Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Four Children Drown In Abuja River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Children Drown In Abuja River (508 Views)

Unexploded Civil War Bomb Discovered In Oji River / SHOCKING!!! Four Children From The Same Parents Born Blind In Edo (photos) / This Drama Can Drown Our Aso Rock Unless Something Drastic Is Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Children Drown In Abuja River by olokeded: 11:02am On Mar 12, 2017
No fewer than four children were found drowned at the Danko River, Galadimawa Community, FCT suburb, Abuja hours after leaving home to wash their clothes.

The four children, who were identified as Jinkai Hakila, 10, Bridget Ibrahim, 11, Precious Ezra, 14 and Azumi Daniel, 16, were said to have been drowned at about 11 am yesterday.

It was gathered that the four children and others, who had thronged the river to wash their clothes and take their bath were earlier warned not play inside the river.

An eyewitness, miss Blessing Elisha, 14, narrated that they were together at the river washing while others were playing at the scene, saying, efforts made to stop the children from playing in the water yielded no result before the incident.

“I actually did not see them entering the water because I was busy washing, suddenly I was called that three of them had entered the river.

“It was then I looked up and saw the fourth one going in and an attempt made to rescue her looked like I was getting drowned. Then I left her and ran to call for help,” she said.

One the first people that responded to the distress call, Alhassan Abdulwahab, said it took about three hours to get their corpses out of the river.

He said the information gathered from other children at the scene showed that the youngest of the deceased, Hakila was the first to enter the river and efforts by others to rescue him led to their death.

“We came to the scene of the incident immediately we got the information, and it took some time before we discovered their corpses because our nets were already in the river for fishing.

“It was after I pulled out my net with a very big fish in it that I saw the four corpses in the same area with their stomach not swollen,” Abdulwahab said.

NAN reports that the four corpses were buried by the river side in line with the tradition of the community.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/03/four-children-drown-in-abuja-river.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by BankeSmalls(f): 11:04am On Mar 12, 2017
Just because Buhari returned?

Haba!
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by Negotiate: 11:04am On Mar 12, 2017
I've always heard about this river... Rip kids
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by OAUTemitayo: 11:07am On Mar 12, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Haba!
Beauty without brain.
Using the sorrows of some people as your own joke shows your oblongata has been denied the much needed nutrients----Common sense

1 Like

Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by BankeSmalls(f): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Beauty without brain.
Using the sorrows of some people as your own joke shows your oblongata has been denied the much needed nutrients----Common sense

Did anyone drown Since the man was making phone calls in London?
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by ArchEnemy(m): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Haba!
I wont be heavy on you because I forsee a thorough heavy lashing will come on you today

But that was not cool
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by CoolFreeday(m): 11:55am On Mar 12, 2017
Condolence to their families! very sad
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by Deprince2656(m): 11:59am On Mar 12, 2017
May their souls Rest In Perfect Peace. #tears full ma eyez
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by momentarylapse: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
The FTC on this thread has no sense whatsoever!
Re: Four Children Drown In Abuja River by Larryfest(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Haba!
You should have atleast sympathize or simply not say anything,they were all kids you know!!

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Has Concluded Plans To Change Ministers/aides / Picture Of 40 Local Council In Nigeria / Flash : President-buhari-condemns-uk Terrorist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.