election 6 February 2010. Was his nomination democratic? also advise us how his nomination was anymore democratic compared to Soludo's?

Please all of the nomination took place in the last 2 months. I am disinterested in what happened in 2007.

We are talking about party internal democracy and the nomination of Soludo for Anambra 2010 elections. In your previous post you have singled out Soludo to question his nomination process. Please advice us on how that is a fair assessment in the light of the questions above?
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Bokoharam: 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2009
mikeansy:

Bokoharam has run away.

You people one to have one rule for soludo, another for others

it wont work.

I didnt run away. U can c I replied. I tot it went eearlier.

If Soludo is your relative & u r writing based on sentiments, pls let us know. Obviously, Nigeria is d only place ur father will b a thief, ur mother a criminal, your siblings murderers & yet you keep quiet. One day, they will turn around & kill u. We shldnt habour criminals; personally, I cant. It pains me that we dance abt when it favours us & change dancing steps when it doesnt favour us. The truth is, we cant continue 2 leave this power in d hands of killers and corrupt set of recycle dragons. Change must come by. It bothered me so much in 2006/2007, during d 3rd term debacle, when America was calling "CHANGE, CHANGE, WE CAN BELIEVE IN" which saw Obama in power; and Nigeria was saying "CONTINUITY."

My brother, I say, LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!! LIGHT in all ramifications and let the PEOPLE REJOICE FOR ONCE!!!
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by calyx: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2009
wonder why people are rejoicing. Are we rejoicing that his appointment was democratic? Are we happy dt PDP dt frudulently fielded him has bn doing well in governance? R we happy that corrupt Soludo, who turned d banking industry into a laughing has left a good legacy in that subsector? Are we celebrating that we do NOT know that UBA sacked yet another set of hundreds of staff ystdy? This is outside Zenith, Intercont, Oceanic, Spring etc sacks and paycuts in others. All these are happening bc he left charf & shams as legacy. Now, to correct the system, heads are rolling and poor employees are suffering.

Nobody should misunderstnd me, I hail Soludo's consolidation effort. But he became corrupt, covering all sorts of evil and conniving with those rogue-MDs to streal and drain the system. His regulatory system was flawed with either corruption or inability detect sharp practices. He plotted illegal acquisition of Spring Bank by PHB, which has been corrected. He plotted the ouster of Finbank non-executive directors to pave way for Okey Nwosu to take over the bank. This you couldn't have read in the paper. He did a lot of unthinkable things. He is corrupt; very corrupt. I will say it again, and again.

The good thing is that I have noticed that people that make these kind of comments are GROSSLY uninformed. You cant in a blanket manner posit that soludo is either corrupt or connived with bank MDs.

You have not shown in the slightest sign that you have been following up with unfolding events in the banking sector. I sincerely think more Nigerian should read more. This is the genesis of our continuous basking in commatose!
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by calyx: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2009
If Soludo is your relative & u r writing based on sentiments, pls let us know. Obviously, Nigeria is d only place your father will b a thief, your mother a criminal, your siblings murderers & yet you keep quiet. One day, they will turn around & kill u. We shldnt habour criminals; personally, I cant. It pains me that we dance abt when it favours us & change dancing steps when it doesnt favour us. The truth is, we cant continue 2 leave this power in d hands of killers and corrupt set of recycle dragons. Change must come by. It bothered me so much in 2006/2007, during d 3rd term debacle, when America was calling "CHANGE, CHANGE, WE CAN BELIEVE IN" which saw Obama in power; and Nigeria was saying "CONTINUITY."

My brother, I say, LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!! LIGHT in all ramifications and let the PEOPLE REJOICE FOR ONCE!!!

@ bokoharam

The only credit i give to you is that you write good english. However, it will pay if you use your head more!
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2009
calyx:

The good thing is that I have noticed that people that make these kind of comments are GROSSLY uninformed. You cant in a blanket manner posit that soludo is either corrupt or connived with bank MDs.

You have not shown in the slightest sign that you have been following up with unfolding events in the banking sector. I sincerely think more Nigerian should read more. This is the genesis of our continuous basking in commatose!

I was waiting for him to finish up the nomination debate before I tackle him on the Bank
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Bokoharram

Thanks for your change message which I agree with

But you still have not answered my previous question?

How is Obi or Ngige's nomination any better to Soludo's
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Bokoharam: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2009
mikeansy:

@Bokoharam

that is not the question. I will recap the question once again and paraphrase to make it clearer in case you did not understand it.

Obi has been nominated once again by his party APGA to fly their flag in the 6 February 2010 guber election. Was Obi's nomination democratic? Was it anymore democratic than Soludo's? Please tell us how and Why?

Ngige is the flagbearer of AC for Anambra Guber election 6 February 2010. Was his nomination democratic? also advise us how his nomination was anymore democratic compared to Soludo's?

Please all of the nomination took place in the last 2 months. I am disinterested in what happened in 2007.

We are talking about party internal democracy and the nomination of Soludo for Anambra 2010 elections. In your previous post you have singled out Soludo to question his nomination process. Please advice us on how that is a fair assessment in the light of the questions above?

How many pple r opposed to Soludo's ticket? How many pple r against Obi/Ngige? I think dt s wht democracy is all about.

Meanwhile, u hv continuously bn shying away 4rm d allegations of Soludo. Perhaps, I shld do a "Class action' with your brother below:

calyx:

That is why I'm begging u 2 educate me the more. I do not shy away 4rm knwledge & learning. In know I m nt a box of knwldge. In fact, on d contrary I take myself as still trying to learn.

Probably, smbdy will b saying: "Conspiracy, takeover, Conspiracy, takeover!!!" Be that true or not. We r judging based on facts on d grnd. Were there no heavy debtors, were there no bad debts, were there not unprofessional and unethical practices?

Further more, were there regulatory authorities to oversee bank activities? What did they do? Did they police the banks d way it shld have been? Whose duty was it to do so? When signs were all over, that the GLOBAL FINANCIAL MELTDOWN was here in 9ja, did somebody say "Nigeria was immune to meltdown?" Who said that? Did the person commence early recovery plans to salvage d economy 4rm crashing? Did u think if he had, things would hv gone this way? Our banks kept living in d euphoria of d bubbles created. Now d true pix is finally out, what is the consequence? Banks are no more lending, b/c somebdy looked d other way while warning signals came. Banks r sacking staff and slashing salaries b/c they can no longer carry d cost. Families r suffering. Pple r psychologically incarcerated. The economy hs worsened, and ALL HAPPENED 'DURING THE TIME OF PONTIOUS PILATE!'.

Please, let's call a spade, a spade.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
so you new definition of democracy is now the number of dissidents or lack of it?
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Bokoharam: 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2009
mikeansy:

so you new definition of democracy is now the number of dissidents or lack of it?

Mike, my dear,
Democracy is a game of numbers. Do u hv any issue with dt? Pls, educate me too on this!

Even if we go by your "Dissidents" Theory, wht makes democracy is d number of mad men in the land of crazy pple dt elected an insane leader.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2009
Democracy is a game of numbers. correct.
But None of these leaders were voted for in a credible primary election.

What makes a credible primary elections is, you have a laid down rules, anounce the laid down rules and invite people to come and take part in the process, announce a date for the process, invite party members to a debate and their plans for the party, conduct primary elections and only then announce the result of the process.

AC went on a bus tour of Onitsha, confirmed Ngige there as their candidate, and then conducted a congess to announce him as the party choice. no one else was even given a chance to participate in the process. that there is no one interested in challenging the illegality of this process does not make it democratic.

APGA Candidate Obi was effectively voted by 2 people. The man who nominated him, and the Umeh led faction chairman who accepted him. There was no process whatsoever. Emeka Etiaba who attempted to take part in the process was hounded out of the party for only signifying interest. Now if you want to also call that democratic then their is a problem. That there is no one confident enough to take APGA to court has not made their process anymore democratic.

So educate yourself of the issues at stake before you comment on these things and use the word democratic.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2009
@ Bokoharam

On the issue of Banking. The last decade or more was a time of Financial Boom in the Banking industry worldwide. This Boom was fuelled by innovative activities like 'Securitization'. Some Financial experts have written about this phenomenon with the Governor of the Bank of England describing the era as an era of enourmous 'search for yield' while professor Markus Brunnemeier of Princeton University in New Jersey describe it as what he called 'Originate and distribute' which replaced conservative banking processes. Yes the period was a period of high risk taking worldwide and Nigerian banks took part in those high risk taking in our quest to compete with others in the global economy.
Our Banking industry grew at the time, depositors were more confident in the safety of their deposits, we digitalized our banking system a lot better, created more jobs for youths through the banking system. But because we tried to integrate and catch up with the rest of the world, we were bound to have a piece of the pie when things go wrong.

The sub-prime mortgage crisis which led to the global financial crisis did not affect Nigeria per say. However the consequent fear of the unknown led to foreign investors taking their cash off our system in what has been described as a cash flight.
When the Financial Crisis hit, countries like UK engaged in things like Bank Recapitalization in their quest to stem the crisis. It is important to note that at this time Nigeria had already recapitalized in our consolidation exercise, this particular truth led to other countries wondering whether Nigeria foresaw the crisis.
But what you can not necessarily control before hand is the reaction of things like the stock market in the face of such cash flight and lack of investor confidence worldwide fueled by nothing else but protectionism and fear of the unknown.

However, when things go wrong it is imperative to ask questions and assess how you can do things better? It is called CONTINUOS IMPROVEMENT. It was Soludo who in the face of the global financial crisis and its impact in the Nigeria financial system initiated an audit of Nigerian Bank activities at the interbank and their credit profile. It was this same audit which Soludo instigated that Sanusi has used for his so called reforms. Yes maybe Soludo may have dealt with the outcome of his report in a different way and may not necessarily engage in militant grandstanding with the Banks. It is also instructive that Sanusi has not put any blames squarely on the doorsteps of his predecessor in fact he has come out to defend Soludo in the face of a blackmail in what some want to call polymer-gate.

The recent revelation by the Bank of England that they had secretely bailed out the Royal Bank of Scotland in 2008 is instructive of how serious countries deal with these problems in their financial system. The CBN Governor does not necessarily have to be at war with the Banks. The last time I checked the number of Bank Chiefs you sack is not a macro-economic index. Let us hope and pray that Sanusi succeeds in his approach to things. But that there is need for reform does not necessarily mean the years past has been a failure. It just means we have to continue to improve. Mervin King the Governor of the Bank of England, and Ben Bernanke the Federal Reserve Chairman who presided over their central banks at the time when these crisis hit have not been tied to a stake and shut dead. They have not even seen the very viscous personal attack which Soludo has faced. In fact they have been kept on at the centre of the efforts to resolve the crisis. Please let us not crucify Soludo for Nothing. Dr Mansur Muhtar the Finance Minister has said it repeatedly that we did not bear the full weight of the global financial crisis because our financial system went into the global finanacial crisis a very formidable system. All this is down to Soludo’s work as CBN Governor.

Anybody who believes that Sanusi could save a melting Bank by simply standing on a pulpit to announce the sack of 5 Bank chiefs as well as announce cash injection which evidence showed was not immediately needed or used by the Banks simply will believe anything. We need to improve, I hope Sanusi continue to lead the effort to make those improvements but the last 5 years have not been a failure. We don’t need to throw the baby with the bath water just because of politics.

Soludo is the Best CBN Governor so far. I hope for the sake of Nigeria Sanusi surpasses his records in due course.
Re: Breaking News: Soludo Is Pdp Candidate - Supreme Court by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2009
and for the records

Soludo did not say we are immuned from the global financial crisis.

He just said we have a stronger financial system to withstand the shock

see video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1iC4Ax63kU&feature=related

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service / Sanwo-Olu Advocates 42% Revenue Allocation To States / Bola Tinubu’s Real Name Is Yekini Amoda Ogunlere From Iragbiji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.